• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DeAndre Hopkins to Chiefs

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some simply teams aren’t good enough form day 1

You can have a successful season and not win the title in those cases
True. Houston n Detroit are two prime examples. On the opposite end of the spectrum. The 9res n Ravens, well, more Lamar perhaps especially if he wins another MVP.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I get why they made the move and think it was the right choice. I just think there are some jumping up for joy that haven't actually watched him play this year. He will be helped by being in a better situation with a great QB and a coach that will know how to use him, but there are going to be some limitations and I don't think he will live up to the hype.

i dont think the hype is just about Hopkins...

this seems more like the rich got richer type of hype, where you know he will succeed because its the chiefs... and then you get more scared because of hopkins past success... saying this could be HUGE...

its not like Adams going to the Jets where many were waiting for it to epicly fail... this does not have an epic fail floor...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think the hype is just about Hopkins...

this seems more like the rich got richer type of hype, where you know he will succeed because its the chiefs... and then you get more scared because of hopkins past success... saying this could be HUGE...

its not like Adams going to the Jets where many were waiting for it to epicly fail... this does not have an epic fail floor...

And I get that. You are right Adams walked into an already horrible situation and to see them lose this past weekend with him coming in as that savior kind of move was just the cherry on top. Hopkins is walking into the best situation in football so definitely different, but whenever there is a trade my question always goes to "Does this move the needle on the expectations for this team?" And right now the answer is no from me. I don't think adding Hopkins increases the chances for the Chiefs to win. He just isn't the receiver that many picture when they hear his name. He hasn't been that WR for 4 years now.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I get that. You are right Adams walked into an already horrible situation and to see them lose this past weekend with him coming in as that savior kind of move was just the cherry on top. Hopkins is walking into the best situation in football so definitely different, but whenever there is a trade my question always goes to "Does this move the needle on the expectations for this team?" And right now the answer is no from me. I don't think adding Hopkins increases the chances for the Chiefs to win. He just isn't the receiver that many picture when they hear his name. He hasn't been that WR for 4 years now.

but talk about a team with the luxury to see if a player can be the stud that they were... they have been 6-0 without him and they have won some games with a very ugly offense...

so i do agree that the floor of the team has not changed, and that floor is still a SB or bust team... but how about that ceiling?? what if Hopkins gets rejuvenated?? and there is a pretty good chance this happens because he actually has a QB, and games actually matter...

playing through injury for the Chiefs is much easier psychologically than it is playing for the titans, or cardinals, or even those Texans teams

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say "no Hopkins or bad Hopkins" vs"Juju replacement maybe with some slight upside" does move the needle a bit. Probably the difference between a 1 seed and maybe a 3 seed. Granted we did see the Chiefs battle from a 3 seed last year so maybe it doesn't change much assuming they get either Rice or Brown back for the playoffs.

Chiefs just lost their #2 CB, though. The Chiefs roster as is going through the games they have already played would likely be 4-2 and not 6-0

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say "no Hopkins or bad Hopkins" vs"Juju replacement maybe with some slight upside" does move the needle a bit. Probably the difference between a 1 seed and maybe a 3 seed. Granted we did see the Chiefs battle from a 3 seed last year so maybe it doesn't change much assuming they get either Rice or Brown back for the playoffs.

Chiefs just lost their #2 CB, though. The Chiefs roster as is going through the games they have already played would likely be 4-2 and not 6-0

They need to make those moves on the margins right now

Supposedly the pats cb is available for a day 3 pick

Should do that too

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,582.58
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had 1000 yds last year with the likes of levis and tannyhill throwing to him course now he has that bum mahomie :suds:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had 1000 yds last year with the likes of levis and tannyhill throwing to him course now he has that bum mahomie :suds:

Kind of a big difference this year to last year. He didn't have a torn MCL last season. When fully healthy he is still a very capable WR. He has been limited not just by QB play this year though.