• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

David Ortiz is sick of the asterisk

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess that means you think my opinion is indeed, incorrect.

It means I found your post funny.

As has been pointed out, there are players with better resumes than David Ortiz, without positive PED tests, who have so far not made the HOF at all. That being the case, I do not agree with your opinion.

My opinion is that he should make it into the HOF, but not on the first ballot. However, unless the writers assoc lightens up on suspected juicers, there's a chance that he won't make it in at all.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It means I found your post funny.

As has been pointed out, there are players with better resumes than David Ortiz, without positive PED tests, who have so far not made the HOF at all. That being the case, I do not agree with your opinion.

My opinion is that he should make it into the HOF, but not on the first ballot. However, unless the writers assoc lightens up on suspected juicers, there's a chance that he won't make it in at all.
fair enough

i just think hes teh guy to break that DH barrier...larger than life, smiling, big personality...then add the HR/RBI/OPS/3 rings...

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fair enough

i just think hes teh guy to break that DH barrier...larger than life, smiling, big personality...then add the HR/RBI/OPS/3 rings...

I agree with you. I'd vote him in. Just not on the 1st ballot.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
logically, opinions are neither right nor wrong.

theyre opinions.

Semantics are fun!

Insomuch that an opinion does not have to be based on facts, they're neither right nor wrong. However, opinions -- even yours -- can be illogical.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Semantics are fun!

Insomuch that an opinion does not have to be based on facts, they're neither right nor wrong. However, opinions -- even yours -- can be illogical.
just because i want to:

an internet favorite

what exactly is "illogical" about me saying ortiz is first ballot?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you vote for Carlos Delgado??
still roasting that chestnut, huh?

when delgado was the offensive centerpiece of 3 WS titles...and is considered the best DH of all time...message me.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

when delgado was the offensive centerpiece of 3 WS titles...and is considered the best DH of all time...message me.

So what you are saying is the difference between 1st ballot HoF and not staying on the ballot is playing on a team with liberal use of ketchup vs playing on the Mets.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes I am roasting that chestnut... Look at their numbers they are a mirror of eachother... Delgado even has a higher OPS...

The point is, being the best DH of all time is not an achievement, If he is going to make it solely because of his offense you have to compare him to other players that would make it solely because of their offense... Delgado was a terrible defensive first baseman... But if Ortiz makes it then how can Delgado not make it, when Delgado at least played a defensive position...

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what you are saying is the difference between 1st ballot HoF and not staying on the ballot is playing on a team with liberal use of ketchup vs playing on the Mets.
delgado was a blowjay more than a met.

like, a lot.

he terrorized my red sox for years

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I am roasting that chestnut... Look at their numbers they are a mirror of eachother... Delgado even has a higher OPS...

The point is, being the best DH of all time is not an achievement, If he is going to make it solely because of his offense you have to compare him to other players that would make it solely because of their offense... Delgado was a terrible defensive first baseman... But if Ortiz makes it then how can Delgado not make it, when Delgado at least played a defensive position...
he would also make it on 3 WS rings...and having the best offensive stats (hr, RBI, hits) for a DH...ever.

you keep disregarding those. they matter, a whole hell of a lot.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, delgado only had a .808 OPS vs the sox

assumed it was a lot higher than that

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he would also make it on 3 WS rings...and having the best offensive stats (hr, RBI, hits) for a DH...ever.

you keep disregarding those. they matter, a whole hell of a lot.

Is Andy Petite going to make the HOF because he has the most playoff wins??(forget the steroids for a second)

I sure hope he wont be a HOF, because he was not that good!!!

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ortiz is an idiot, or he is surrounded by idiot PR people.

Anything he voluntarily says or writes that includes any combination of the the words "tested", "fail", "positive", "PED", or "steroids" is ill-advised.

He's not going to convince anybody who thinks he's guilty that he's some innocent victim, and stands to make some of those on the fence who have heard the exactly the same stuff from Bonds and AFraud believe he's a cheat.

Pujols made the same mistake last year, though he filtered his through a letter from his lawyer, in which they threatened a ludicrous lawsuit. He at least got Clark to apologize for what he said, though I don't think that outweighs the negatives of him voluntarily bringing it back up.