• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

return of the bust league

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this is where it gets dicey...I know there is really nothing we can do in a sense but why should a QB be penalized for a being a great pocket passer and just simply slow? I mean this for Goff.

Herbert was nothing special.
actually its just the opposite pocket passers score better in rushing yards cause the get less

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d like to throw out a suggestion. Before I do, can any of you give a rundown of how this format has played out in the past? All I know is you slow drafted and it was probably h2h.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d like to throw out a suggestion. Before I do, can any of you give a rundown of how this format has played out in the past? All I know is you slow drafted and it was probably h2h.
in the pasr we used neg pts for good things tds etc and pos for bad int and such
never done a roto football league:suds:
welcome to milks world

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

in the past we did a H2H league very much like any other H2H league, just with scoring that benefited the buster...

It was fun... but had its own problems... really the H2H, even though it was fun, really ruined the purpose of the league...

thats why i think draft and forget is the way to go...

Just thought rotisserie would be fun and simple as we can truly compare the major stats...

scoring was always difficult and was always a problem for this league...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

throw the suggestion anyway... I Try to to be a democratic leader in my leagues!!!

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in the past we did a H2H league very much like any other H2H league, just with scoring that benefited the buster...

It was fun... but had its own problems... really the H2H, even though it was fun, really ruined the purpose of the league...

thats why i think draft and forget is the way to go...

Just thought rotisserie would be fun and simple as we can truly compare the major stats...

scoring was always difficult and was always a problem for this league...
Did you have a waiver wire? Can you describe about setting weekly lineups, like what parameters you had to abide by?

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
throw the suggestion anyway... I Try to to be a democratic leader in my leagues!!!
My suggestion for this format you are experimenting with would be consider revamping the categories and focusing on rate stats as categories, efficiency related ones, i.e. yards per pass attempt, Int%, TD%, yards per target, Catch%, and so forth. Maybe sprinkle in a few counting stats but depending what are available I wouldn’t necessarily see the utility.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My suggestion for this format you are experimenting with would be consider revamping the categories and focusing on rate stats as categories, efficiency related ones, i.e. yards per pass attempt, Int%, TD%, yards per target, Catch%, and so forth. Maybe sprinkle in a few counting stats but depending what are available I wouldn’t necessarily see the utility.

was thinking about doing that from the start... but thought the counting stats would be more fun to look at and more meaningful...

sure its cosmetic, and i think you are right that ratios are better for some categories...

but this is much cleaner.... If that makes sense...

the funny thing is that people say i am making this complicated... i think i made it SUPER SIMPLIFIED.... so there is a misconnect there somewhere... LOL

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was thinking about doing that from the start... but thought the counting stats would be more fun to look at and more meaningful...

sure its cosmetic, and i think you are right that ratios are better for some categories...

but this is much cleaner.... If that makes sense...

the funny thing is that people say i am making this complicated... i think i made it SUPER SIMPLIFIED.... so there is a misconnect there somewhere... LOL
Yes the downside is people would probably find it less intuitively accessible. To which I would say, the drafting process is often a vague imprecise science anyway and the involved effort is nothing more than a draft.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ok.. I see some ways to include some of this.. not sure how much... I do think keeping Yards and TDs for Passing Rushing and Receiving is still the way to go...

but we definiteyl don't need Pass attempts... as interceptions is already a stat that gives advantage to who plays more...

so a Completion rate would be a good stat to add instead...

but for rushing and receiving, I am unsure if its better than what we currently have..

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok.. I see some ways to include some of this.. not sure how much... I do think keeping Yards and TDs for Passing Rushing and Receiving is still the way to go...

but we definiteyl don't need Pass attempts... as interceptions is already a stat that gives advantage to who plays more...

so a Completion rate would be a good stat to add instead...

but for rushing and receiving, I am unsure if its better than what we currently have..

I think…

YPC instead of attempts would be good

And maybe offer receptions as a .5 stat

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any stat u use that is about volume will reward the players that dont play

gannon is on the right track in using % cause it dont matter how many u have just how well u do

As for injuries there is no way to seperate them from players who suck:suds:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any stat u use that is about volume will reward the players that dont play

gannon is on the right track in using % cause it dont matter how many u have just how well u do

As for injuries there is no way to seperate them from players who suck:suds:

There is.

Using a balance between volume and efficiency stats gets that done pretty well I think.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m down for whatever. It just feels like stuff the talk of using counting stats as a counterbalance in relation to injuries is overly ambitious when you are blazing your own trail far from tested methods we know of.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is.

Using a balance between volume and efficiency stats gets that done pretty well I think.
dont see how Goal of this league is least volume and least efficient Cant be any better than 0 :suds:

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the way to balance it is have 5 good stats (tds etc) and 5 bad stats (int/fum/etc) cause then someone who doesnt play wins 5 (good) and loses 5(bad) and im just using 5 as an example but keep them even:suds:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm taking everything I hear... since we have to start the draft tomorrow... I will have the rules set in stone later tonight...

when I post the draft order everything will be ready!!!

I will say this, I don't love ratio stats for rushing and receiving, as I don't think they are really that informative... as high volume players, are no matter what going to have lower ratios... I am ok with that as a QB, because it makes more sense...

right now, I did change Pass attempts to Completion percentage, and I also made that -.75, and lowered Pass yards to -.75 as well... as I think they are similar enough, and really not one is more important than the other...

Keep on throwing ideas out... they are helping me make this a better scoring system...

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
since there is no rwt i think we should only use enough players to fill all rosters

22 QBs
55 RBs
55 WRs
22 TEs

not sure why u made the rosters so big but thats alot of players to list (154)