• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Darren McFadden to Dallas

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but what a great year to do that.

IMO this was Jerry's plan all along. And it's the smart thing to do. It's why they made such an insulting offer to Murray and then never called him back in the lead up to FA. It really was an offer that is made only to say to the fan's that he chased money and it's not his fault that the team's that they left even though they knew before he even offered it that there was no chance of Murray accepting.

It is a GREAT year to be looking for a RB in the draft. A guy like Yeldon who could likely be had in 3rd or so very well might be Murray's equal behind that OL in that system.

....and of course Jones gets his Arkansas guy on his team. I'm kind of surprised no one guessed that he would be their RB even before FA began considering Jerry's man crush on the Arkansas team at the time. Taking Jones in the 1st that year was laughably bad.

Lose one injury proned RB and sign another :L

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Stephen Jones has not quite been able to push Jerrah out of the way on personnel decisions, LOL.

1476990fou9q26wba.png

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will definitely draft a guy--or trade for AP.

Draft a guy: Stephen Jones rational plan
Trade for AP: Jerry Jones wildcatter plan

bigdaddytorr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome signing... if he stays healthy; watch out!

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add Dallas to the list of teams considering a RB in the upper rounds.

they definitely need a RB. How they get him, whether trade or draft, who knows? McFadden is just taking a flyer, depth, whatever.

Another question is, do you try to get A.P. by trading an early round draft pick, or take one of the pretty good options available in the draft?

THAT, is the question for the Cowboys, imo.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just looking at talent, McFadden is at least as good as Murray. I think this is a pretty low risk move for Dallas that could pay off really well. This is better than paying Murray what Philly did.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McFadden has never had a season like Murray did. Yeah they are both injury prone, but McFadden much more so. Basically no believes McFadden can be the answer, just a short term fill in. Some still believe that Murray could be the answer, they may be wrong, but it's still up in the air. That's the difference IMO.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McFadden has never had a season like Murray did. Yeah they are both injury prone, but McFadden much more so. Basically no believes McFadden can be the answer, just a short term fill in. Some still believe that Murray could be the answer, they may be wrong, but it's still up in the air. That's the difference IMO.

mcfadden never had that line in front of him, or a dez bryant and tony romo and jason witten to assist him as well.......hes not murray, but murray did not much for 3 years, now hes just amazing..........i dont get it

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mcfadden never had that line in front of him, or a dez bryant and tony romo and jason witten to assist him as well.......hes not murray, but murray did not much for 3 years, now hes just amazing..........i dont get it

It wasn't just the line for Murray. He breaks tackles and make folk miss tackles. Maybe I'm over impressed watching him play the Seahawks, but he had a hell of a day, making guys blow tackles and gaining chunk yardage. Never saw McFadden do that , at least not to that extent.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no mcfadden is not murray we agree there.

But i can't overlook the fact of murrays 3 prior seasons

he was productive, had a nice YPC, but was always hurt, and never getting the full workload.........then a monstrous line appears and he dominates........he may prove me wrong........but theres others that i think are better

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is JUST MY OPINION

But over murray in no particular order

Adrian Peterson
Leveon Bell
Marshawn Lynch
Lacy
Charles
Foster
Forte
Possibly Jeremy Hill

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is JUST MY OPINION

But over murray in no particular order

Adrian Peterson
Leveon Bell
Marshawn Lynch
Lacy
Charles
Foster
Forte
Possibly Jeremy Hill

AP yup
LB Mmm maybe
ML yup
Lacy no, but perhaps if the Packers get away from the committee approach
Charles yup
Foster no
Forte not at this point in his career
Hill we'll see

Given this list I'd have to say Murray looks worth a flyer

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Murray is a bit overrated. He had some good ypc before this year but a lot fewer carries. Overall production this year was an aberration in the context of his career, and I bet he plays under his contract in Philly. McFadden has had durability issues but also had 2 seasons of 5+ ypc in Oakland. The slightest stroke of luck with health and I think he's an above average player at a minimum in Dallas running behind that line, and that will be a bargain considering he's making about 1/3 as much per year as Murray now.