• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dalvin Cook

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He likes money a lot?
This isn't exactly fair sentiment toward a top quality running back. They get the low rung compared to all regular positions. If you factor in their ability to change a game the comparison is far worse. I don't begrudge any rb that tries to squeeze out extra drops of cash.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When has Bill really made a "splash" for a FA or really another player other than Randy Moss. The more the "media" is saying he is going to the Patriots means he won't (seen that happen a lot). Is Bill willing to fork over the money?
Moss was from a trade for a few balls that were rumored to have been left out in the rain for a month.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When has Bill really made a "splash" for a FA or really another player other than Randy Moss. The more the "media" is saying he is going to the Patriots means he won't (seen that happen a lot). Is Bill willing to fork over the money?
These were my thoughts exactly.

Reading this other news from NY, Cook has likely priced himself out of NE.

Man I hope Strong suprises us. A Stevenson injury would derail this team for sure.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once ESPN said that Cook was headed to NE, the Jets couldn't let him get there without at least trying to put a bump imn the road. With Aaron Rogers giving them $35M and killing the $60.5M hit in 2023, the Jets are flush with cash and they won't hesitate a single second to make Cook tye highest paid RB in NFL history. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if he asks for $20M and the minute he says, "I'll take a ride up to Foxboro and see what Bill has to say", they'll give him 3 years/$60M with $45M guaranteed.

This is suck, fuck or swim time for Woody and the Jets.
Woody will tell him good luck getting that kind of $ out of NE. Sign a healthy $15-18M deal but the offer leaves with you if you don't sign.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be reasonable and honest.

1. Cook has been playing against Aaron Rogers since he started with the Vikings. The coaches have whined and moaned about defending him.
Now Cook gets to play with and not against one of the best quarterbacks ever. Mac Jones or Aaron Rogers?

2. Playing in Minnesota hasn't exactly been a financial dream. Where does a new star get more opportunity to make some big extra income?
Foxboro or New York City?

Right now, the Patriots don't have a single thing that they can put down and compete with anybody for free agents. All taxes included your looking at a bit over 35% of your gross in Mass. 42% in NYC 26% in Miami or Texas or Tennessee.

Bill's going to have more than $130M in cap spending next year. Mac better crank up his numbers this year or no one except the leftovers will want to consider the Patriots.

Just think about it. You're 27 years old and have just finished you rookie contract in Minnesota. You were born and raised in Smalltown, Iowa. You're a top ten NFL WR after your first five years. Three teams offer you a 5 year $135M all guaranteed. The three teams are Dallas, Tennessee and the Patriots. Two states with no income tax. Dallas is a crotch hair from the Super Bowl. What can BB offer anyone that would be able to top those two?
Maybe 5 years and $150M so that player can take home more than a no income tax state? Mac or Dak?

Selling the Patriots isn't easy without having a GOAT.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't exactly fair sentiment toward a top quality running back. They get the low rung compared to all regular positions. If you factor in their ability to change a game the comparison is far worse. I don't begrudge any rb that tries to squeeze out extra drops of cash.
The RB argument is legend here on the Hoop and elswhere.
Do they get paid enough? I'm not going to jump in on that argument.
As Southie the GM, I'm never going to give a RB $18 million in today's NFL. That's what losers are for!

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Gordon?
Antonio Brown?
Cory Dillon?

Without looking into it much.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill knows that Dalvin Cook will sign elsewhere

Cowboys BREAKING: Ezekiel Elliott Visits Patriots; Belichick Asks Jones About Signing​

Patriots coach Bill Belichick is overseeing the weekend visit of another big-name running back in former Cowboys star Ezekiel Elliott.

In this story:​

Dallas Cowboys

DALLAS COWBOYS
OXNARD, Calif. - The New England Patriots have been sniffing around on the possible signing of Dalvin Cook. But as he is visiting the rival New York Jets, Pats coach Bill Belichick is overseeing the weekend visit of another big-name running back in former Dallas Cowboys star Ezekiel Elliott.
The team investigation into Cook has been weeks in the making after the Vikings cut the four-time Pro Bowler. And Elliott, the two-time NFL rushing champ? He has been slower to get on teams’ radar … but now the Pats are intensifying their examination of a backfield addition to work behind starter Rhamondre Stevenson.

Zeke ran for 876 yards last year, the worst numbers of his seven-year career with the Cowboys. However, it was still an effective season in some ways. … as he was good for 12 TDs.
Elliott has been a $15 million APY in Dallas - that is the central reason he was released here. The market for running backs right now will of course not support that sort of salary.
ESPN reports that Belichick quizzed COO Stephen Jones of the Dallas front office to gain info before arranging the visit.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These were my thoughts exactly.

Reading this other news from NY, Cook has likely priced himself out of NE.

Man I hope Strong suprises us. A Stevenson injury would derail this team for sure.

I honestly just don't see Cook coming to NE even IF he wasn't about the money.

Strong NEEDS to do well and did I hear Stevenson is not healthy?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cook didn't sign with the Jets. He went home to Miami and will be at the Dolphins camp today to look at them. Steve Ross say that if Cook steps on the field, he'll be changing into Dolphins' practice gear.

I'd say it's 65:35 that Cook will be a Dolphin.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cook didn't sign with the Jets. He went home to Miami and will be at the Dolphins camp today to look at them. Steve Ross say that if Cook steps on the field, he'll be changing into Dolphins' practice gear.

Unless he signs with the Raiders.........or the Colts..........or somebody else.........

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once ESPN said that Cook was headed to NE, the Jets couldn't let him get there without at least trying to put a bump imn the road. With Aaron Rogers giving them $35M and killing the $60.5M hit in 2023, the Jets are flush with cash and they won't hesitate a single second to make Cook tye highest paid RB in NFL history. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if he asks for $20M and the minute he says, "I'll take a ride up to Foxboro and see what Bill has to say", they'll give him 3 years/$60M with $45M guaranteed.

This is suck, fuck or swim time for Woody and the Jets.

Dalvin Cook would be lucky to get $10 million a year. From what I understand that is what he has been seeking in a new deal and no team is willing to bite at that price so anything over that would be shocking. He is not getting $20 million as every other NFL owner would slap Woody across the face for such a stupid decision.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalvin Cook would be lucky to get $10 million a year. From what I understand that is what he has been seeking in a new deal and no team is willing to bite at that price so anything over that would be shocking. He is not getting $20 million as every other NFL owner would slap Woody across the face for such a stupid decision.
Welcome back...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome back...

Haha thanks. I'm a little hit and miss these days. Added two new kids to the family so little less time for sports message boards. Hopefully though with school kicking back in and kids getting into a routine I should be around a bit more. I'll try not to cause too much trouble.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

that,s what i think.miami is desperate for a good running game and cook answers that.