• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dalvin Cook

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha thanks. I'm a little hit and miss these days. Added two new kids to the family so little less time for sports message boards. Hopefully though with school kicking back in and kids getting into a routine I should be around a bit more. I'll try not to cause too much trouble.
Twins...or irish twins?
Or adopted?
How many now?

Congrats!!
Boys girls or both?

You may have ruffled feathers with your opinions...but fuck'm. You're always welcome.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twins...or irish twins?
Or adopted?
How many now?

Congrats!!
Boys girls or both?

You may have ruffled feathers with your opinions...but fuck'm. You're always welcome.

We adopted brothers with the oldest being 10 and the youngest being 6. Our total now is three with our daughter included so been quite the transition for our family of 3 to go to 5.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We adopted brothers with the oldest being 10 and the youngest being 6. Our total now is three with our daughter included so been quite the transition for our family of 3 to go to 5.
Good on you!
Orphans or bad environment?
How are they adjusting?
Any counseling needed to help them with transitioning?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good on you!
Orphans or bad environment?
How are they adjusting?
Any counseling needed to help them with transitioning?

Can I say both? They found the boys together and were not sure who the parents were. The oldest has told some stories that sound straight out of a horror film of their childhood so yeah not a great environment.

As for adjusting they are doing pretty well. Our oldest has had more struggles as he is used to being on his own and being in charge. Thankfully he picked up English quickly as this is his 3rd language he's learned so far. Our youngest has done well, but easy to see both have trauma. Thankfully my wife is a counselor and has resources galore. Actually one of her jobs is working for an adoption agency and helping families with transitions so we were prepared from day one and are seeing the boys starting to come out the other side of all this in a good place.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I say both? They found the boys together and were not sure who the parents were. The oldest has told some stories that sound straight out of a horror film of their childhood so yeah not a great environment.

As for adjusting they are doing pretty well. Our oldest has had more struggles as he is used to being on his own and being in charge. Thankfully he picked up English quickly as this is his 3rd language he's learned so far. Our youngest has done well, but easy to see both have trauma. Thankfully my wife is a counselor and has resources galore. Actually one of her jobs is working for an adoption agency and helping families with transitions so we were prepared from day one and are seeing the boys starting to come out the other side of all this in a good place.
always have had enourmous respect for people who adopt kids,congrats on your new family members,hope they bring you joy.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I echo @redskinsfan1963 sentiment. Enormous respect for someone with the balls and patience to adopt troubled youngsters!

My hats off to you. You are a scholar, a gentleman and a hero as well.

All I'm good for is rescuing a German Shepherd. Not that she doesn't appreciate it.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I can say is that I admire you. The hardest thing in this life is to extend love to those that are not your own and allow them to love you back.
Congrats and I hope you win Mega Millions Tuesday if I don't.

My wife and I are too old to try it and we've talked about it. We raised our kids then had to help raise theirs. Never regretted it.

I'm trying to get her to let me adopt an adult dog. I need someone to get me out walking again. Every other day at the gym isn't as satisfactory as having a best bud to come home with you after exercise.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I echo @redskinsfan1963 sentiment. Enormous respect for someone with the balls and patience to adopt troubled youngsters!

My hats off to you. You are a scholar, a gentleman and a hero as well.

All I'm good for is rescuing a German Shepherd. Not that she doesn't appreciate it.

Well I appreciate the kind words. It has been a rough yet rewarding year for our family. Just had a great memory created with my youngest son getting to head out to Bronco training camp and seeing his eyes light up watching the field. Hoping in the next couple of years to go to a game with him and see his first real football experience. My wife has thankfully given me permission to have football on at the house every Saturday and Sunday since my son is taking interest and I have to watch it for work (I know poor me having to watch football and get paid to do it!).

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s a home run hitter from anywhere on the field. He just has to hang out with the right people and not a bunch of knuckleheads.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I can say is that I admire you. The hardest thing in this life is to extend love to those that are not your own and allow them to love you back.
Congrats and I hope you win Mega Millions Tuesday if I don't.

My wife and I are too old to try it and we've talked about it. We raised our kids then had to help raise theirs. Never regretted it.

I'm trying to get her to let me adopt an adult dog. I need someone to get me out walking again. Every other day at the gym isn't as satisfactory as having a best bud to come home with you after exercise.
I know here in TN there are dog rescues everywhere.

SO many people have been dumping dogs. While pits are the most common dogs found in shelters there are so many good dogs that just want a family to be with.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha thanks. I'm a little hit and miss these days. Added two new kids to the family so little less time for sports message boards. Hopefully though with school kicking back in and kids getting into a routine I should be around a bit more. I'll try not to cause too much trouble.
Congratulations on your additions! :suds:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I appreciate the kind words. It has been a rough yet rewarding year for our family. Just had a great memory created with my youngest son getting to head out to Bronco training camp and seeing his eyes light up watching the field. Hoping in the next couple of years to go to a game with him and see his first real football experience. My wife has thankfully given me permission to have football on at the house every Saturday and Sunday since my son is taking interest and I have to watch it for work (I know poor me having to watch football and get paid to do it!).
They could not pay me enough to watch the Dolphins.
I'd do it for free however to watch them lose!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know here in TN there are dog rescues everywhere.

SO many people have been dumping dogs. While pits are the most common dogs found in shelters there are so many good dogs that just want a family to be with.
Believe it or not, I met a guy at Walmart who told me that here in God's Waiting Room (Florida), spo many people are movig into rest homes and assisted living that the best place to look for a dog are Veterinarians. people have been takingtheir dogs there and now can't take them into A.L. or Rest homes and are leaving them at the vets'. H3 says that they are the best place to get small or medium sized dogs.

Pits are the most available and most of them have been abused in one way or another. I want a Lab or Labradoodle but the wife won't let me have a big dog. I can't stand Chihuahuas. I'm hoping for a compromise Cocker-doodle or Please, please, Australian or Welch cattle Shepard..

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe it or not, I met a guy at Walmart who told me that here in God's Waiting Room (Florida), spo many people are movig into rest homes and assisted living that the best place to look for a dog are Veterinarians. people have been takingtheir dogs there and now can't take them into A.L. or Rest homes and are leaving them at the vets'. H3 says that they are the best place to get small or medium sized dogs.

Pits are the most available and most of them have been abused in one way or another. I want a Lab or Labradoodle but the wife won't let me have a big dog. I can't stand Chihuahuas. I'm hoping for a compromise Cocker-doodle or Please, please, Australian or Welch cattle Shepard..
When did we start comparing Dalvin Cook to an unwanted dog?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did we start comparing Dalvin Cook to an unwanted dog?
When he left the Jets without a contract, which was after New England and Miami said " yeah, about that visit...Hope you haven't booked a flight."

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You, sir, have my utmost respect. Thank you for doing a great thing for the world.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Australian Shepards are the very best dogs. They are high energy so if you are looking for excercise......