• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dak Turned Down 30M AAV, Wants 40M AAV

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t Wentz just get $32 million a year? Perhaps Dak saw that and thinks he should paid higher because he actually plays in games.

Still hurtin over that 51 point ass whoopin? Let it go

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue with the tag is that it isn't guaranteed money, though. You don't get the guarantee until the offseason before when you actually get tagged and then sign it. Until then, any injury or horrific year can cost you dearly. To say he has a guaranteed 66M is incorrect, because if he has a career ending injury this year he is screwed and never sees the tag. In that case getting a long term deal with more guaranteed but maybe less over the next two years is a better option. I've never understood the Florio's of the world that say "two years of tag are $X so anything less is leaving money on the table". I'd rather have a 4 year deal with $100M at signing and maybe a bit more guaranteed for injury than a 1 year $25M and then second at $40M once I survive the first season.

Exactly that’s why if I’m Daks agent he doesn’t step on the field this year without a new deal.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has never and more than likely will never happen. The Eagles have managed the cap the same way for as long as I can remember and are never in cap hell.

I tried explaining that to him a bunch of times but I think he’d rather believe doom is headed our way. If we draft we will be fine if not, we will struggle... but we will never struggle cause of cap issues. Howie has the system beat. He is innovative and sets the trends on how caps should be handled. I like Jarntt but let him believe it. We both know he’s wrong.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch:
You know Dak and Zeke are two different people, right?
Yeah...but they're almost-identical twins...right?

I know Elliot is the 1 holding out but I don't see Prescott playing 16 games for $2M. I suspect his deal is close to being finalised. He may end up playing for $2M in 2019 with a huge signing bonus in 2020, (which would give the Cowboys even more cap flexibility). If the money is fully guaranteed it may not matter to Prescott if he doesn't get a big chunk of it until March 2020.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly that’s why if I’m Daks agent he doesn’t step on the field this year without a new deal.

Well he already reported so leaving would put him in a situation where he never gets to FA.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak is a league average QB at best. Wonder how confident they are in Cooper Rush?

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With today's salary's, QB's don't need to win the SB. Time was you used to have to earn the big dollar contracts by winning the hardware. Now they're just doling it out. If there's nothing to earn by winning the SB, nobody will give a shit about it, but they won't say that in public.

They gots to get their money!!! That's the SB!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...but they're almost-identical twins...right?

I know Elliot is the 1 holding out but I don't see Prescott playing 16 games for $2M. I suspect his deal is close to being finalised. He may end up playing for $2M in 2019 with a huge signing bonus in 2020, (which would give the Cowboys even more cap flexibility). If the money is fully guaranteed it may not matter to Prescott if he doesn't get a big chunk of it until March 2020.
I can't predict the future but there is virtually no chance Dak that holds out this year. That's like me saying I think Goff will hold out.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Explain why. Maybe I’m not awake enough yet
I believe if you show up and leave you can get a different designation, like reserve/left squad. That means you accrue no service time, don't count against the 53 roster, don't count against the cap, and don't get paid. So it's like you don't exist to the team, but you can't play for anyone else either. I can't remember all the details, but there is a bigger issue if you show and leave than if you never show.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think at some point the salaries for QB's will level out. To be honest it is getting ridiculous with the increased salaries. You can probably thank the Niners for that stupidity. Giving Jimmy G that kind of contract without him proving himself really fucked up the QB market.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think at some point the salaries for QB's will level out. To be honest it is getting ridiculous with the increased salaries. You can probably thank the Niners for that stupidity. Giving Jimmy G that kind of contract without him proving himself really fucked up the QB market.
I'd have to agree with that. Seems like that bit of reckless,foolish spending on pure projection of Jimmy G. potential, based off a handful of games ignited the market for QBs. Every QB and their agent can use that contract to justify their own silly salary demands.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have to agree with that. Seems like that bit of reckless,foolish spending on pure projection of Jimmy G. potential, based off a handful of games ignited the market for QBs. Every QB and their agent can use that contract to justify their own silly salary demands.

That contract pretty much took the league back to square one. The QB contracts are getting out of hand just like rookie contracts way back when. The owners did not help by caving either. If I am not mistaken it was Bradfords original contract that put an urgency on a rookie pay scale. He got a $76 million deal with $50 mil in guarantees in 2010. Jimmy G's contract is just like the rookie deals of old.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks Chris Berman. The media outlets have been saying that for months

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what is Dallas gonna do ? I would say let him play out his final year, #@$ it, then take it from there...

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what is Dallas gonna do ? I would say let him play out his final year, #@$ it, then take it from there...
I don't think Dallas budges from the contracts they've offered (which was top 5 for all 3)
Stephen said he's fine with letting Dak play this year and franchising him next year at about 32M.
Elliott has no leverage and I don't think he misses a game check. If he wants to get a new contract 2 years earlier then he's gotta do a team friendly deal. Cooper seems fine with playing this year out...He loves Dallas and I don't see him leaving if Dallas is in the neighborhood.

maybe they take that money and sign the KC safety looking for a job to a ONE year deal....:eek:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Dallas budges from the contracts they've offered (which was top 5 for all 3)
Stephen said he's fine with letting Dak play this year and franchising him next year at about 32M.
Elliott has no leverage and I don't think he misses a game check. If he wants to get a new contract 2 years earlier then he's gotta do a team friendly deal. Cooper seems fine with playing this year out...He loves Dallas and I don't see him leaving if Dallas is in the neighborhood.

maybe they take that money and sign the KC safety looking for a job to a ONE year deal....:eek:

What would you consider a team friendly contract?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would you consider a team friendly contract?
pretty much what they offered (Le'Veon Bell type deal) with a little more guaranteed $$. Which is very fair being two years ahead of schedule. If Elliott balks at that then Dallas owns his ass anyways for 3 to 4 years.

Thing is...I don't think Elliott can afford to miss game checks. He's made nothing to speak of with endorsements and he sure doesn't look to be the saver type.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty much what they offered (Le'Veon Bell type deal) with a little more guaranteed $$. Which is very fair being two years ahead of schedule. If Elliott balks at that then Dallas owns his ass anyways for 3 to 4 years.

Thing is...I don't think Elliott can afford to miss game checks. He's made nothing to speak of with endorsements and he sure doesn't look to be the saver type.
upload_2019-8-16_19-17-47.png

Wow IDK if I'd call that team friendly exactly. That would make him the second highest paid RB in the league and cutting inline to get his at the cost of losing a player or two that needs to get signed.

I agree with the bold and think the Cowboys should simply call his bluff with no new contract this season, but would consider discussing it next season provided he doesn't hold out this year.