• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Defense is elite

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because you're ranking them by total yards accumulated, not yards per game. They rank 11th on yards per game, but they've played literally twice as many games as every other team but the Jets.

well if you go by points per game the Ravens defense is dead last.....:bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

hey I posted the link that said total team defense. Break it down any way you want but if you are last in team D or one facet of D you aint elite.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elite doesn't mean The Best Ever, though.

True draw, I've always been amazed by that accomplishment though. If you paired that defense with the Pats '07 offense, the resulting team would have repeated perfect seasons.

I agree with whomever said lemme see 'em shut down the better teams before I'll use the elite term.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True draw, I've always been amazed by that accomplishment though. If you paired that defense with the Pats '07 offense, the resulting team would have repeated perfect seasons.

I agree with whomever said lemme see 'em shut down the better teams before I'll use the elite term.

i can't stand the term elite because it's so subjective, and i think it's widely over used.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well yeah, unless you're referring to Tebow. Now that cat's elite.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol!

We laugh now but one day that fucker's might be a leader in right wing politics and God's gonna tell him all sorts of things that Americans need to stop doing.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey I posted the link that said total team defense. Break it down any way you want but if you are last in team D or one facet of D you aint elite.

If you gave up 200 yards in each of two games against the two best offenses in the NFL and everyone but your opponent week two only has played one game, you could still be elite fairly easily. Playing an extra game makes total yards completely useless.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't follow your logic. If we had identical stats to THE BEST DEFENSE last year for yards allowed (Pittsburgh at 275.8 yards per game), we would still be in last place for total defense right now.

Hell, if we were giving up the same average yardage as the '85 Bears per game, we would STILL be in last place for total defense right now. (Corollary: the Jets are giving up fewer yards per game through two games than the '85 Bears)

Total defense stats are completely worthless when you haven't played the same number of games. You have to look at averages instead.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pass rush looks like a walk thru,middle of the field is ALWAYS open,cant see any db's until the catch has already been made are all signs of a weak defense,last night the total number of game experience of the qb's was 2

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay we are Elite beause you all want us to be.

Damn I hate Patriot fans.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've said repeatedly I don't think they've proven anything. Using total defense as an argument is just silly, though. It means less than nothing - it is actively misleading.

bunchofpixels

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The defense wasnt the problem in that game. They gave up 17 points which is better than either to 03 or 04 defense did in the Super Bowl. Bottom line is the offense folded when in counted. Lets not blame the defense on that one. Yes, they gave up a last second touchdown, but with that supposedly great offense, it shouldnt have come down to that in the first place.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
talent wise we are elite we got literally 1st and 2nd round picks throughout the whole d, whats holding us back is the aggression. they are playing the right style 4-3 with man corners playing tight but they are not attacking. they dont attack until they need to. you look at seattle and other elite ds and they are always in attack mode. the pats sat in base d for way to long in these two games, it has to be bb ordering that with his safe bend dont break philosophy OR our dc patricia is clueless and soft, afraid to bring pressure be creative in fear of messing up and feeling bbs wrath.

i dont know which one it is but the defense could be so much better if they simply attacked and were aggressive. we got the hogs release them! enough of this soft shit. force turnovers dont let them come to you. thats the only thing holding this d back right now and keeping them from truely being dominating, the decision whomever calls it to not be aggressive.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really after two weeks and playing two rookie QB's. Sorry but i'm not impressed with the Pats so far this year, barely beating Buffalo and barely beating the Jets. Now NE has TB, ATL, CINCY and NO coming up. How many of those games do you guys honestly expect to win playing the ball the team has been playing? 1 maybe 2 is my guess. you'll still make the playoff because that divisions sucks balls, but don't get a big head after 2 weeks. Yes my Ravens sucked last week and if they continue to play like they did against Denver I'll say the same shit about them.

Yes, your team sucked last week but that was against a loaded Broncos offense. We sucked against two crappy teams with rookie QB's. Some of my fellow Pats fans are clueless. Our D sucks!

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I see one person claiming "elite".

That doesn't mean your argument is a valid one.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said repeatedly I don't think they've proven anything. Using total defense as an argument is just silly, though. It means less than nothing - it is actively misleading.

It's not at all silly, it's actually a good measure as it touches on multiple aspects of the defense. And I did not make or create what was to be measured.

I see one person claiming "elite".

That doesn't mean your argument is a valid one.

And several supporting don't act as if you were unaware of that. Although I suspect you will, you come off as one of those Pats fans I loathe the most.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not at all silly, it's actually a good measure as it touches on multiple aspects of the defense. And I did not make or create what was to be measured.

Really? You still don't understand the simple concept of using an average when there is an uneven amount of games?