• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comeback Player of the Year

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally useless award so I really don't give a flying fuck who wins.
Probably true, but there has been some great players with big comeback seasons who have gotten that award…and now Damar.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably true, but there has been some great players with big comeback seasons who have gotten that award…and now Damar.
Not dismissing the players as much as the award in general. It just has the feel of a participation blue ribbon type of thing to me. As for Damar, truly happy he is well and playing again.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not dismissing the players as much as the award in general. It just has the feel of a participation blue ribbon type of thing to me. As for Damar, truly happy he is well and playing again.
But look at the past winners. They had legitimate stat filled, team changing seasons.

The award seemed to have great merit to me. This year it is a participation award.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But why? The award has always been about measuring someone’s success on the field.

Let’s be honest, if he had this heart attack in the offseason and was brought back to life with the same limitations, he isn’t even in the NFL this season.

I like the guy and love the story but this is a participation. As far as I know, that is not the intent of the award, and it has never been given away in that way.
I agree with you when you’re talking about the history of the award. That’s why I was pointing out that this season presents an anomaly and that coincides with a year where there aren’t many great candidates to choose from.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a football award. Does anyone remember even one play from Hamlin this year other than the failed fake punt that helped doom his teams season?

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did he have to do?

I look at this season as he didn’t get cut because of his story. Maybe I’m missing something.
That really isn't the case.
For the previous two seasons, Hamlin had been one of the backup safeties, with Poyer and Hyde being the starters.
In the past offseason, the Bills signed Rapp, so there were essentially three safety spots taken, and one left for everybody else to fight for.
Hamlin won that spot, and played in most/all of the games this season.

Of course, a substantial amount of credit for his comeback goes to the medical and training staff.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That really isn't the case.
For the previous two seasons, Hamlin had been one of the backup safeties, with Poyer and Hyde being the starters.
In the past offseason, the Bills signed Rapp, so there were essentially three safety spots taken, and one left for everybody else to fight for.
Hamlin won that spot, and played in most/all of the games this season.

Of course, a substantial amount of credit for his comeback goes to the medical and training staff.
He made two tackles this year.

That shouldn’t get an award unless you break out of a POW camp to do it.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets give it to the guy that played a 3rd of the season over a guy that died on the field and another guy that led his team to the division crown.

The only decent Flacco had was beating the Jags at home.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most awards were tough to decide, but this comeback was the most glaring mistake.