• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dallas vs Chargers thread

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read a nice article this morning

Chargers DE Corey Liuget: Key is rattling Cowboys QB Tony Romo - ESPN Dallas

Getting into the head of Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo is apparently the key to the San Diego Chargers' game plan this week.

“We know that once he’s rattled and whatnot, it’s easy to take him out of the game,” Chargers defensive end Corey Liuget said, according to the San Diego Union-Tribune.

So a guy with 5 tackles this year, no sacks, no nothing while being on the worst pass defense in the league...is talking about rattling Romo? What is their plan, first snap of the game run over and bury him, even if it is a run play or they get there 5 seconds after the play is over? Don't see their pass rush as being too scary. :laugh3:

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad you're feeling so confident, but...

Chargers have actually outplayed every team they have faced this year. Rivers has had 1 bad quarter out of 12 (4th vs Houston) which cost us a game. Then lost in the last seconds to a guy who caught his first nfl pass ever and it was a 34yd td.

Defense is averaging 2 sacks and 1 turnover per game. That's not lighting the world on fire, sure, but between 3 straight pro bowl running backs (Arian Foster, L. McCoy, and Chris Johnson) nobody has even been able to top 90 yards on the ground.

This is gonna be a tougher game than you might think.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chargers have actually outplayed every team they have faced this year. Rivers has had 1 bad quarter out of 12 (4th vs Houston) which cost us a game. Then lost in the last seconds to a guy who caught his first nfl pass ever and it was a 34yd td.

Defense is averaging 2 sacks and 1 turnover per game. That's not lighting the world on fire, sure, but between 3 straight pro bowl running backs (Arian Foster, L. McCoy, and Chris Johnson) nobody has even been able to top 90 yards on the ground.

Nope, I figured it would be tough all along. Cowboys 24-20

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cowboys have the #5 scoring offense in the league.
Chargers 9th

Cowboys 9th scoring defense in the league

Chargers have the 23 scoring defense in the league.

I think we have every reason to have faith

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a pretty good strategy and Liuget's stats are irrelevant to whether or not the strategy for the whole team is good or not. When Romo gets happy feet bad things happen. He is incredibly tough after already being injured and still playing, but he has not been the guy to hang in there on a play when he knows he is going to get hit. he short arms the ball, makes poor decisions and starts dancing around. Now whether the Charges can accomplish that or not is another discussion, but it really should be every defenses plan most games, no?

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys have the #5 scoring offense in the league.
Chargers 9th

Cowboys 9th scoring defense in the league

Chargers have the 23 scoring defense in the league.

I think we have every reason to have faith

Not too worried about scoring defense as its kind of a squirrley stat, imo. But there is reason to believe that D. Murray will be shut down as better rbs than him already have been. This allows us to be more creative in blitzing, coverages, etc...

Chargers come home after 2 straight road games. Each game this season has been within 3 points.

Gonna say Chargers 27; Cowboys 24.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not too worried about scoring defense as its kind of a squirrley stat, imo. But there is reason to believe that D. Murray will be shut down as better rbs than him already have been. This allows us to be more creative in blitzing, coverages, etc...

Chargers come home after 2 straight road games. Each game this season has been within 3 points.

I think it's week 4 teams become what they really are.
Rivers reverts to how he has played the past two seasons (which isn't very good)

Cowboys win 34-17

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not even going to pretend I have watched all of SD's games, but looking at the STATS SD barely outplayed Philly and they WERE outplayed by Houston and KC.

As for that grat rush defense you are talking about maybe the reason teams aren't running all over you is you have the WORSE pass defense in the NFL. Teams usually take the route of least resistance. By the way the GREAT rush defense SD has is giving up 5.1 yards per carry and they sit at 28th in yards per game with 130 per. The ONLY defense lower than SD's is the Redskins.

For some reason my confidence this week just went UP.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like any game, either team can win. I'd never chalk up a road win for any team of the caliber of the Cowboys as a definite or even extremely likely win. That being said, I THINK we will win. I just don't think the Chargers are a very good team. Rivers, however, has played very well so far this year

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will be a closer game than I would like, but I see us winning.
As long as we limit our mistakes we should win.
As far as stuffing our running game. Um.... ok.
We have been scoring points with out a running game the last couple years. Sure the running game makes us stronger, but the Chargers should worry about our passing game more than our running game. Which seems they are with them wanting to rattle Romo. Not like if they stop our running game, the Cowboys are incapable of moving the ball. Go ahead & dedicate the guys needed to stop the running game. Dez would love that.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not taking the team lightly, I'm taking the spare who is talking trash lightly.

As for running defense, no need to run when the defense is giving up almost 400 yards a game through the air.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't care what the stats say on his one we need a win. Maybe Dez can get his game together this game....we need that fella especially if Miles will continue to deal with a bad hammy.

jonny_blaze

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main reason's I expect Dallas to win this game are the differences in the trenches. San Diego has no one near the level of Quinn or Houston or Hali or Long or Poe.... Dallas line play, at least in pass protection, has been solid this year and I would be surprised if they didn't win the battle Sunday. The Chargers are giving up over 5 yards a carry this year and something like 340 yards passing (I realize Vick inflated this).

On the other side the Cowboys defensive line has been a strength and the Chargers might be playing backups in a couple positions and their entire line seems to have one ailment or another. Rivers better hope that Dunlap passes his concussion test or Ware will be living the backfield

This is a team that, on paper, matches up well for Dallas. No elite pass rushers and an offense line that is banged up. Should be a W for Dallas, but this is exactly the type of game that Dallas have lost in the past or pulled off at the last second. Hope to see that they have changed

Dallas 27-20

jonny_blaze

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Granted I didn't watch the game and am just looking at the box score but how did the Chargers outplay the Titans when they outgained you 452 yards to 272? Was it all the penalties that Tennessee amassed (11-116)?

And while shutting down McCoy is nothing to sneeze at is it really that big a deal if you allow Vick to throw for over 400 yards?

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly speaking here, I have seen the Chargers play in both of their losses. The only game I didnt see them play was their win vs Philly. In all their games though , they have given up huge plays in the passing game. Johnson had a pretty good game vs them last week running the ball, but Locker also broke a couple of nice runs. I really thought they manhandled Houston opening night until the 4rth quarter. Their season this year has been much like our past few. Should haves and could haves. They could easily be 3-0 or 0-3. Bottom line , they have played well enough to win all 3 games.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Granted I didn't watch the game and am just looking at the box score but how did the Chargers outplay the Titans when they outgained you 452 yards to 272? Was it all the penalties that Tennessee amassed (11-116)?

And while shutting down McCoy is nothing to sneeze at is it really that big a deal if you allow Vick to throw for over 400 yards?

1) Vs. Houston, Chargers were up 21 points in the second half. We led the entire game. Rivers played the worst quarter of his lifetime to let them back in it at the very end, and we lost by a last second field goal.

2) In Philly, we were ahead most of the game (though it stayed close). We couldn't cover 1 person, as D. Jackson went for 200yds in the air. We won.

3) In Tennessee, we were up the entire game - until the end of the 4th quarter again. We were up the whole game even despite losing 5 starters for/during the game. Lost 5 guys and we still should have won.

** The Cowboys have a good team, and honestly being a Texas guy, they are easily my 2nd favorite team. I root for them vs everyone except San Diego. But they will be my most hated team on Sunday.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Vs. Houston, Chargers were up 21 points in the second half. We led the entire game. Rivers played the worst quarter of his lifetime to let them back in it at the very end, and we lost by a last second field goal.

2) In Philly, we were ahead most of the game (though it stayed close). We couldn't cover 1 person, as D. Jackson went for 200yds in the air. We won.

3) In Tennessee, we were up the entire game - until the end of the 4th quarter again. We were up the whole game even despite losing 5 starters for/during the game. Lost 5 guys and we still should have won.

** The Cowboys have a good team, and honestly being a Texas guy, they are easily my 2nd favorite team. I root for them vs everyone except San Diego. But they will be my most hated team on Sunday.[/QUOTE]

Kinda how things go with the Cowboys.

Best thing San Diego has going for them is Dallas is still trying to find out who they are....as is any fan of this team. The team is all about putting wins together, so they all are saying this week. That seems to be their focus. Now....all they have to do is put it together. I think if Dallas plays well then they win. I'm not sure the same is said about San Diego unless they play lights out.

Dallas 27
San Diego 16

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

** The Cowboys have a good team, and honestly being a Texas guy, they are easily my 2nd favorite team. I root for them vs everyone except San Diego. But they will be my most hated team on Sunday.[/QUOTE]

Kinda how things go with the Cowboys.

Best thing San Diego has going for them is Dallas is still trying to find out who they are....as is any fan of this team. The team is all about putting wins together, so they all are saying this week. That seems to be their focus. Now....all they have to do is put it together. I think if Dallas plays well then they win. I'm not sure the same is said about San Diego unless they play lights out.

Dallas 27
San Diego 16

And actually, I am a Texas/California guy. Lived a number of years out in southern cally and fell in love with the Chargers while there. Never quite developed the loyalty to the Cowboys like I did the Longhorns. Lakers were my favorite heros from the glory days with Magic and Kareem, which only got enhanced once I got to meet them personally and then lived there and went to many games. Hence, Longhorns/Chargers/Lakers.

Go Cowboys (after this week).:suds:

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Cowboys continue to play good defense and not give up stupid, big plays, and the offense doesn't make any mistakes in the red zone and takes care of the ball, they should win by 10 or more points.