• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Daryl Morey and China

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not arguing LeBrons recent tweets and comments aren't stupid, they are. I'm arguing the hypocrisy accusation. When someone here tells me how they are helping Hong Kong, then they can rip him for that.

Sorry MSG, but you're sorely out of touch with the nature of what Lebron said. I can't stress this enough that HE HAS A CHOICE with which to speak. You're missing that point. Lebron could have just as easily said "no comment" and just move along. But he spoke out in favor of the regime in China just to keep his pockets status quo.

I'm a Kap supporter and really a Lebron fan, but even I can see the hypocrisy here. There's a difference between being indifferent and picking a side. Lebron picked a side with Kap. Lebron picked a side with China. One was for the social impact. The other was money motivated. That's 100% hypocrisy.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we're talking past each other. I'm just saying he can criticize the president and protest racism and that does not require him to also protest Hong Kong

He did fuck up calling Morey out though
My bad.

Agree.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok
Sorry MSG, but you're sorely out of touch with the nature of what Lebron said. I can't stress this enough that HE HAS A CHOICE with which to speak. You're missing that point. Lebron could have just as easily said "no comment" and just move along. But he spoke out in favor of the regime in China just to keep his pockets status quo.

I'm a Kap supporter and really a Lebron fan, but even I can see the hypocrisy here. There's a difference between being indifferent and picking a side. Lebron picked a side with Kap. Lebron picked a side with China. One was for the social impact. The other was money motivated. That's 100% hypocrisy.
Ok fair enough. My point is fighting racism in the US does not obligate you to also fight for HK. I agree he should have kept his mouth shut on China. I also agree this is yet another tone deaf LeBron move

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh boy, @msgkings322 ... I'm normally on a similar wavelength with you, but you've about totally lost me with this atomic stretch.

I'll assume you're feeling squirrelly and itching for some kind of devil's advocate position to argue from on a boring Tuesday afternoon.
I'm just amused by all the accusations of hypocrisy from people who didn't give a shit about HK until this incident. And also people saying if you protest racism you have to also protest every injustice on Earth. It amuses

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just amused by all the accusations of hypocrisy from people who didn't give a shit about HK until this incident. And also people saying if you protest racism you have to also protest every injustice on Earth. It amuses
But LeBron has an obvious, vested interest here... a large one that's worth millions upon millions of dollars.

This isn't asking LeBron to chime in on everything under the sun. It's calling him out where he has skin in the game and where he has decided to open his big yapper to begin with.

Last edited:
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm completely with you. Guarantee you at least 80% of people commenting on these "incidents" didn't know jack shit about the political climate in that region.

How about we keep sports and politics separated and just play ball?

I personally don't give a flying fuck about who said what, when and why. I'm not going to let my love of the game get ruined because some dude sent a tweet and a whole bunch of people got butthurt.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And also people saying if you protest racism you have to also protest every injustice on Earth

Lebron did not just abstain from protesting.

That would be somewhat cowardly by itself based on his overly preachy nonstop SJW stuff.

But, protesting is not a requirement. Nor, is his seemingly selective outrage at random.

He took it a step further...

He actively questioned the intelligence of someone who expressed the bare minimum of tiny support for human rights and free democratic values.

That was being a tone deaf jackass in addition to be a hypocrite and coward.

And it was entirely motivated by how much fucking money he might make off SPACE JAM 2.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But LeBron has an obvious, vested interest here... a large one that's worth millions upon millions of dollars.

This isn't asking LeBron to chime in on everything under the sun. It's calling him out where is he has skin in the game and where he has decided to open his yapper to begin with.
I've already said he should have shut the hell up, and fucked up by calling out Morey.

But a lot of these comments are about how "LeBron and the NBA talking all that shit about BLM and Trump and now they won't go to the mat for HK, what a bunch of hypocrites"

The irony being that it's far.more hypocritical to blast them for something no one gave a shit about before. It's just another way for people to get mad at black people for protesting racism

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Wilbon said it best today on PTI. He said LeBron looks like somewhere between a sellout & a hypocrite. And that he was wrong saying Daryl Morey was uninformed. He also said some of LeBron's money is on the line with the issues in China.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron did not just abstain from protesting.

That would be somewhat cowardly by itself based on his overly preachy nonstop SJW stuff.

But, protesting is not a requirement. Nor, is his seemingly selective outrage at random.

He took it a step further...

He actively questioned the intelligence of someone who expressed the bare minimum of tiny support for human rights and free democratic values.

That was being a tone deaf jackass in addition to be a hypocrite and coward.

And it was entirely motivated by how much fucking money he might make off SPACE JAM 2.
You revealed yourself. Yeah he should have shut up. No protesting racism doesn't have a single thing to do with this.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole country has significant financial interests in China. You gonna throw away your Chinese made iPhone today?

Throw away my iPhone? Gotta get one first. I'm still pimping a flip phone.

downloadsdfsdf.jpg

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just another way for people to get mad at black people for protesting racism
I think a good argument can be made that LeBron is personally more impacted by what is going on in China then he is by "racism in America."

Yeah... I said it.

Bron has had a pampered, privileged life for the clear majority of his life. Dude lives in a bubble.

But mess with his money... :mad2:

This isn't a black and white issue. It's a green issue.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throw away my iPhone? Gotta get one first. I'm still pimping a flip phone.

View attachment 219939

You kids and your modern technology

who-invented-the-cell-phone-1.jpg

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You still had people bitching about the players not saying anything. Matter of fact, people bashed Harden and Westbrook for having no comments about this at their press conference.

Sure, but they don’t come off as a moron like James has. It’s better to say no comment and people say you are a hypocrite that be a hypocrite but also be an idiot.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm completely with you. Guarantee you at least 80% of people commenting on these "incidents" didn't know jack shit about the political climate in that region.

How about we keep sports and politics separated and just play ball?

I personally don't give a flying fuck about who said what, when and why. I'm not going to let my love of the game get ruined because some dude sent a tweet and a whole bunch of people got butthurt.
Yeah I do get ripping LeBron for ripping Morey. But people like Hornsstampede are using it as another reason to bash people for supporting Kap and whatnot

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gotta get those Chinese Space Jam 2 dollars.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You kids and your modern technology

who-invented-the-cell-phone-1.jpg

The phone in my house is rotary.

downloadsdfsdfsdfsdf.jpg

The cord on this badboy's 250 feet. But now I want a vintage phone booth in the kitchen.

downloadfsdsdfsdfs.jpg

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but they don’t come off as a moron like James has. It’s better to say no comment and people say you are a hypocrite that be a hypocrite but also be an idiot.
We all agree no comment was the right call. But he would then have been ripped for it, unfairly

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The phone in my house is rotary.

View attachment 219942

The cord on this badboy's 250 feet. But now I want a vintage phone booth in the kitchen.

View attachment 219943

Don't be fooled by the vintage phone booths. They were used more as toilets by the homeless over in England.

Before the cellphone days I used them quite regularly when I needed to and not once did I find one that didn't smell of piss.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be fooled by the vintage phone booths. They were used more as toilets by the homeless over in England.

Before the cellphone days I used them quite regularly when I needed to and not once did I find one that didn't smell of piss.

Wait I couldn't buy a made in 'Murica vintage phone booth at walmart? Dammit.