• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Defense is elite

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've already said it isn't. Just pointing out a feature of that stat.

The Bills netted 436 yards yesterday against the Panthers, compared to 286 against the Patriots. E.J. Manuel was 27/39 for 296 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT.

The Jets had 306 yards week 1 against the Bucs, compared to 318 against the Patriots.

Last edited by a moderator:

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love pats fans... they get so worked up lol.

?

Pointing out the most pathetic coaching mistake in recent memory is "getting worked up"? Lol!

Re-read post #70 and quote for me what's "worked up" about it.

grim rpr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NEhomer

It was totally not directed at you !!

trust me I give credit when it is due and BB made a huge mistake not re-signing Welker, he is a beast that commands credit from a defense and to just let him sign with other big contender in the AFC didnt make sense to me and it still doesnt. You did not get worked up but you did take a shot at last year instead of this year. Last year you also lost to the Ravens so who really cares about last year?? All I am saying is the biggest coaching mistake is letting Welker get away, all announcers and analysts say that all the time, the broncos lost by a bad play or two but so did the Patriots last year... U need to give credit where it is due and Pats fans never do that, at least from what I see on your posts. Broncos fans would be pissed off about poor offensive play but we have the ultimate weapons all at the prime, manning was 2nd in MVP last year and u know he will win it this year. Our defense is incredible. 4 picks yesterday alone and the best rushing defense in the league for teams that have played 2 games. Passing defense is a different story because we totally crush teams and then the other teams are forced to pass the whole second half. Flaccos Junk ass threw 69 balls in the first game that is just crazy. All I am saying is give credit when and where it is due, and when Miller and Bailey come back, forget about it. Just too stacked up. U guys will get better this season but will it be enough. We will all just have to wait and see ..

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welker needed gone. Period.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everyone saying pats played nobody it was the bills and yets.. well proof is in the pudding.

last year the pats gave up 28 and 31 points in their games against the bills. they only gave up 14 this year.

last year the pats gave up 26 and 19 points in their games against the Yets. they only gave up 10 this year.

if this denver dude dont think the pats d is better he clueless. pats d is ELITE.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everyone saying pats played nobody it was the bills and yets.. well proof is in the pudding.

last year the pats gave up 28 and 31 points in their games against the bills. they only gave up 14 this year.

last year the pats gave up 26 and 19 points in their games against the Yets. they only gave up 10 this year.

if this denver dude dont think the pats d is better he clueless. pats d is ELITE.

So the fact that those two teams now have rookie quarterbacks starting has nothing to do with some possible drop off from the year before? Now I do think the Patriots defense is better than last year but to say they are Elite is just ridiculous. Play an offense that is averaging over 20 points a game and then we shall see if the Patriots actually have a good defense. I'm sorry Elite to me is top 3 in the league and well the Patriots really are not that. Week 4, 5, and 6 should tell the tale of how good this defense really is. Until then I really wouldn't be making such crazy claims.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the fact that those two teams now have rookie quarterbacks starting has nothing to do with some possible drop off from the year before? Now I do think the Patriots defense is better than last year but to say they are Elite is just ridiculous. Play an offense that is averaging over 20 points a game and then we shall see if the Patriots actually have a good defense. I'm sorry Elite to me is top 3 in the league and well the Patriots really are not that. Week 4, 5, and 6 should tell the tale of how good this defense really is. Until then I really wouldn't be making such crazy claims.

I know what you're saying, but you have to realize that we're used to having Chad Henne throw for 430 on us with a near perfect Passer Rating to start the season.

Elite is obviously hyperbole right now, but this is still the best start we've seen out of our defense in recent years, rookie QBs and all.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

why do you think they got new qb's? cuz their old ones stunk. in theory they should be better regardless if they rookies. these rookies put up better stats in their other game than the one against the pats. manuel threw for 300 against carolina.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We rank 2nd in defensive passer rating, 5th in defensive completion percentage, 4th in INTs, have not given up a pass of 40+ yards, rank 6th for fewest 20+ yard passes given up, 5th for passing yards per game. Yes, it's against two rookies who may not have much of a career (Manuel looked sharp on Sunday though!), but they HAVE taken care of business in those two games while being the strength of the team in two consecutive victories. There's no much more that you could ask of them.

As before, that doesn't make them elite, it just means they've performed well, and we'll have a better sense of who they are within 3-4 weeks.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We rank 2nd in defensive passer rating, 5th in defensive completion percentage, 4th in INTs, have not given up a pass of 40+ yards, rank 6th for fewest 20+ yard passes given up, 5th for passing yards per game. Yes, it's against two rookies who may not have much of a career (Manuel looked sharp on Sunday though!), but they HAVE taken care of business in those two games while being the strength of the team in two consecutive victories. There's no much more that you could ask of them.

As before, that doesn't make them elite, it just means they've performed well, and we'll have a better sense of who they are within 3-4 weeks.

I agree 100% they have performed well and are the strength of the team. And if the offense comes along as we hope by seasons end this could be a solid team and tough to beat.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This definitely looks like one of the better units that the Patriots have had at least in the last 5-6 years and should help the offense not have to be the leading scoring unit in the NFL this season to succeed. The next few games for sure will define how this unit has grown from last year to this year as they will finally play some offenses that can put up some big numbers. To be the best you have to play against the best.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the broncos lost by a bad play or two but so did the Patriots last year... U need to give credit where it is due and Pats fans never do that, at least from what I see on your posts.

Um, correction. The Broncos had their Raven's game locked up, won, over, but for a ridiculously stupid error. The Patriots got whipped and didn't score in the second half. Big difference there.

...just sayin'

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it worth calling it an elite defense? I knew when I posted it we had played one more game it was originally meant to be taken in jest but as usualt post 2000 Pats fans went of the deep end, which I why I hate Pats fans. And again # 10 overall #8 or #9 is hardly elie, but if that helps you and others sleep at night have it.

So quick question for the sake of comparison where do the Bills and Jets total offense rank?

They're elite!

grim rpr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nehomer

At least u werent rude and I wasnt trying to be either... I was trying to say a couple bad plays instead of a ton... just trying to remain friendly here but somebody has to admit Welker leaving was a huge mistake. Him and Brady were studs together and although Brady is off to a slow start he is still a stud ! Period ! But... everyone warned u about d.a. injury prone... manning and brady only have a couple years left and we both start over... Give both qbs ALL of the best available... he catches crazy amounts of catches which killed other teams and yes had some ... very little but some drops... and the obvious one was clearly off target... see how it goes... I am giving credit where it is due. Brady is great but brady with welker was amazingly efficient... why do all announcers see this from espn and nfl.com but not alot of pts fans.. what am I missing? Not trolling but being friendly so pls dont be rude in the replies. U know w.w. better than me but his skills are off the charts and we dont need him for returns because we have lightning quick Holliday to score 4 or more per year and that is crazy for any team...

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nehomer

At least u werent rude and I wasnt trying to be either... I was trying to say a couple bad plays instead of a ton... just trying to remain friendly here but somebody has to admit Welker leaving was a huge mistake. Him and Brady were studs together and although Brady is off to a slow start he is still a stud ! Period ! But... everyone warned u about d.a. injury prone... manning and brady only have a couple years left and we both start over... Give both qbs ALL of the best available... he catches crazy amounts of catches which killed other teams and yes had some ... very little but some drops... and the obvious one was clearly off target... see how it goes... I am giving credit where it is due. Brady is great but brady with welker was amazingly efficient... why do all announcers see this from espn and nfl.com but not alot of pts fans.. what am I missing? Not trolling but being friendly so pls dont be rude in the replies. U know w.w. better than me but his skills are off the charts and we dont need him for returns because we have lightning quick Holliday to score 4 or more per year and that is crazy for any team...

Wes Welker does not play defense and has no bearing on this thread. Doesn't he play for the Donks now?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not have taken Wes back for a mil a year. This team at the end of the year is better without him.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he catches crazy amounts of catches which killed other teams and yes had some ... very little but some drops... and the obvious one was clearly off target... see how it goes... I am giving credit where it is due. Brady is great but brady with welker was amazingly efficient... why do all announcers see this from espn and nfl.com but not alot of pts fans.. what am I missing? Not trolling but being friendly so pls dont be rude in the replies.

Oh no worries grim. twas all just football banter to me. Wes is terrific and yes, highly skilled. Too, the SB pass from Brady wasn't the best. Friggin' Welker though will catch the crazy ones all the time.

I think one of the stupidest things Belichick has ever done was to sit Welker in the playoffs first drive against he Jets to 'punish" him for his Rex foot fetish jabs. Who knows how that game goes if the Pats open with 7. Still, I think maybe he got too big for his britches here in NE and for that reason, us pats fans are ok with moving on from Wes.

That's about as well as I can put it. He's very skilled but maybe a better fit with you guys at this point.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
next person that says the Pats d is not elite is going to get slapped so hard upside their head they will hear the star spangled banner in their sleep for the next month.