• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dak thinks him, Zekeand Amari could be the highest paid

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EXACTLY. You just can't look at salaries of already signed players and think the will/should dictate what the "next" guy to sign will get. I don't know why this seems to escape people. Is Dak a top 5 QB in the NFL right now? Hell no. But that really doesn't matter as much as the timing of his signing. Trent Brown makes $4M per year more than any other RT and is the highest paid OL in the NFL at $16.5M per year. That is just insane; is he even in the top 10 of best OL???
I agree completely @jarntt. And that was really what I read in Daks statement in that article. Brown is a good example. As I mentioned, Mosley's deal was ridiculous. Sammy Watkins another one. The Cousins signing was unbelievable at the time and still is. Lots of other ones out there. It doesn't relate to where a guy stands in the rankings of his position. Hell, I don't think Wilson is the best in the game at all but I totally understand the 35 m per. It's just the current market. Plain and simple.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do they expect to find linemen willing to work for $15 an hour?

Teams that spend all their salary caps on a few players can't compete and can't even pick up a good free agent.

Me, me, me does not win championships.