• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dallas Mavs

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mavericks are serious suitors for Rondo, Wojnarowski reports. The Rockets have also discussed a potential deal for the point guard with Boston as well, Wojnarowski adds.

When woj reports you know it's true

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be sick if Dallas got rondo. What does everyone think of rondo? I think he's a great 3rd best player on your team

He's gotta be the best PG available. I doubt any other top tier PGs are going to be traded this year. I know the Nets were talking about trading Deron Williams, but he has fallen off big time and makes way too much money for any logical trade to work.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a steep price to pay for a guy they won't re-sign, but that gives them a championship level PG who plays perimeter defense. Jameer Nelson won't cut it as a starter and Harris is better coming off the bench. It would make Dallas a legitimate threat.

Yup

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Rondo is looking for a max deal or near it then he's delusional if he thinks he's going to get one. Granted it just takes one team and one stupid team at that but he is not worth anything close to max. Plus Monta will be opting out after this season and I don't see him going anywhere.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's gotta be the best PG available. I doubt any other top tier PGs are going to be traded this year. I know the Nets were talking about trading Deron Williams, but he has fallen off big time and makes way too much money for any logical trade to work.

I heard the Mavs would be very interested in Dragic if the Suns make him available. Goran has told Chris Arnold in the past that he wants to be a Mav. He's also a FA at the end of they year.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard the Mavs would be very interested in Dragic if the Suns make him available. Goran has told Chris Arnold in the past that he wants to be a Mav. He's also a FA at the end of they year.

Probably better go after him in FA and get Rondo now. I was gonna mention Dragic as well, but wasn't sure if the Suns would make him available.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read that's the reason the Mavs are trying to get Rondo early in the process. They want to give him plenty of time to settle in here to try to talk him into staying.

hearing that the deal won't go down unless Rondo agrees to a contract extension but they can't discuss it until the deal particulars are worked out

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that Rondo has already said he would be "very open" to agreeing to an extension with either Dallas or Houston and not hitting the open market next summer. But I'm guessing how "very open" he is to signing that extension depends upon just how crazy the money he's offered is.

As long as some kind of plan is in place for a backup 4/5 to be brought in to replace Wright's minutes, I say they absolutely have to make this deal. Rondo would take them from top-8 overall team status to top 2 or 3. They would be legitimate title favorites.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that Rondo has already said he would be "very open" to agreeing to an extension with either Dallas or Houston and not hitting the open market next summer. But I'm guessing how "very open" he is to signing that extension depends upon just how crazy the money he's offered is.

As long as some kind of plan is in place for a backup 4/5 to be brought in to replace Wright's minutes, I say they absolutely have to make this deal. Rondo would take them from top-8 overall team status to top 2 or 3. They would be legitimate title favorites.

I say it puts them in the top 5 with spurs, okc, golden state, Dallas and Memphis. In no order

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but who would play back-up C/PF if we trade Wright? Would Brandon Bass be coming back in the trade?

There will be filler guys available as the season goes on. I like Brandan Wright a lot but to gain something you have to give up something and take some risk but I don't really see this trade as a risk since you'd be bringing a guy like Rajon Rondo here.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The deal is crowder, nelson, wright first round pick and future 2nd pound pick. For rondo

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
deal is all but done, Rondo for jameer, crowder and 1st and 2nd round picks. Picks aren't very high i don't think

Hambombs you got me by a second or 2

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas also receives 2014 2nd rd pick Dwight Powell out of Stanford. 6'11 big but I guess he'll be in Frisco.