• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dalvin Cook

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Months ago I was disinterested in Dalvin Cook.
A lot has changed since.
Patriots team is beginning to gel and now we seem to be looking at him seriously - rather than reporters blathering.
Appears that Ty Montgomery is a WR for us. He has previously played WR in the past.
Does that mean we still need a RB?
Picking up the best RB available, now that we have available cap to spend, could add to this offense more than most other options.

Let's hear your take on this possibility.......

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot has changed since.
Patriots team is beginning to gel and now we seem to be looking at him seriously - rather than reporters blathering.
Appears that Ty Montgomery is a WR for us. He has previously played WR in the past.
Picking up the best RB available, now that we have available cap to spend, could add to this offense more than most other options.

I like it.
Bring him on!!

He's not just best available FA or best available RB, he is a top RB.
Cook and Stevenson would be the top RB group in the NFL.
Plus he can catch.
If Bill could sign him to a multi year deal that would lock that position up and let him focus on other needs (CB, WR, OL, QB)

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot has changed since.

I'd like to get him but part of me thinks BB is trying to raise his price to the Jets.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the shit BB has been taking for noy upping the bid on DHop, Cook may be a better alternative. He can run, but he's also an excellent pass catcher in short flat and can scoot once he catches the ball.

I think BB can get him somewhere between 7& & $9M and maybe three years.

Well worth the gamble.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Thursday practice, Rhamonde Stevenson was limited.
In Thursday practice Ty Montgomery tweaked his ankle and had to leave the field.

ESPN reported Thursday night that Dalvin Cook and Bill Belichick have spoken several times and ESPN has CONFIRMED that Dalvin Cook will meet with BB, BOB and Matt Groh Saturday at Gillette Stadium. No further details.

Cook has not visited any team during the off season. Most of the so called experts believed that the Jets would sign him by the end of this coming week. ESPN Believes that there might already be an agreement on a contract and Cook will be in a Patriots uniform for the first contact practice on Sunday.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the shit BB has been taking for noy upping the bid on DHop,
I don't buy it. Not that Bill hasn't been roasted, but that the money wasn't right.
Hopkins said many times he was big on relationships. He was in Texas with Vrabel and Kelly .
With money being equal, Pats might not have had a chance. And if more money would have made up for bad relationships, Bill would have been wasting good money on bad. Sooner or later Hopkins and O'Brian would have been a distraction.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots won't sign Cook. I'd like it but they aren't doing it
Curious what makes you say that?

I don't think they'll sign him either, but interested to hear opinions.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spent the pas thour at cardio rehab, so I haven't seen or heard anything. Just thought that him visiting was something out of the ordinary considering tha5t he's refused invitations to visit four other teams and has turned down supposed offers via other means. ESPN is the NOT Boston media and claiming what they did on Sportscenter kinda perked me up.

If he does show up at Gillette on a Saturday, I would guess that he has more than a passing interest.

I think if BB spent $10M or $12M to sign him, it would be money well spent. It would help the Patriots and keep him off the Dolphins, Jets or Bills.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the shit BB has been taking for noy upping the bid on DHop, Cook may be a better alternative. He can run, but he's also an excellent pass catcher in short flat and can scoot once he catches the ball.

I think BB can get him somewhere between 7& & $9M and maybe three years.

Well worth the gamble.
No chance. He already turned down Miami hometown money.
Jets are going to likly buy themselves a RB.......

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buying RB's has not been proven effective in modern NFL.
Could we beieve we have already set our future at RB with Pierre Strong?

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMG_2470.jpeg

A Rod free’d up all that money for a reason. Cook sounds like he likes the Jets a lot.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buying RB's has not been proven effective in modern NFL.
Could we beieve we have already set our future at RB with Pierre Strong?
i believe in strong and no way they spend the 15-18 mil cook wants:suds:

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fox Sports’ Craig Carton reports free agent RB Dalvin Cook is scheduled to meet with the Jets.
Cook and the Jets are reportedly $1 million off in contract negotiations, which should be a small hurdle to clear if both sides are legitimately interested in one another. Cook is the subject of more than free agency talks, as the veteran running back is also rumored to be facing a suspension after news of him offering a settlement to an accuser in a domestic violence case. While he’s hit a noticeable decline, Cook still managed to rush for 1,173 yards and eight touchdowns while playing a full 17 games. Cooks’ arrival in New York would be a headache for fantasy managers who spent all offseason drafting Breece Hall, although Hall should remain the lead back if healthy.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
funny but dont see any meetings with the pats:suds:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious what makes you say that?

I don't think they'll sign him either, but interested to hear opinions.

When has Bill really made a "splash" for a FA or really another player other than Randy Moss. The more the "media" is saying he is going to the Patriots means he won't (seen that happen a lot). Is Bill willing to fork over the money?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once ESPN said that Cook was headed to NE, the Jets couldn't let him get there without at least trying to put a bump imn the road. With Aaron Rogers giving them $35M and killing the $60.5M hit in 2023, the Jets are flush with cash and they won't hesitate a single second to make Cook tye highest paid RB in NFL history. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if he asks for $20M and the minute he says, "I'll take a ride up to Foxboro and see what Bill has to say", they'll give him 3 years/$60M with $45M guaranteed.

This is suck, fuck or swim time for Woody and the Jets.