• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dallas Mavs

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game just showed that without Tyson Chandler, the Mavs are a lottery team. He is their entire inside presence.

With that being said, I kind of get the impression that the Mavs are taking the Spurs' approach to the regular season this year, with the attitude of wins and losses not being quite as important as resting guys as needed, working on some stuff, and not really getting caught up in playoff seeding.

Phoenix sold at the deadline and the Pelicans won't be making up ground without the Unibrow. The West's top 8 is just about set, with only positioning up for grabs. And really, all 6 or so of the Mavs' potential first round opponents are relatively equal. Is it worth it to go all out just to draw the Clippers instead of the Blazers? Or the Rockets instead of the Grizzlies? There isn't a single weak team in the top 8. The Warriors are going to be rewarded for being the #1 seed with a first round date with a healthy Durant and Westbrook.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game just showed that without Tyson Chandler, the Mavs are a lottery team. He is their entire inside presence.

the Pelicans won't be making up ground without the Unibrow.

you might want to check again Will. The Pelicans have won 4 in a row and appear to have their sights set on that 8th spot. The Thunder have slowed down recently due to the injuries of Westbrook and Durant, but still are a dangerous team without them. I agree that seeding and home field advantage won't be a huge factor this year compared to the playoffs in the past. The west has more than 8 good teams. However, both the Mavs and the Spurs will have to fight to hold off OKC, New Orleans, and to a lesser extent Phoenix. The Mavs might need 50 games to avoid being the 8 seed, same for the Spurs. I doubt anyone wants to face Curry and company in the first round. I think OKC vs. GS would be a fun matchup to watch and I'm hoping I get to see it happen.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you might want to check again Will. The Pelicans have won 4 in a row and appear to have their sights set on that 8th spot. The Thunder have slowed down recently due to the injuries of Westbrook and Durant, but still are a dangerous team without them. I agree that seeding and home field advantage won't be a huge factor this year compared to the playoffs in the past. The west has more than 8 good teams. However, both the Mavs and the Spurs will have to fight to hold off OKC, New Orleans, and to a lesser extent Phoenix. The Mavs might need 50 games to avoid being the 8 seed, same for the Spurs. I doubt anyone wants to face Curry and company in the first round. I think OKC vs. GS would be a fun matchup to watch and I'm hoping I get to see it happen.

I don't need to check again. The Pelicans won 4 in a row against Eastern Conference teams, only one of which has a winning record. The only way they catch OKC is if both Durant and Westbrook miss a lot more time. And the Mavs and Spurs would each have to totally fall apart to miss the playoffs.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never been a huge fan of his, but he would fill the hole that Wright left. Javale McGee will get you easy buckets inside. Devin is great at the alley-oop. I think Amar'e, McGee, and Harris in the pick and roll could be nice off the bench. He will also block his share of shots inside. I really think it's vital that we pick up another center, and McGee's athleticism would be great.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never been a huge fan of his, but he would fill the hole that Wright left. Javale McGee will get you easy buckets inside. Devin is great at the alley-oop. I think Amar'e, McGee, and Harris in the pick and roll could be nice off the bench. He will also block his share of shots inside. I really think it's vital that we pick up another center, and McGee's athleticism would be great.

Really just depends on the cost, his comments I read earlier concerning his buyout with the 76ers made me think he's interested more in money than being on a contender at this point

But I agree McGee would be a solid fit

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really just depends on the cost, his comments I read earlier concerning his buyout with the 76ers made me think he's interested more in money than being on a contender at this point

But I agree McGee would be a solid fit

Good for him that basketball exists, because his mental capacity doesn't really lend very well to other skill sets. Same could be said about a large chunk of athletes though right?

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the aggressiveness our guards showed tonight. I hope that Rondo shows up more often.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a shooter and a back up center. Teams just sink into the paint against us. The alley-oops have completely been taken away. None of our back up centers have played tonight. I was hoping we would go 2-1 in the next 3, but that's pretty much out the window. Parsons won't be back tomorrow and our offense struggles without him.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a shooter and a back up center. Teams just sink into the paint against us. The alley-oops have completely been taken away. None of our back up centers have played tonight. I was hoping we would go 2-1 in the next 3, but that's pretty much out the window. Parsons won't be back tomorrow and our offense struggles without him.

I just realized I was all over the map here. Ha ha. I guess I should've read it before I posted it.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just realized I was all over the map here. Ha ha. I guess I should've read it before I posted it.

Well this team doesn't have much offense as of now, season low 75 points tonight, ugly. Doesn't defend or rebound and Rondo's just not a fit at the moment and may not be ever

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this team doesn't have much offense as of now, season low 75 points tonight, ugly. Doesn't defend or rebound and Rondo's just not a fit at the moment and may not be ever

They really only have 3 reliable scorers on the team- Monta, Dirk, and Parsons. Since Parsons is out, they just can't afford to have a poor shooting night from Monta like tonight. Dirk wasn't much better.

I do like the touch of scoring Amare has added though. Now if only he could play 5-6 minutes more and give them a couple more boards.

And I'm afraid you might be right about Rondo. I'm going to give the experiment through the playoffs to improve, but the results so far have been pretty ugly. I think even worse than how he fits is his horrendous shooting. I always knew he wasn't much of a shooter, but I had no idea he was this awful. 30% Free Throws?!?! He makes Shaq look like Ray Allen. As far as shooting is concerned, he isn't even NBA quality. And that is killing the Mavs because they do rely on the PG to contribute to the scoring. JKidd couldn't shoot that well, but at least he got pretty good at hitting 3's. Rondo is just terrible.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They really only have 3 reliable scorers on the team- Monta, Dirk, and Parsons. Since Parsons is out, they just can't afford to have a poor shooting night from Monta like tonight. Dirk wasn't much better.

I do like the touch of scoring Amare has added though. Now if only he could play 5-6 minutes more and give them a couple more boards.

And I'm afraid you might be right about Rondo. I'm going to give the experiment through the playoffs to improve, but the results so far have been pretty ugly. I think even worse than how he fits is his horrendous shooting. I always knew he wasn't much of a shooter, but I had no idea he was this awful. 30% Free Throws?!?! He makes Shaq look like Ray Allen. As far as shooting is concerned, he isn't even NBA quality. And that is killing the Mavs because they do rely on the PG to contribute to the scoring. JKidd couldn't shoot that well, but at least he got pretty good at hitting 3's. Rondo is just terrible.

Since he's been a MAv, he's actually hit 38.9% of his 3's yet only 28% of his free throws.... how is that even possible, and he actually takes more 3's than he shoots free throws, 1.3 a game compared to .9 a game

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rondos true shooting pct is 34th of 35 eligible point guards in the west. Dude cannot shoot for shit this season.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rondos true shooting pct is 34th of 35 eligible point guards in the west. Dude cannot shoot for shit this season.

Cant make FT's, how is he a guard in the NBA?

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mavs are on their way to another 20+ point beatdown loss at the hands on a West playoff team. The Mavs just aren't very good. Dirk is really showing his age and Monta has been flat-out terrible lately.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mavs are on their way to another 20+ point beatdown loss at the hands on a West playoff team. The Mavs just aren't very good. Dirk is really showing his age and Monta has been flat-out terrible lately.

No real offense, poor shooting almost every night. No defense, poor rebounding team. Wont win a playoff series if they don't get better in a hurry. It seems like all the teams that would make the playoffs are better than the Mavs at this point. Getting fucking blasted out of the gym tonight and they show no fight whatsoever

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dirk and Monta 17 for 63 in the last 2 games. Freaking awful

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No real offense, poor shooting almost every night. No defense, poor rebounding team. Wont win a playoff series if they don't get better in a hurry. It seems like all the teams that would make the playoffs are better than the Mavs at this point. Getting fucking blasted out of the gym tonight and they show no fight whatsoever

Monta Ellis was 2/14 from the floor and scored 6 points. That is beyond pathetic. Dirk wasn't much better at 5/16 from the floor. Those are supposedly their 2 best shooters. They couldn't beat the 76ers shooting that poorly. Amare is outplaying just about everyone on the team right now in his limited minutes. Barea is worthless. And they've got 3-4 completely unusable guys on the end of their bench.

Their supposed elite scorer isn't even bench material as of now, their franchise player is aging/declining seemingly by the game, their big acquisition at PG has been a poor fit and can't hit a shot to save his life, their other role player/scorer is hurt, they've got 2 mediocre backup PG's on the bench, 2 injury-prone centers, and a bunch of other barely decent spare parts.

I hope I am so wrong here, but I just don't see how enough of that gets fixed by the start of the playoffs. They'd be easily swept if the playoffs started today.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
defense in the paint is non existent

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not even so much that they're losing, it's that they're getting blown out by every good team they're playing. They aren't even being competitive. It's sad when you aren't surprised to see them down by double digits. They don't even stand a chance against anyone good right now.