• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Damar Hamlin improvement

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am so very happy to hear this. I have been watching news and sports news non stop when not at work to check on his status. I was/am still very worried for him and praying for him. He seems like a fantastic kid from all reports, and his charity good a massive bump this week. I pray he makes a full recovery and gets to do all the things he had always wanted to do.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm very glad to read that he's becoming more responsive and hopefully is on his way to a full recovery.

All of you weighing in on whether he should or shouldn't play in the future, it's not your choice and you're not him. You're welcome to have your opinion, but I doubt he cares. He should do what he deems is best for him.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

According to the University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Damar Hamlin is "beginning to awaken," and his "neurological condition and function is intact."​

“It’s been a long and difficult road for the past few days. He has been very sick and has made a fairly remarkable improvement," were the words of Dr. William Knight. The doctor said the hospital still does not know the exact mechanism that triggered Hamlin's cardiac arrest. Knight shared that Hamlin is also "showing positive signs in vital signs and organ recovery." Astoundingly, it appears something like a full recovery may be in reach for the 24-year-old. We will continue to update his status.

Chief Cola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hamlin, 24, is able to move his hands and feet, the doctors said. He is unable to speak but was able to communicate in writing, Pritts said. Hamlin asked whether the Bills won Monday's game against the Cincinnati Bengals -- a contest that was postponed after his collapse.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What an absolutely incredible and amazing turn of events for Hamlin. He's not totally out of the woods yet, but things look very promising.
Props to the physicians and all the medical staff at UC hospital...and to the medical personnel at the stadium last Monday night.
And to all the people around the country and the world for their well wishes and prayers too.

Always an awesome thing to have faith in humanity reestablished when needed and restored again.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm very glad to read that he's becoming more responsive and hopefully is on his way to a full recovery.

All of you weighing in on whether he should or shouldn't play in the future, it's not your choice and you're not him. You're welcome to have your opinion, but I doubt he cares. He should do what he deems is best for him.
Well stated. I think the key question that will eventually need to be addressed was the cardiac arrest a direct result from the tackle itself or is there a genetic issue involved here. I don't think this has been determined yet, or if it has I missed it. That could possibly go a long way as to whether or not the kid will be able to resume his career or as Moab said, whether or not he'll even want to do so.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he recovers, it's possible that his chances of having this happen again are the same as any player having it happen the first time.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donations over $7M

Well it sounds like he's okay, so if the $7M could be forwarded to me that'd be great.

Edit: I apologize.. that's disgusting. Especially as he wants to donate to Cincy's hospital. Cincy's hospital should get $1M of the $7M, and I'll take the rest.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe he'll make a full recovery and it will be sooner rather than later.
Wonder if he play’s again ? As long as it was the impact that caused it and not some heart issue I’d say he definitely can if he recovers fully … League should make chest protectors mandatory after this !

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well stated. I think the key question that will eventually need to be addressed was the cardiac arrest a direct result from the tackle itself or is there a genetic issue involved here. I don't think this has been determined yet, or if it has I missed it. That could possibly go a long way as to whether or not the kid will be able to resume his career or as Moab said, whether or not he'll even want to do so.
Offhand, that sounds like private medical information. Hamlin would have to sign a written release before anybody could tell the media about anything like that.