• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Danny Hurley welcome to the Lakers !

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woj is never casual about these things

Doesn't Woj get his info from teams, while Shams gets his from players/agents? This seems like it could be a leverage move by the Lakers front office with Redick negotiations. Or, did Redick turn the job down outright?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is not getting any younger. And neither is AD. At some point a new era must be built.

AD just turned 31. Let's not put him in the old folks home just yet lol.

Lebron's age is why they are looking at options to add a 3rd star in an NBA where that 3rd star handicaps your roster build. They're trying to transition from Lebron to that 3rd star. I don't know that they'll get anything done, but a Trae/AD pairing moving forward could be a great fit (with defenders on the perimeter to cover for Trae of course).

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AD just turned 31. Let's not put him in the old folks home just yet lol.

Lebron's age is why they are looking at options to add a 3rd star in an NBA where that 3rd star handicaps your roster build. They're trying to transition from Lebron to that 3rd star. I don't know that they'll get anything done, but a Trae/AD pairing moving forward could be a great fit (with defenders on the perimeter to cover for Trae of course).
I would move AD unless you think Lebron has two or three more years. Achilles and back issues abound. And he has not played more than 60 games or so more than 1 year in last 5. At least you need a great back up for him.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would move AD unless you think Lebron has two or three more years. Achilles and back issues abound. And he has not played more than 60 games or so more than 1 year in last 5. At least you need a great back up for him.

That was this year though. Lebron will sign a two year deal after opting out this summer most likely.

Lakers don't rebuild unless forced to. They will chase reload options first.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just shocked that the Lakers kept their pursuit of Hurley completely under wraps. This popping up so late in the process is so weird. He's easily the best option available, hopefully he signs on.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'd be the biggest waste of money in modern sports in my opinion.

COULD they win a title eventually with Hurley? Yes, but they could also win one eventually with Tom Thibodeau.

And it's not like the Lakers need help to market their team.

That's western capitalism though. Throw a ton of money at people and roll the dice.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For UConn it IS a big deal.

It could plummet them back to mediocity.

Exhibit #1: Villanova

The wrong hire will do that

Kevin Ollie

Although his issues started after his divorce

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The wrong hire will do that

Kevin Ollie

Although his issues started after his divorce

I also think Hurley has the totally wrong temprament for an NBA coach. I actually think Wright has more of the persona for the job.

But I guess when you're the Lakers, you can afford to thrown tens of millions around and it works out either way.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,446.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just shocked that the Lakers kept their pursuit of Hurley completely under wraps. This popping up so late in the process is so weird. He's easily the best option available, hopefully he signs on.
Allegedly, this is a recent development.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,446.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AD started taking his conditioning more seriously this past season.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I will say is that even though Hurley has done really well with the current landscape of college basketball, the changes in NIL and transfers make it very difficult to be the next Coach K or Dean Smith.

So, there's a chance Hurley says this is a good as it gets in college and takes the deal.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I will say is that even though Hurley has done really well with the current landscape of college basketball, the changes in NIL and transfers make it very difficult to be the next Coach K or Dean Smith.

So, there's a chance Hurley says this is a good as it gets in college and takes the deal.

You’re seeing football coaches do it

BC head coach took an nfl coordinator job because this portal and nil bullshit is so awful

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurley has said the NBA is a dream. If he leaves Uconn it’s for an elite NBA job for triple the money.

Wonder if he waits to see if Celts lose and maybe Boston comes open.

He would 100% bail for a big time east coast NBA job.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard some radio talk show people discussing this a few minutes ago while going out to grab a sandwich, and one of them made a good point: With NIL money totally changing college sports, and making the college players professionals who basically jump into the transfer portal anytime a better deal comes along--why not just coach pros?

In other words, guys like Hurley used to be able to become kings at the college level, like Coach K or Nick Saban in football. Now the NIL game has changed the game, and undermined their power. Expect more of them to jump ship to the pros.