• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Daryl Morey and China

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all agree no comment was the right call. But he would then have been ripped for it, unfairly

You can't expect one of the most prominent players in NBA history to have just played two games in China to not comment.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't expect one of the most prominent players in NBA history to have just played two games in China to not comment.
If he had to say something, there were a million better ways to say it. Especially witha few days to prepare the remarks.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm completely with you. Guarantee you at least 80% of people commenting on these "incidents" didn't know jack shit about the political climate in that region.

How about we keep sports and politics separated and just play ball?

I personally don't give a flying fuck about who said what, when and why. I'm not going to let my love of the game get ruined because some dude sent a tweet and a whole bunch of people got butthurt.
Lmfao

The fact that you even made this statement is proof you should recuse yourself from the conversation..

That Is the Crux of most arguments.

Nobody is saying LeBron should chime in on the topic.

We are saying he's a fucking hypocrite for saying Morey should not when he is constantly sticking his nose in political affairs.

If Lebron just stuck to basketball we wouldn't be talking about this.

He doesn't.

Last edited:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all agree no comment was the right call. But he would then have been ripped for it, unfairly
Yep..

Just like Pop, Kerr and Curry.

Better people think you are a hypocrite than to open your mouth and prove them to be 100% correct.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmfao

The fact that you even made this statement is proof you should recuse yourself from the conversation..

That Is the cuz of most arguments.

We are saying he's a fucking hypocrite for saying Morey should not when he is constantly sticking his nose in political affairs.

He doesn't.

You're saying one of the biggest sports stars in the world who has just come back from China had no rights commenting on a situation which could have cancelled the whole reason he went to China in the first place?

Are you seriously saying Lebron should "shut up and dribble"?

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're saying one of the biggest sports stars in the world who has just come back from China had no rights commenting on a situation which could have cancelled the whole reason he went to China in the first place?

Didn't he just tell Morey to shut up and make trades?

I understand you are a homer.

But, this goes beyond that.

Lebron actually lobbied for the NBA to take action against a guy who didn't do a tenth of what he's done.

Directly calling the President of the United States a Bum and showing support for those that are oppressed.....

Yeah, LeBron .....

Nothing hypocritical about that.

Gmafb

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're seriously playing this card on @Mecca?

Didn't you just say similar a few posts ago? I'll refresh your memory:
Lmfao

I mean....

Really?

That's why I put it in bold.......:pound:

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmfao

That Is the Crux of most arguments.

He doesn't.

Again, he was against what Morey said, he was questioning the timing of it

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to walk away from this.

I care far too little about this topic to get in a heated discussion.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sorry...

I didn't even answer your question.

No.

I don't think he should stay silent.

That is my point.

He also is the last guy who should ever tell anyone else not to make political statements that can harm the NBA Financially.

Hence, the hypocrisy.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apologies to Cavs fans in advance....

But, do you know what this reminds me of?

Remember when everyone was crying about Durant joining the Superfriends and how it was bad for Basketball?

Yet, it was all good when the Cavs signed Bron and traded for Love.

I always found it funny that people were mad that the Warriors managed to out-stack the greatest team stacking star in the History of the NBA....LOL

That's what this is.

It's all good in the hood when LeBron does it.

But, Morey should have thought about the impact his tweet would have on the league?

This fucking guy...lol

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great new hire by espn. Rare get these “intelligent” takes these days....

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apologies to Cavs fans in advance....

But, do you know what this reminds me of?

Remember when everyone was crying about Durant joining the Superfriends and how it was bad for Basketball?

Yet, it was all good when the Cavs signed Bron and traded for Love.

I always found it funny that people were mad that the Warriors managed to out-stack the greatest team stacking star in the History of the NBA....LOL

That's what this is.

It's all good in the hood when LeBron does it.

But, Morey should have thought about the impact his tweet would have on the league?

This fucking guy...lol
I’m still waiting for Lebron’s goodbye letter to Cleveland

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron takes Daryl Morey to twitter school.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, he was against what Morey said, he was questioning the timing of it

What are you talking about?

He said Morey was uneducated and misinformed.

That means wrong....

"I don't want to get into a [verbal] feud with Daryl Morey, but I believe he wasn't educated on the situation at hand, and he spoke," said James. "And so many people could have been harmed not only financially, physically, emotionally, spiritually. So just be careful what we tweet and say and we do, even though, yes, we do have freedom of speech, but there can be a lot of negative that comes with that, too."

I believe he was either misinformed or not really educated on the situation, and if he was, then so be it. I have no idea, but that is just my belief.
Because when you say things or do things, if you are doing it and you know the people that can be affected by it and the families and individuals and everyone that can be affected by it, sometimes things can be changed as well.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now, we see why he is so big on China's politics, going against freedom of speech because of someone exercising their freedom of speech. What is the just cause of punishing Morey, because he cost people money standing for what he believes, similar to guys like Ali. Talk about misinformed, LeBron the man in the mirror is hurting your brand. You had plenty of options to choose from and you choose to ignore injustices in the world and made it about the NBA finances. You'll get your little brief of happiness when Morey gets fired, and the NBA with grovel to China and get their way, I hope it was worth it, LeBron.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you talking about?

He said Morey was uneducated and misinformed.

That means wrong....

"I don't want to get into a [verbal] feud with Daryl Morey, but I believe he wasn't educated on the situation at hand, and he spoke," said James. "And so many people could have been harmed not only financially, physically, emotionally, spiritually. So just be careful what we tweet and say and we do, even though, yes, we do have freedom of speech, but there can be a lot of negative that comes with that, too."

I believe he was either misinformed or not really educated on the situation, and if he was, then so be it. I have no idea, but that is just my belief.
Because when you say things or do things, if you are doing it and you know the people that can be affected by it and the families and individuals and everyone that can be affected by it, sometimes things can be changed as well.

He’s speaking on the principle of the consequences the players faced while being on Chinese soil. That doesn’t translate to him supporting China or him saying Morey is wrong. I guarantee he wouldn’t have a problem with Morey tweeting it if the players were here at home. It’s a reason why there were plenty of reports that the players felt uncomfortable being out there.

Lebron just stayed quiet but people are trying to change the narrative like he supports China.