• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dallas Cowboy Signings

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys sign HaHa Clinton-Dix to a 1 year $4 million deal. Nice

Cowboys agreed to terms with S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, formerly of the Bears.
The move comes two days after Jeff Heath departed for Las Vegas. Clinton-Dix had another low-key good season in 2019 and should immediately slide in as a starter for Mike Nolan's defense. Headed into what will be his age-28 campaign, Clinton-Dix has never missed a game with injury in his six-year career.

I absolutely love this at this price. We can still draft a safety if one falls but at least our floor of Woods and Dix is not horrible and the ceiling of the two could be really good. Woods can still grow and benefit from Dix across from him instead of Heath and Dix with health is a good player IMO. I suspect we move Woods to SS and keep Dix at FS? We know Woods loves to hit and has pretty good tackling ability (needs to work on his angles and make quicker decisions) and we know Dix does not

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely love this at this price. We can still draft a safety if one falls but at least our floor of Woods and Dix is not horrible and the ceiling of the two could be really good. Woods can still grow and benefit from Dix across from him instead of Heath and Dix with health is a good player IMO. I suspect we move Woods to SS and keep Dix at FS? We know Woods loves to hit and has pretty good tackling ability (needs to work on his angles and make quicker decisions) and we know Dix does not
actually Simmons falls to around ten or so in the draft we trade up & draft him to play safety.

*Schmoop stretches & wakes up*

Ahh I had a great dream.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's interesting, the Cowboys haven't gone after a safety early the last couple of years with Heath starting, so while I think a kid like McKinney would be worth a look at 17, I kind of expect them to go CB or DL, though I wouldn't be shocked if one of the blue chip OT's or WR's fell to see them go that route. In the last 10 years, the only times they bricked their first pick was when they forced a pick for need like Taco or the trade up for Claiborne. Think they will just go top of their board

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not thrilled with this signing.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The move comes two days after Jeff Heath departed for Las Vegas. Clinton-Dix had another low-key good season in 2019 and should immediately slide in as a starter for Mike Nolan's defense. Headed into what will be his age-28 campaign, Clinton-Dix has never missed a game with injury in his six-year career.
Meah....

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of our starting safeties before this deal was Darian Thompson. I like this a lot better
Dix is not a willing tackler which is probably why he is with his 4th team in the past two years.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dix is not a willing tackler which is probably why he is with his 4th team in the past two years.
That's why he got a one year deal for $4M instead of 5 years for $50Mish. If he were more sought after we wouldn't have been able to sign him.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why he got a one year deal for $4M instead of 5 years for $50Mish. If he were more sought after we wouldn't have been able to sign him.
This is true, but I haven't been impressed with his play and his play is why your statement is true.

To me it's a Whatever signing. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys could do better in the draft.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true, but I haven't been impressed with his play and his play is why your statement is true.

To me it's a Whatever signing. Hopefully he proves me wrong.
Yes, I agree there are warts and am no way saying I am for sure right on this. I wanted to draft him and I wanted him each time he became available. For me I have wanted a center fielder for a decade and that is how I see him. I think his positive impact offsets his negative impact and I think cover safeties are even more important with our poor CBs

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys could do better in the draft.
draft is a crap shoot. I hope they can. This deal is in no way going to prevent them from drafting a safety if he is the best player when they are on the clock IMO

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think SS is good spot for Woods. He does deliver nasty hits for his size.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I agree there are warts and am no way saying I am for sure right on this. I wanted to draft him and I wanted him each time he became available. For me I have wanted a center fielder for a decade and that is how I see him. I think his positive impact offsets his negative impact and I think cover safeties are even more important with our poor CBs
Jeff Heat was a wart in a previous life

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There we go. Like it.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys re-signed CB C.J. Goodwin to a one-year, $1 million contract.
Goodwin has played 19 games with the Cowboys over the past two seasons, but almost exclusively as a reserve defender and special teams contributor. The 30-year-old CB has played with the Steelers, Falcons, Cardinals and Cowboys since entering the league in 2014.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the GB fan isn't happy with an ex GB being signed, you know it's bad.