• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DC Update:

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports saying that we're considering Tarver and Ravens ILB coach Don Martindale for DC. Of the two, I'd rather have Tarver. Not sure who i'd pick between Tarver and Mangini.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports saying that we're considering Tarver and Ravens ILB coach Don Martindale for DC. Of the two, I'd rather have Tarver. Not sure who i'd pick between Tarver and Mangini.

I like Tarver as position coach. But as DC? IDK

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Tarver as position coach. But as DC? IDK

Does anybody else think it's weird that Mangini is still on the team and we keep shopping his position right in front of him? It's almost like asking a bumch of hot chicks out on dates...while you're out on a date with your current squeeze.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anybody else think it's weird that Mangini is still on the team and we keep shopping his position right in front of him? It's almost like asking a bumch of hot chicks out on dates...while you're out on a date with your current squeeze.
It is odd for sure. I read up on both Martindale and Tarver and their times as DCs. Was not impressed to say the least. Might as well stick with Mangini if those two are the other choice

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't miss Mangini but I don't like the two guys that are being mentioned as possible replacements. I hope they have someone else in mind.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Firing Mangini says that Kelly has to have someone in mind and that someone will probably say yes.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Firing Mangini says that Kelly has to have someone in mind and that someone will probably say yes.

Oh no....please....no....say it ain't so....no....noooooooooo.

Thank sweet baby Jesus he's out. Kelly cleaning house I like it....blow it all up and get your guys...and RAAAAATHMAAAAAN!!! He's pretty much untouchable 9er Royalty at this point.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think about Mike Pettine?

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is Vrabel didn't want to uproot his family again after coming to Texas two years ago. The Texans also threw more money at him

If that's the case, one has to respect that. Although you mentioned that these opportunities don't come knocking everyday. Maybe he's waiting for the current DC for the Patriots to get a head coaching job next year and then Vrabel will interview for the Patriots DC in 2017.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope Vrabel is now one of the highest paid non-coordinators/head coaches in the NFL. That or he was just really high when he declined a job offer that was surely going to be quite a bit more than his current one.

Honestly being the Defensive Coordinator for Chip Kelly is a win-win situation as well for a young coach like him. Turn the 49ers into a top half of the league D with Kelly's offensive and your suddenly one of the hottest names in the NFL for future coaching jobs. Fail at being the D-Coordinator and oh well it was Kelly's offense and you get another shot at it sooner rather than later. I mean you go the Patriots and turn that D into garbage you're out of the League and hoping to land a job in the college ranks.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope Vrabel is now one of the highest paid non-coordinators/head coaches in the NFL. That or he was just really high when he declined a job offer that was surely going to be quite a bit more than his current one.

Honestly being the Defensive Coordinator for Chip Kelly is a win-win situation as well for a young coach like him. Turn the 49ers into a top half of the league D with Kelly's offensive and your suddenly one of the hottest names in the NFL for future coaching jobs. Fail at being the D-Coordinator and oh well it was Kelly's offense and you get another shot at it sooner rather than later. I mean you go the Patriots and turn that D into garbage you're out of the League and hoping to land a job in the college ranks.
Not just that u will have complete control of the D. Chip will have the offense.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw on the ticker (watching the East West game) that we offered the OC position to Modkins.

Last edited:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the 49ers forgot to hire a DC. They hired every other position.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What sucks is we won't get a Top DC or Big name. Hopefully who ever we bring in has an idea what he is doing. I wouldn't mind up side.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What sucks is we won't get a Top DC or Big name. Hopefully who ever we bring in has an idea what he is doing. I wouldn't mind up side.

The 49ers interviewed O'Neil. We don't want this guy. I read about what happened in Cleveland. He is Mangini 2.0