• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Darrelle Revis to return to Jets

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess we beg to differ on 'carving up the D'.

You're right on the race card, it was absurd lol. I just am SO tired of QBs winning MVP I'll look for any excuse. The day they BAN QBs from MVPs.... is when I can die happily.

You take what the defense gives you, attacks the week spots when the game, the championship, is on the line.

yes I know the Seattle players were on the verge of collapsing on the field but that was a great performance by Brady.

Yeah Butler looked great in the Superbowl on a number of plays. We can only hope he's the real deal but the regular season is a much longer haul.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could definitely see the Jets now going hard for Mariota to secure the quarterback position and have that position on the cheap for the next 4-5 years. That would be the Revis contract so they can pay him like he is the quarterback of the team while Mariota stays on the Rookie Contract that is so cheap. Plus they have given him some weapons now with Marshall, Decker, and Amaro. Get him a RB (which this draft class is loaded with) and all of a sudden the Jets look like somebody that could push the Patriots a little this year depending on how much Mariota can do as a rookie.

Do you think TN picks Mariota or trades the pick to someone that does?

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you believe what you read, the pats pushed away rom the table monday knowing revis was going back to the jets.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you guys take your Super Bowl arguments to a Super Bowl thread?

Back to the topic at hand. Revis and Skrine just turned the Jets secondary from a weakness to a strength. Now they need to spend the remainder of free agency or the draft addressing the pass rush, bulking up the o-line and getting some depth in the linebacking corp. If they get a running back and can manage to get a number 3 receiving option on the cheap (Miles Austin type), I think a guy like Mariota may actually be able to come in and have a chance.

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Revis back to the Jets is nothing more than merc money. He doesn't give a shit about winning, team or the sport. I guess the whole concept went out the window years ago. We're all just trying to hold on to the past.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think TN picks Mariota or trades the pick to someone that does?

Not sure...Hard to know how they actually feel about Mettenberger. If they like him then I could see them trying to work a trade as good chance that as the draft process goes on more teams will be clamoring for Mariota. Heck I could see the Jets after all the FA moves they have made thinking about making that trade knowing QB is the one position where they just stink. Throw in knowing they just paid a Corner big money they will need a QB that is on a rookie contract to make the books work.

Definitely going to be an interesting first few picks in the draft this year. As we have seen this off season teams are not afraid to pull the trigger on some pretty big trades. I don't think that Philly as much as they are linked to Mariota will have the fire power to trade up for him. It is looking more and more like they will need to get to that top-3 overall spot and the price would just destroy them to make that trade. Although Chip Kelly does seem to have lost his mind this off season so who knows.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi Hu. We miss you. I'm here now, sorry lol

Nice tryyyyy....profile sez you joined here two days before I did!

But don't worry, I'm about to have to quit this site, too...I've been offered a new gig.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice tryyyyy....profile sez you joined here two days before I did!

But don't worry, I'm about to have to quit this site, too...I've been offered a new gig.

i had this account but never used it. old place gave me the heave ho.

dont run off, its almost may..the unofficial end of the mets season!

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i forgot how to change my avatar.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a crappy team the Jet's have always played the Patriots very tough. They've had an excellent front 7 and now their secondary is going to be killer too. AND the Jets are talking about Antonio Cromartie as well. Sheeeeet!

If the Jets get Ryan Fitzpatrick who while wildly inconsistent is still light-years better then Geno the Jets are going to be tough.

And Rex Ryan is gone too. Great defensive coach, terrible head coach imo. So the typical "Jets will melt-down" syndrome could be gone too. We'll have to see on that.

And the Bill and Dolphins have gotten better too.

I still think the Patriots are the best team and will win their division but it's going to be a dog fight. Home field advantage?, first round bye?... mayyybe but far, far from certain.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure...Hard to know how they actually feel about Mettenberger. If they like him then I could see them trying to work a trade as good chance that as the draft process goes on more teams will be clamoring for Mariota. Heck I could see the Jets after all the FA moves they have made thinking about making that trade knowing QB is the one position where they just stink. Throw in knowing they just paid a Corner big money they will need a QB that is on a rookie contract to make the books work.

Definitely going to be an interesting first few picks in the draft this year. As we have seen this off season teams are not afraid to pull the trigger on some pretty big trades. I don't think that Philly as much as they are linked to Mariota will have the fire power to trade up for him. It is looking more and more like they will need to get to that top-3 overall spot and the price would just destroy them to make that trade. Although Chip Kelly does seem to have lost his mind this off season so who knows.

I don't think anyone has a good feel on what the thinking is in Philly. A Sanchez/Bradford QB combo stinks!! Not to mention the other questionable things as well.

The only sure thing at the top of the draft board is Winston at 1 to Tampa.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a crappy team the Jet's have always played the Patriots very tough. They've had an excellent front 7 and now their secondary is going to be killer too. AND the Jets are talking about Antonio Cromartie as well. Sheeeeet!

If the Jets get Ryan Fitzpatrick who while wildly inconsistent is still light-years better then Geno the Jets are going to be tough.

And Rex Ryan is gone too. Great defensive coach, terrible head coach imo.

And the Bill and Dolphins have gotten better too.

I still think the Patriots are still the best team and will win their division but it's going to be a dog fight. Home field advantage, first round bye... mayyybe but far, far from certain.

Rex just seemed to know how to do enough to disrupt the Pats offense. Now he's got a better D in Buffalo so those games will be just as intense. You just know that Buffalo will treat the games against the Pats as their Super Bowl.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i forgot how to change my avatar.

Ahh, it's too complicated now. You have to go to the upper right hand part of the screen where you see your name right under the NHL forums tab, then click on yer self, then go to avatar, then upload something.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Revis back to the Jets is nothing more than merc money. He doesn't give a shit about winning, team or the sport. I guess the whole concept went out the window years ago. We're all just trying to hold on to the past.

Wonder where Demarco will fit in with this thinking. Take the money in Jax or stay home.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pats need to do something to get that 70 spot on the colts . wonder if luck can kill a zone ? :2cents:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone has a good feel on what the thinking is in Philly. A Sanchez/Bradford QB combo stinks!! Not to mention the other questionable things as well.

The only sure thing at the top of the draft board is Winston at 1 to Tampa.

Well to me Chip will either be a hero or fired at the end of the year for what he has done. All of this could blow up in his face and have the fans chasing him out of town with the pitchforks. He could also look like a genius if say Sam Bradford all of a sudden starts playing like the #1 QB he was drafted as. When healthy Bradford hasn't looked completely terrible so who knows what could happen there. He has to stay healthy obviously for a year first.

As for the draft you are right nobody really knows right now what is going to happen. Heck we could see Mariota's draft stock fall if teams start finding something they don't like. It happened last year to Bridgewater who went from #1 overall pick to barely in the 1st round just because some teams noticed a few issues and he wasn't the flashy quarterback. He ended up being the best rookie quarterback this past year in my opinion.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi Rock, it's Francis