• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DeAndre Hopkins to Chiefs

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,582.58
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Underdog’s James Palmer reports the Chiefs’ “plan” is for DeAndre Hopkins to play in Week 8 against the Raiders.
“They’ll know how much is possible by the end of the week,” Palmer said of Hopkins’ playing time, adding that a source told me Hopkins is “perfect” for Patrick Mahomes. The Chiefs on Tuesday acquired Hopkins, 32, from the Titans in exchange of a conditional fourth round draft pick. He’ll likely slide into the role once held by Rashee Rice (knee) and JuJu Smith-Schuster (hamstring), and should quickly become KC’s top wideout. Xavier Worthy could also see more involvement as a deep threat and a gadget player.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DHop's now a dinged 32-year old who's only had five 100-yard games since the start of the 2021 season (he had seven in the 2020 season alone). His contract ends at the end of the year, and whatever sage advice he might have had for Levis he's certainly already imparted. The Titans are 1-5 and cooked. Keeping Hopkins made no sense.

For KC, Hopkins at this point isn't Rashee or Treek. He'll be a guy who'll run the right routes, most games only catch a few targets unless he develops a soul-mate relationship with Mahomes overnight, and mostly make life a little easier for Kelce.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 345.01
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This should sum it up for lots of fans in the AFC...

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DHop's now a dinged 32-year old who's only had five 100-yard games since the start of the 2021 season (he had seven in the 2020 season alone). His contract ends at the end of the year, and whatever sage advice he might have had for Levis he's certainly already imparted. The Titans are 1-5 and cooked. Keeping Hopkins made no sense.

For KC, Hopkins at this point isn't Rashee or Treek. He'll be a guy who'll run the right routes, most games only catch a few targets unless he develops a soul-mate relationship with Mahomes overnight, and mostly make life a little easier for Kelce.
Agreed. Don't really see this trade suddenly rolling back 3 years on D-Hop's body. Still a good possession receiver. But if it anyone was going to revive his twilight he found the perfect place to land.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Don't really see this trade suddenly rolling back 3 years on D-Hop's body. Still a good possession receiver. But if it anyone was going to revive his twilight he found the perfect place to land.
Its a great landing spot because its not really hard to project Hopkins and Worthy being paired together. Hopkins played with Will Fuller back in the day and Hollywood Brown. There is a way to make that work although with one guy being past prime and the other a rookie it could be inconsistent. I'm sure we'll see 'trade not working out' headlines one week followed by 'Chiefs broke the NFL' headlines the next.

Chiefs, imo, are still weaker than they were week 1 when they beat the Ravens just due to injuries. But they're still the Chiefs.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 345.01
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a great landing spot because its not really hard to project Hopkins and Worthy being paired together. Hopkins played with Will Fuller back in the day and Hollywood Brown. There is a way to make that work although with one guy being past prime and the other a rookie it could be inconsistent. I'm sure we'll see 'trade not working out' headlines one week followed by 'Chiefs broke the NFL' headlines the next.

Chiefs, imo, are still weaker than they were week 1 when they beat the Ravens just due to injuries. But they're still the Chiefs.

I agree that there will be lots of stupid headlines....clicks is where it's at. That stated, having a vet that knows how to get open, wins contested balls and understands how to play the position is not a negative for the Chiefs. He is getting up there in age and I think he's had a few issues staying on the field game after game, but I don't see this hurting the Chiefs. In fact even if he does miss some games, getting some of the younger guys a vet presence can't really hurt either...teach them how to be pros day in and day out, maybe kick Rice's ass a few times to see if he can get him to become just a little smarter off the field.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a solid season last year with Levis with no other viable targets on the roster (75-1057-7). 15-173-1 this year is disturbingly low, makes me think there is more to it than that. Hope not for Chiefs fans.

They were bringing him along slowly due to offseason knee injury

He missed the first few games with said injury and was using the next few weeks to get back to game shape

I think he’s fine

Levis and the OL are both terrible

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s like the AFC wants the chiefs to win the Super Bowl again. First the bills, then the titans. Who’s next? Is Cincinnati going to trade them Trey Hendrickson for a conditional 7th and pay 3/4 of his salary?

The Bills with Mahomes, sure. The Bills this year? Worthy has stats (15-198-2) similar to the ones we were denigrating for Hopkins. A few flash plays, especially week 1. Since then, not a lot. In fact, Worthy's receiving stats have been surpassed by Coleman's 16-326-2 (although the Chiefs have had their bye, the Bills have not).

Bills and Chiefs actually have very similar weapons. Each has traded for a vet (Hopkins and Cooper), drafted an early rookie (Worthy and Coleman), has one other recent draft pick in the mix (Rice and Shakir), and some also-rans. Both have well-targeted TEs as well (Kelce, Kincaid). Even the RB rooms aren't dissimilar with recent draft picks (Pacheco and Cook), new rookies (Steele and Davis) and a solid vet (Hunt and Ty Johnson). Stud QBs with a failed high draft pick as the backup (Wentz and Trubisky). Almost eerie, lol.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were bringing him along slowly due to offseason knee injury

He missed the first few games with said injury and was using the next few weeks to get back to game shape

I think he’s fine

Levis and the OL are both terrible

He didn't miss any games though. He's played in all 6 of the Titans' games. Brought along slowly, perhaps. He's only had 2 weeks with more than 2 catches and only 21 targets on the season. We'll see if a change in scenery spikes things a bit.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That reminds me of what Josh said about Cooper playing this past weekend without knowing the offense completely. He was consistently where he was supposed to be.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Winning it all the last two years n having no teams 3peat seems to suggest otherwise.

Now if you were talking about the 9ers I'd agree.

If you're consistently in the AFC championship game, not winning it is a failure.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they can get 130yds out of Juju Smith-Schuster... Then they should be just fine

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a rival fan I honestly was hoping this was the move the Chiefs would make at WR. Hopkins partially tore his MCL in July and is still being bothered by it. Chase Daniels did a deep dive into Hopkins this year and said he was only able to run about 4 routes and wasn't all that impressed with what he saw.

He is a shell of himself at this point. Can still be productive but I think the name means more than the actual player. Now given Chiefs didn't give up much to get him and are hardly paying him so low risk and in my opinion low reward kind of move.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a rival fan I honestly was hoping this was the move the Chiefs would make at WR. Hopkins partially tore his MCL in July and is still being bothered by it. Chase Daniels did a deep dive into Hopkins this year and said he was only able to run about 4 routes and wasn't all that impressed with what he saw.

He is a shell of himself at this point. Can still be productive but I think the name means more than the actual player. Now given Chiefs didn't give up much to get him and are hardly paying him so low risk and in my opinion low reward kind of move.
Beggars cant be choosers. The Chiefs Plan A was Hollywood Brown, plan B was Rashee Rice and plan C was Juju. We're on to Plan D.