• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Danny Shelton? Yes, I'm dreaming....

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, you NEVER mock others here when unprovoked right?

Just another hypocrite.

Show me examples where I have mocked others unprovoked. You will have to search a long time, because it's not there. You brought all this shit on yourself.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, you NEVER mock or insult others here when unprovoked right? You and others here need to "practice what you preach" dude. When you and others here learn to grow up and respect different viewpoints

I don't have to agree with you to respect your point of view. That is what you seem to be missing. You seem to equate disagreeing with you as disrespecting your point of view.

When you originally started posting about AP to Dallas, many people just didn't agree with you, but I can't recall many but Pday who were giving you shit about it -- not like now. But you couldn't let it go and have created the environment that now exists.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, so let's substitute Brown or Goldman for Shelton - would you consider trading next years 1st and this years 4th for a high 2nd, if guys like Peters or Jones fall to the second round? Assuming a trade can be made...

#27: Brown, Goldman
TRADE: 2nd: Peters, Jones
#60: Coleman, Ajayi, D.Johnson, Abdullah
#91: S, DE

Remember, Jerry is more likely to make a trade than not.
Yeah, that's a possibility. What it would come down to, IMO, is how highly ranked the two players are on the Cowboys board. Like, say they had Malcolm Brown #14 on their big board and Byron Jones #18. They take Brown at #27, and when the 2nd round rolls around, the guy they have #18 overall(and at a need position) is still on the board at say 37-38. They would take Jones, compare him to the corners in next years class, and make the deal, with the thought that Jones is next years #1, just a year early. Then they hope that Ajayi or Duke Johnson is there at 60, and they've killed it this year

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, the trade would only make sense under certain circumstances. If Dallas can get two starting caliber players, like Brown and Jones, then still get one of the top RB's I think it would be worth it.

The potential to add 3 starters to the team from this draft is intriguing, I think.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, the trade would only make sense under certain circumstances. If Dallas can get two starting caliber players, like Brown and Jones, then still get one of the top RB's I think it would be worth it.

The potential to add 3 starters to the team from this draft is intriguing, I think.
That's why I don't think it's out of the question. Just depends on how many players in the 27-40 range in this draft are 1st round values next year

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have to agree with you to respect your point of view. That is what you seem to be missing. You seem to equate disagreeing with you as disrespecting your point of view.

When you originally started posting about AP to Dallas, many people just didn't agree with you, but I can't recall many but Pday who were giving you shit about it -- not like now. But you couldn't let it go and have created the environment that now exists.
Then perhaps you should go back and read that thread again and stop pointing fingers at me.

I'm so tired of all this BULL SHIT!

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then perhaps you should go back and read that thread again and stop pointing fingers at me.

I'm so tired of all this BULL SHIT!

You have always had the biggest issue with him. That dates back to before this AP nonsense. Ultimately, IDGAF. But let's just keep it honest here.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have always had the biggest issue with him. That dates back to before this AP nonsense. Ultimately, IDGAF. But let's just keep it honest here.
Do me one favor....judge me since my 7 month ban. No reason to drag my name in all this

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do me one favor....judge me since my 7 month ban. No reason to drag my name in all this

I re-read the first few pages of the AP thread, and you're right. I apologize. I was wrong.

This was all started by Greg being Greg.

Care to give your opinion on trading next years first?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I wouldn't expect Shelton to be on the board. But then again, Sharrif Floyd was supposed to be the #2 pick in the draft, according to the prognosticators. I did say I was dreaming right? lol

Malcolm Brown and Eddie Goldman would be great picks for Dallas, but I wouldn't pass up a CB for either of those two. Shelton on the other hand...

On the topic of trading next years first, does that make sense to anyone else, or is it just me?

Exactly. Until the actual draft is done by Kiper, Mayock, etc instead of the actual teams we don't know who will be drafted where (DaQuan Bowers?). No, none of us would expect Shelton to be there, but you never know what could happen with any player...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading next years 1st could net you a mid 2nd rounder this year. If they feel this draft is much stronger than next years, it might be worth it. In that case, you might get a CB like Peters in the 1st, pick up Tevin Coleman in the mid 2nd, a maybe a DL at 60. Sounds great.....the risk is, if the wheels fall off and we go 4-12, we wouldn't have that top 5 overall pick. On the other hand, if we won the Super Bowl and that pick is 32, it would be a great deal

No way. I would almost never give up a future years #1 pick. Who knows how that draft will develop and who knows what our true needs will be after this year. Can always play "what if", but what if Romo has a career ending injury and we end up winning like 4 games and need a QB next year...Totally made up scenario of course, but my point is that #1 picks in future years are just too important for a team that with or without those extra picks isn't likely to be a SB team yet...If we liked those guys enough to give up next years #1, just take them right now. I'm all for Peters at #27, but I'd rather have the next best CB available at #60 and next years #1 than Peters. How many times does the higher rated player end up worse than a guy drafted two or three rounds later? Just not worth it IMO

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way. I would almost never give up a future years #1 pick. Who knows how that draft will develop and who knows what our true needs will be after this year. Can always play "what if", but what if Romo has a career ending injury and we end up winning like 4 games and need a QB next year...Totally made up scenario of course, but my point is that #1 picks in future years are just too important for a team that with or without those extra picks isn't likely to be a SB team yet...If we liked those guys enough to give up next years #1, just take them right now. I'm all for Peters at #27, but I'd rather have the next best CB available at #60 and next years #1 than Peters. How many times does the higher rated player end up worse than a guy drafted two or three rounds later? Just not worth it IMO
Not disagreeing with you. OP brought it up, and there are definitely risks, but I could see the merit if you believed the player you got at the top of the 2nd this year is better than anyone you might get late next year. I'd think for that to have any chance of happening, there would have to be someone the Cowboys had in their top 15-20 still on the board in the late 30's

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not disagreeing with you. OP brought it up, and there are definitely risks, but I could see the merit if you believed the player you got at the top of the 2nd this year is better than anyone you might get late next year. I'd think for that to have any chance of happening, there would have to be someone the Cowboys had in their top 15-20 still on the board in the late 30's

that would be the only scenario where i could see it happening

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I re-read the first few pages of the AP thread, and you're right. I apologize. I was wrong.

This was all started by Greg being Greg.

Care to give your opinion on trading next years first?
Thank you for that...

I'm in no favor of giving up a future #1 unless it's a expected franchise QB. Romo could miss time this season and we fall to 5 wins....and BOY would we regret the shit outta trading that #1 this time next year

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, and they would probably offer this year's 2 and 3 first

don't think so. we have too many needs. and if we do as well this year as last we can expect to be around 27 again so next years #1 for this years 2nd rounder (33 to 36) + a 4th might work

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we move a first next year we better be getting a 3rd rounder out of it as well.

bigdaddytorr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a UW alumni... I love Shelton. But he's not a 4-3 guy

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, Danny Shelton will likely be off the board when Dallas picks, so there is that.

But, what if Shelton is on the board when Dallas picks? I think this guy is a very intriguing fit for Dallas. This guy is huge, and extremely strong and athletic. He could be another Haloti Ngata type -- which is why he is likely to go in the top half of the draft.

Shelton would be the IDEAL 1-tech. Put him next to Crawford on the inside with Hardy and Lawrence at DE, and you would have an extremely formidable front 4.

Hell, while I'm dreaming...

#27: Danny Shelton
Trade next years first for a top second round pick: Marcus Peters, Byron Jones
#60: Ajayi, Coleman, D. Johnson
#91: Randall, Orchard, Flowers

Depending on who falls, I would be okay with trading next years first to get into the top of the 2nd for a crack at Peters or Jones. If Dallas is a contender next year, the first rounder won't be much better than a top 2nd pick anyway.
Shelton should be drafted between 1 & 15 in the first round.