• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Decisions, Decisions. Decisions

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They posted some interesting stats on BST.

In three games, the Patriots played against back up QBs and won. Against all of them the opposing QB had a rating below 60. Against the Colts Mac had a QB Rating of 29.3. 99% of the time, a team would lose. Elingher had a QB Rating of 11.2.

The point being made was that Mac's performance is due to multiple issues. He doesn't have a coach or OC with experience. He's not surrounded by top talent on the line or WRs. The biggest problem is that he has not made any real attempt to do something that will improve his performance or anyone else's.

The question that was posed was, "Should Bailey Zappe be brought in against the Dolphins in the second half and again against the Bills? If Mac knew he was being compared, would he step forward or step back?

They brought up another interesting question. Would/Should the Patriots consider dealing Mac for Derek Carr since the Raiders have sent him home for the last two games and will start Jarrett Stidham.

My answer to that is "NO". If BB wouldn't pay TB12 $25M a year, how the hell could he justify paying Derek Carr $40M???

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My answer to that is "NO". If BB wouldn't pay TB12 $25M a year, how the hell could he justify paying Derek Carr $40M???
Why do you guys keep saying that?

"On August 4, 2019, Brady signed a two-year contract extension worth $70 million through the 2021 season"

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you guys keep saying that?

"On August 4, 2019, Brady signed a two-year contract extension worth $70 million through the 2021 season"
its how they justify their opinions even if it aint true
i still believe brady left cause it was the best thing for him but reality is brady/BB/Kraft are the only ones that really know and they aint talking:suds:

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought that this forum might be a good place to Opine. Everyone has their own ideas about what needs to be done. There are definitely decisions that have to be made in 2023.

QB Mac and Zappe. Draft a third one late? Recall a broken Hoyer? If he's there, take one in the later rounds. Maybe he's a Purdy.

RB Not much needed here. Draft one in the 6th or 7th round.

WR This area needs some juice. I'd make the deal for DeAndre Hopkins. AZ will pick up part of his salary and he's the #1, Devante Parker #2, Kendrick Bourne #3 and Tyquan Thorton #4 and Tre Nixon #5. Grab one or two in the draft. Don't think Jakobi Meyers will be back. He's got a once in a lifetime chance to cash in and the Patriots can't afford to spend that kind of money on a #3 OR #4 wr.

OL If Orlando Brown is available, pay whatever it takes to sign him. Make it 5, 6 or 7 years. The guy has never been hurt and is "THE" ultimate stud LT. Draft a LT to learn and be a back up. Strange and Owenue are fine for now at G. If there is a better C available in FA, spend the money. If McDermotts isn't the RT, then draft one or grab someone from the FA list who at least play the position.

TE Henry and Smith will be back. Have to draft someone who can step in and play right out of the box. Can't draft a "might" make it guy.

The defense is in pretty good shape but there are needs at Safety and Corner. Have to look at FA and then draft a couple of guys like Duggar and a taller Marcus Jones.

The two spots that get ignored.

PK Folk can kick anything under 40 yards. Get beyond 42 and it's a crap shoot. He can't kick off and sometimes can't kick straight. Really need an upgrade at PK

Punter Baily had some physical problems and couldn't pint worth a shit in 2022. But this team also missed his leg on kickoffs. Especially in the final game against the Bills. Assume he'll be back, but is he the Baily of 2021?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought that this forum might be a good place to Opine. Everyone has their own ideas about what needs to be done. There are definitely decisions that have to be made in 2023.

QB Mac and Zappe. Draft a third one late? Recall a broken Hoyer? If he's there, take one in the later rounds. Maybe he's a Purdy.

RB Not much needed here. Draft one in the 6th or 7th round.

WR This area needs some juice. I'd make the deal for DeAndre Hopkins. AZ will pick up part of his salary and he's the #1, Devante Parker #2, Kendrick Bourne #3 and Tyquan Thorton #4 and Tre Nixon #5. Grab one or two in the draft. Don't think Jakobi Meyers will be back. He's got a once in a lifetime chance to cash in and the Patriots can't afford to spend that kind of money on a #3 OR #4 wr.

OL If Orlando Brown is available, pay whatever it takes to sign him. Make it 5, 6 or 7 years. The guy has never been hurt and is "THE" ultimate stud LT. Draft a LT to learn and be a back up. Strange and Owenue are fine for now at G. If there is a better C available in FA, spend the money. If McDermotts isn't the RT, then draft one or grab someone from the FA list who at least play the position.

TE Henry and Smith will be back. Have to draft someone who can step in and play right out of the box. Can't draft a "might" make it guy.

The defense is in pretty good shape but there are needs at Safety and Corner. Have to look at FA and then draft a couple of guys like Duggar and a taller Marcus Jones.

The two spots that get ignored.

PK Folk can kick anything under 40 yards. Get beyond 42 and it's a crap shoot. He can't kick off and sometimes can't kick straight. Really need an upgrade at PK

Punter Baily had some physical problems and couldn't pint worth a shit in 2022. But this team also missed his leg on kickoffs. Especially in the final game against the Bills. Assume he'll be back, but is he the Baily of 2021?
QB - 3rd string can come off the streets or even undrafted rookie - unless there's a sleeper late.
WR - gotta keep Jakobi!
OT - going to be about impossible to take Brown from KC
C - centers are best developed. Draft a couple of guards and pick one that can projects as center
TE - TE's are almost always projects - there are exceptions but rarely as cheap as Gronk or Hernandez
CB and S are priorities!!!!!
PK and P - tell the new ST's coach to find em' Streets, UDFA, soccer, under a rock?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OT - going to be about impossible to take Brown from KC
He's refused an extension. He was pissed about being franchised. KC has $24.5M cap space. They've rewritten Mahomes' $500M deal twice. Money could be a serious issue for them.

He's 26 and like every other superstar, he wants to know what everyone else thinks he's worth. Unless the Chiefs take a huge swing and offer him
5 yrs/$125M, he's got to test the market. Maybe a SB Ring could soften the deal, but there's a great need and crazy owners. Hell if I was Bill I'd make the 5/125 offer and guarantee the whole thing.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's refused an extension. He was pissed about being franchised. KC has $24.5M cap space. They've rewritten Mahomes' $500M deal twice. Money could be a serious issue for them.

He's 26 and like every other superstar, he wants to know what everyone else thinks he's worth. Unless the Chiefs take a huge swing and offer him
5 yrs/$125M, he's got to test the market. Maybe a SB Ring could soften the deal, but there's a great need and crazy owners. Hell if I was Bill I'd make the 5/125 offer and guarantee the whole thing.
That is a lucent, intelligent, well thought out response...

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a great article and extremely well written.

Huge surprise right off the bat. Trent Brown made his incentives and is due $12.25m ths coming year. If BB cuts him, it will add $11m to the salary cap. I vote we cut him.

Read the entire article.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a great article and extremely well written.

Huge surprise right off the bat. Trent Brown made his incentives and is due $12.25m ths coming year. If BB cuts him, it will add $11m to the salary cap. I vote we cut him.

Read the entire article.

Hmmm? Cutting Trent Brown would certainly help pay for Orlando Brown........

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering that Trent Brown would add $11M to the $68M cap and add to that the $4M leftover from 2022, that would give Bill $83M to spend. This is all based on the 2022 Cap which could be increased and will probably be increased in 2023.

Who would pick up T. Brown and pay him $10M after having b26 penalties called against him in 2022? Might be able to bring him back for $7M.
Make a hard drive for Orlando Brown and/or Quinten Nelson. Spend $25M-$45M if both can be bought.

Make an effort to sign Jakobi Meyers. Then go for other young WRs like DJ Clark, Allen Lazard, Mercole Hardman or even JuJu Smith Shuster.

There's plenty of money to spend so keep going and get a solid CB and safety.

Jamel Dean, Johnathan Jones, Cam Sutton are three CB who can be had.

Safeties Vonn Bell, Johnathan Abram, Cody Davis (ST) and Jabril Peppers

The money has to be spent wisely and where it will do the most for the team.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering that Trent Brown would add $11M to the $68M cap and add to that the $4M leftover from 2022, that would give Bill $83M to spend. This is all based on the 2022 Cap which could be increased and will probably be increased in 2023.

Who would pick up T. Brown and pay him $10M after having b26 penalties called against him in 2022? Might be able to bring him back for $7M.
Make a hard drive for Orlando Brown and/or Quinten Nelson. Spend $25M-$45M if both can be bought.

Make an effort to sign Jakobi Meyers. Then go for other young WRs like DJ Clark, Allen Lazard, Mercole Hardman or even JuJu Smith Shuster.

There's plenty of money to spend so keep going and get a solid CB and safety.

Jamel Dean, Johnathan Jones, Cam Sutton are three CB who can be had.

Safeties Vonn Bell, Johnathan Abram, Cody Davis (ST) and Jabril Peppers

The money has to be spent wisely and where it will do the most for the team.
Don't do anything with Trent Brown until Klemm is hired and gives his input.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't do anything with Trent Brown until Klemm is hired and gives his input.
Makes sense penalties are correctable and if memory serves BB tried to change the whole blocking schemes and rename a bunch of shit. And I feel there is a greater need at RT

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes sense penalties are correctable and if memory serves BB tried to change the whole blocking schemes and rename a bunch of shit. And I feel there is a greater need at RT
I like Dawand Jones.
I know he is not the highest rated OL, but as a 2nd round pick.
He's huge and athletic with a nasty playing style, especially in the run game.