• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dallas Cowboy Signings

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is my tie bar...
shopping

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am confused.

Who did we sign?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what's next? we still have a hole on the other side of the DL from Tank and a good backup OT

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Owner/GM. Weakest link on the team

With respect you have to separate the 2. I have bagged on Jerry with the best of them. But he is The best owner in sports on the marketing and financial side of the game. Nobody is better at making money than Jerry Jones. Jimmy and Jerry still can’t get along but jJimmy saint in a interview a few years back if your down to the last $100 and Jerry asks to borrow it you better give it to him because he will bring you back $5000

On the GM side for everything we all bitch at a Jerry about he has made some pretty good decisions bringing In Jimmy Getting Parcells to coach the team keeping Will McClay etc winning 3 Super Bowls. Now he has stunk up the place 2 with bad players and contracts and poor coaching decision hires and held on to some coaches past the time they should have been let go out of loyalty. Overall I give him a a C- as a GM with flashes of brilliance and flashes of WTH are you doing.

JMHO

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what's next? we still have a hole on the other side of the DL from Tank and a good backup OT
Maybe not. Between Alton Smith, Randy Gregory and Brandlee Anae...questions about all three but a heck of a talented bunch. If the Cowboys go 1-3 on that trio making the full season we should be ok. If they go 2-3 we are in real good shape. If all 3 play 16 games, then we might be playing in late Jan.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe not. Between Alton Smith, Randy Gregory and Brandlee Anae...questions about all three but a heck of a talented bunch. If the Cowboys go 1-3 on that trio making the full season we should be ok. If they go 2-3 we are in real good shape. If all 3 play 16 games, then we might be playing in late Jan.
until the commish reinstates Smith and Gregory all we've got is Crawford and Anae and we shouldn't depend on them both being reinstated. having too many options is better than not having enough

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've changed my mind...Look for two corners to move to safety before it's all said and done.

also....I remain extremely happy with how this roster has been constructed. The draft couldn't have gone much better when you consider the Cowboys got their 6th rated player at 17, their 18th rated player in round two, considered their 3rd round pick in the second. Their first 4th rounder is Will's favorite and seems their last 4th rounder is the new head coaches favorite selection. Their 6th round pick is considered by some as the steal of the draft and one draft guy had the 7th round QB rated the 5th best QB in this draft. Holy shit !!!

best of all, their new head coach has skins on the wall, chip on his shoulder with a strong desire to be successful.
Almost as good, 4 former NFL head coaches on the staff with a totally different philosophy than the last staff.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've changed my mind...Look for two corners to move to safety before it's all said and done.

also....I remain extremely happy with how this roster has been constructed. The draft couldn't have gone much better when you consider the Cowboys got their 6th rated player at 17, their 18th rated player in round two, considered their 3rd round pick in the second. Their first 4th rounder is Will's favorite and seems their last 4th rounder is the new head coaches favorite selection. Their 6th round pick is considered by some as the steal of the draft and one draft guy had the 7th round QB rated the 5th best QB in this draft. Holy shit !!!

best of all, their new head coach has skins on the wall, chip on his shoulder with a strong desire to be successful.
Almost as good, 4 former NFL head coaches on the staff with a totally different philosophy than the last staff.
Yea, the biggest positive for me is, a new coaching staff with a Superbowl winning coach. Unlike having a so- called OC as head coach, Mr. 8-8. And not having a stubborn defesive coach who was coaching like it was 1990.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, the biggest positive for me is, a new coaching staff with a Superbowl winning coach. Unlike having a so- called OC as head coach, Mr. 8-8. And not having a stubborn defesive coach who was coaching like it was 1990.
Yup. Love the offseason additions, both FA and draft, but we lost three of our best players too so not like our talent is really that much better overall. I'm counting on the coaching change as our biggest improvement and I think it is going to really show up once the season begins and make all of these players look better

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Al Harris is one of my favorite adds. I hated him as a player. He always wore the visor for the Eagles and manned up anyone we had. I think he ended Galloway’s season the first game of the year one season.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From reading about how this team drafts I suspect it was also because of whom they felt was more likely to still be there in a round and position scarcity. They talk about those 2 things constantly when answering questions about the draft. Either way it worked out. Like I said all along Diggs wasn't a guy I was as high on as most but as a 2nd rounder I can't see being anything but happy about him.
We got both so it doesn't matter. I'm fairly certain had we waited on Diggs we wouldn't have them both and I I question the sources saying Dallas had Gallimore higher on their board, because if they did they probably had been more worried about not getting him.
Now I could see Dallas looking at Gallimore in the 2nd for fear he might not be there in the 3rd. It looks like the team stuck to BPA at least through rd 4.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Schefter is reporting that the Cowboys have signed Andy Dalton to a one year contract. For 7 million, 3 million guaranteed.