• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dallas Cowboy Signings

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but a very low risk signing. I'm not for the signing, but it's so team friendly I'm OK with them testing the water.
I don't know of any former NFL player coming back from a 4 year hiatus.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but a very low risk signing. I'm not for the signing, but it's so team friendly I'm OK with them testing the water.
i think this is an example of where some fans get way too carried away and think they just signed Aldon Smith the all pro, not Aldon Smith the over 30 guy with mental and addiction and legal problems who hasn't really had a good season in 7 years. But, if you keep things in perspective and look at the dollars I am very happy with this signing personally. If we cut him he won't even cost us enough to count against the cap and it appears he has at least temporarily overcome his issues. I'm not saying I am right because who the heck knows but I absolutely think it is worth the risk and I hope he can play a rotational role in pass rushing situations. With the age, the rust and all of the extra weight (I don't buy that he added all muscle after what he has been through the last 5 years and hope he loses about 10+ lbs as he gets into Football shape) I don't suspect he gets to the QB at a rate some are hoping, but If this guy contributes on 10 -15 snaps a game and doesn't relapse it is a good signing. If he gives us more than that, at his price, it is a great signing. :hope:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think this is an example of where some fans get way too carried away and think they just signed Aldon Smith the all pro, not Aldon Smith the over 30 guy with mental and addiction and legal problems who hasn't really had a good season in 7 years. But, if you keep things in perspective and look at the dollars I am very happy with this signing personally. If we cut him he won't even cost us enough to count against the cap and it appears he has at least temporarily overcome his issues. I'm not saying I am right because who the heck knows but I absolutely think it is worth the risk and I hope he can play a rotational role in pass rushing situations. With the age, the rust and all of the extra weight (I don't buy that he added all muscle after what he has been through the last 5 years and hope he loses about 10+ lbs as he gets into Football shape) I don't suspect he gets to the QB at a rate some are hoping, but If this guy contributes on 10 -15 snaps a game and doesn't relapse it is a good signing. If he gives us more than that, at his price, it is a great signing. :hope:
Yep, it's pretty much a win/win for Dallas. If he works out GREAT, if he doesn't Oh well.

Dak_&_Zeke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Aldon Smith for what he is, a rotational body for the pass rush who will play a limited amount of snaps a game. I’ll be shocked if he’s a starter come opening Sunday let alone get more than 5 sacks.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, it's pretty much a win/win for Dallas. If he works out GREAT, if he doesn't Oh well.
Exactly my thinking and my gut says he contributes this year

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone left we should take a flyer on?

Markus Golden seems to be an under the radar guy if we're not confident in our edge rushers. Snacks? A 1 year gamble on a guy like Suggs?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, if he's willing to take a diminished role I'd sign Jason Peters. Between him and Tyron Smith you hopefully get a full season.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, if he's willing to take a diminished role I'd sign Jason Peters. Between him and Tyron Smith you hopefully get a full season.
I doubt Peters would do it, but it would really be a great situation for him and for Dallas
Don't see Snacks, with McCoy, Poe, Gallimore and Hill, I think they are good. The one guy I think is still out there that would be an impact guy for us is Logan Ryan