• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Darren McFadden to Dallas

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmao

nice "replacement"

and on turf none the less...

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sings contract, gets up from table, goes to shake jerry jones' hand...pulls quad and strains flexor tendon.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now THAT's a guy that's injury prone. Honestly I hope he stays healthy and has a good year.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add Dallas to the list of teams considering a RB in the upper rounds.

Yeah but what a great year to do that.

IMO this was Jerry's plan all along. And it's the smart thing to do. It's why they made such an insulting offer to Murray and then never called him back in the lead up to FA. It really was an offer that is made only to say to the fan's that he chased money and it's not his fault that the team's that they left even though they knew before he even offered it that there was no chance of Murray accepting.

It is a GREAT year to be looking for a RB in the draft. A guy like Yeldon who could likely be had in 3rd or so very well might be Murray's equal behind that OL in that system.

....and of course Jones gets his Arkansas guy on his team. I'm kind of surprised no one guessed that he would be their RB even before FA began considering Jerry's man crush on the Arkansas team at the time. Taking Jones in the 1st that year was laughably bad.

Last edited:

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but what a great year to do that.

IMO this was Jerry's plan all along. And it's the smart thing to do. It's why they made such an insulting offer to Murray and then never called him back in the lead up to FA. It is a GREAT year to be looking for a RB in the draft. A guy like Yeldon who could likely be had in 3rd or so very well might be Murray's equal behind that OL in that system.

....and of course Jones gets his Arkansas guy on his team. I'm kind of surprised no one guessed that he would be their RB even before FA began considering Jerry's man crush on the Arkansas team at the time. Taking Jones in the 1st that year was laughably bad.
Yea, this is a very deep class for running backs. There is some great WR depth too.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jerry is crazy enough to do what it takes to get Gurley.

Do what it takes? He likely is going to end up slipping to the 2nd round at this point.

There simply is not a lot of teams that NEED a RB. And with the depth there at the position where there really isn't a lot of value difference between the 1st and the 10th best RB in the draft, there is little reason to use a first rounder on one. RB's are going to fall early IMO and then there will be a crazy run right around the 3rd where everyone feels they are getting steals in the draft.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who was McFaddens back up in college that was also a rb for Dallas for a short time?

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 year deal. no other details yet available.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do what it takes? He likely is going to end up slipping to the 2nd round at this point.

There simply is not a lot of teams that NEED a RB. And with the depth there at the position where there really isn't a lot of value difference between the 1st and the 10th best RB in the draft, there is little reason to use a first rounder on one. RB's are going to fall early IMO and then there will be a crazy run right around the 3rd where everyone feels they are getting steals in the draft.
There are a few teams at the bottom of the 1st round who need one. I have a feeling Gordon and Gurley are still going to come off of the board in the late first round to early second round. While this is a deep draft those two will be considered a tier above the rest.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No biggie. Not like they are signing him to replace Murray or as if he is the guaranteed starter. Teams sign marginal players like him all the time. I think that is all he is expected to be. No better than what we already have (unfortunately maybe no worse either!!!). Our last Raider top pick that we grabbed off the scrap heap worked out pretty well...

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about a downgrade if that's going to be their starter.