• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dallas Cowboy Signings

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Aaron Rodgers & you know that too.
tenor.gif

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We signed Oakland starting CB Daryl Worley. No clue what kind of player he is other than he started 15 games last season

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We signed Oakland starting CB Daryl Worley. No clue what kind of player he is other than he started 15 games last season

Don’t know much about him. One thing that looks like a theme though is standing out - SIZE - 6’1 215. Not sure who is going to make the team. I do know they are bringing in guys though. I think Lewis and Awuzie have been put on notice though. I love our roster.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t know much about him. One thing that looks like a theme though is standing out - SIZE - 6’1 215. Not sure who is going to make the team. I do know they are bringing in guys though. I think Lewis and Awuzie have been put on notice though. I love our roster.
He is big. It looks like a starter for four years in the league. The little write upon saw on a Raiders site said he was ok, a #2 corner on a bad team, #3 on a good team. He will make the team and one of our corners will move to safety, probably Awuzie

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Among 83 corner qualifiers, Worley ranked 46th in PFF's 2019 grades and allowed 9.0 yards per target.

Not exactly the signing I wanted. We don't need another marginal player because we have a bunch of those already. We need one good player to top off the depth chart and let everyone else fill in from there. But, I am happy with the signing and between all of these guys (including the 2 rookies) we should be able to find 3 or 4 guys to play. It isn't ideal but we are in much better shape than a month ago with 3 new names added to the list.

Based on McCarthy's quote I don't think the plan is to move a CB to safety. I think the plan is to do so if injury happens or something changes. I could see us moving a CB that doesn't win a starting job and definitely having one of them learn the position and be able to be the game day backup for both spots but I think HHCD and Woods are the starters and you don't move a guy that may start or play nickel or dime CB to be a backup safety. Who knows what will happen, but I like bringing in a bunch of guys and letting them fight for jobs

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From reading about how this team drafts I suspect it was also because of whom they felt was more likely to still be there in a round and position scarcity. They talk about those 2 things constantly when answering questions about the draft. Either way it worked out. Like I said all along Diggs wasn't a guy I was as high on as most but as a 2nd rounder I can't see being anything but happy about him.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. Ranked 46th is actually a solid #2 corner. Looks like he may be a safety here or maybe a 4th corner. Solid depth move IMO.
Really, after adding their draft, if Aldon Smith and Randy Gregory are reinstated before the season starts.. Where are the holes on this team. Backup QB? Swing Tackle? This roster is really loaded

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. Ranked 46th is actually a solid #2 corner. Looks like he may be a safety here or maybe a 4th corner. Solid depth move IMO.
Really, after adding their draft, if Aldon Smith and Randy Gregory are reinstated before the season starts.. Where are the holes on this team. Backup QB? Swing Tackle? This roster is really loaded
I'm not basing my comment on that ranking as I don't agree with those PFF rankings usually. It's just something I found online to give some perspective of how he played last year according to one ranking. Yes, very good depth move. Personally, I wanted to sign a guy that is instantly on top of the depth chart at CB and he is not it. I like the signing but we don't know if the rookies will play year 1 or at least play well, and the guys from last year were all way below average. That doesn't mean of course that the rookies won't play this year or that the guys from last year won't play better in the new system or just with a fresh start. But, it's 50/50 on whether or not CB is still a weakness IMO.

Weaknesses - agree on Swing Tackle (maybe we move someone?) and Backup QB. Starting Center remains to be seen. Starting LG remains to be seen as well. If it's Williams again he needs to be better, but should be. DE we still need a consistent pass rush opposite Tank or we will struggle again on defense. Those guys weren't reinstated and even if they are we don't know what we will get from them. Hopefully at least one of them will be good. I'd look at bringing back Bennett or Mathews to rotate in on passing downs. Crawford should be OK on run downs. Safety and CB are still question marks. Punter - just needs to go. TE - I think we rotate Jarwin on passing downs and the FA on run downs but I'd like to upgrade Schultz or see him improve as a guy that can do both. STs - maybe it was coaching but our STs were absolutely horrible across the board last year and need to be much better. Oh and there is the small problem of not having a QB right now which hopefully will be solved soon. I don't see this team as being loaded but the arrow is pointing up.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Owner/GM. Weakest link on the team

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Owner/GM. Weakest link on the team
5 years ago we were in cap Hell. No more. For the last 10 years we have drafted more Pro Bowlers than anyone but KC. We have one of the most talented young rosters in the league. We just had the best draft in the NFL. The team he bought for 100 million is honestly worth $8-10 Billion. Jerry had a great first five years and a horrible next 20, but right now...the best front office on the League IMO.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 years ago we were in cap Hell. No more. For the last 10 years we have drafted more Pro Bowlers than anyone but KC. We have one of the most talented young rosters in the league. We just had the best draft in the NFL. The team he bought for 100 million is honestly worth $8-10 Billion. Jerry had a great first five years and a horrible next 20, but right now...the best front office on the League IMO.

Yes we have had a great run but he pulled the trigger way to slow on garrett and as much as I like zeke, JJ should have never caved.