• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DCFFL Mock Discussion Thread- 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellis269

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn’t be at all surprised to see Pittsburgh make a move up for either Willis or Pickett either.

ThinMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pittsburgh doesn't have the draft capital, this year or next really, to move up that much in '22. I won't even get into the argument about if they even had it whether they should be throwing it at QBs that any other year would likely be 2nd rounders at best (Answer: They should not).

They need to just take their kicks to the nuts with with the QBs they have this year, retool the rest of the roster, and then make a move in '23 in the first if they need to. Much better class at QB.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn’t be at all surprised to see Pittsburgh make a move up for either Willis or Pickett either.
I think Philly made a wise call. I don't see Pickett as more than a Derek Carr if he maxes out. I do like Willis, but I don't think he is as ready to play as Lance or Hurt were coming out. Willis won't be ready for 2 years IMO. Better prospects next year

Ellis269

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pittsburgh doesn't have the draft capital, this year or next really, to move up that much in '22. I won't even get into the argument about if they even had it whether they should be throwing it at QBs that any other year would likely be 2nd rounders at best (Answer: They should not).

They need to just take their kicks to the nuts with with the QBs they have this year, retool the rest of the roster, and then make a move in '23 in the first if they need to. Much better class at QB.
I agree with you on that, but teams routinely do not make rational decisions when it comes to drafting QBs -

ThinMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you on that, but teams routinely do not make rational decisions when it comes to drafting QBs -
Plenty of teams out there with more money than sense, yes. Pittsburgh is almost always not one of them.

Very likely they will let this draft come to them. Colbert and Tomlin are both on record the last couple weeks saying they don't foresee a trade up scenario because of their lack of picks the next couple years. That said, Tomlin allegedly looooves Willis. If he somehow is available at 20, I expect he will push HARD to select him.

I could maaaybe see them perhaps trying to pull off a mild trade up for him if he lasted a bit (say, 16-18), but it's likely one of those other teams out there with "more money than sense" that I mentioned are gonna make Malik Willis a top 12 pick. I think that is a large mistake, unless your idea of a good investment of a first round pick is "hey, this dude may wind up as good as Kordell Stewart was at QB."

ThinMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping Pittsburgh does exactly what I did with their first in the real draft: Don't panic/trade up/whatever when their top targets start to get drafted and just take the best playmaker available at a position of need at 20.

I had 4 guys that I felt happy with when I went OTC, but didn't feel like I HAD to take any of them. Went with Burks since at the moment the Steelers only have two viable WRs under contract. It's Johnson, Claypool....and mostly a bunch of gunners/punt returners. It's almost a dead nuts lock they'll be drafting at least one WR, and while I didn't plan for it to be what I went after in the first, Burks fits without reaching.

His skillset complements the two current starters fairly well, since he excels at a couple of things that, given the nature of their new QB and old OC, are likely to be important and Johnson/Claypool aren't necessarily very good at: He's great at winning on garbage balls downfield and he's great at taking short crap at/behind the LOS and turning it into more. That Matt Canada offense is gonna be pretty fugly, so having another bigger WR that can run the jet sweeps and potentially turn those -3 yard bubble screens into 6-10 yard gains should help.

Last edited:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the value in the middle of rd1. Kinda don't like it at the back end but I'll be curious to see if you guys can prove me wrong.

Saints might just be drafting players. Not sure this is the draft you want to go all-in at QB

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington may be willing to move up. PM me if you are interested in falling back a few spots.

Ellis269

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you guys pumped up?
I am. Pretty sure the Packers are going to add some much needed talent to the WR room. I personally would prefer Treylon Burks, but I’ll be happy with any of Burks, Wilson, London, Olave or Williams.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Board was rough for the Bangels. All the IOL I would like was gone, and with the Ojabo injury the Pass Rush ready to go was also gone.

Luckily, moving Apple to the bench is a huge win still!

Ellis269

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First round is almost in the books -

@StuUKWI and Detroit are up with the last pick in Round 1. Not bad guys.

StuUKWI

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh - I was hoping Dean would fall two more spots.

If anyone is looking to trade up, Lions are listening. Otherwise I'll pick in 20 minutes or so.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Board was rough for the Bangels. All the IOL I would like was gone, and with the Ojabo injury the Pass Rush ready to go was also gone.

Luckily, moving Apple to the bench is a huge win still!
I would've struggled with my 2 picks if I would've stayed put. I would've taken Elam but I have no idea what I wouldve done with the other pick.

Chiefs are definitely trading up in this draft. Just probably not as far as I did.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see only one WR being picked in the first 18 picks, other than that, nothing to crazy.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would've struggled with my 2 picks if I would've stayed put. I would've taken Elam but I have no idea what I wouldve done with the other pick.

Chiefs are definitely trading up in this draft. Just probably not as far as I did.
I was stunned you did not trade up for a WR, but the more I think about it the more I like Stingley. Chiefs play a ton of man coverage, and Stingley when healthy is going to take the D to the next level.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was stunned you did not trade up for a WR, but the more I think about it the more I like Stingley. Chiefs play a ton of man coverage, and Stingley when healthy is going to take the D to the next level.
Chiefs patched up their WR corps. Its not great but I trust Mahomes to do his thing more than I trust the Chiefs pass rush to make the DBs look good. Also, the best WR in the league now plays for the Raiders.

IRL, Chiefs will either do what I did for Stingley or Sauce if possible. I doubt it is.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put this in the trade thread as well

Texans trade 37 and 107 to Lions for 32

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this morning was a busy one for me in the draft, but I think it is a safe bet my time for awhile is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.