• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dak thinks him, Zekeand Amari could be the highest paid

Ty41Office

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wrong

right, cause he's only won 67% of his games as a Pro and leads the League in game winning drives the last three years (he's only been in league 3 years).

at the current pace through his first three seasons, Dak Prescott is poised to pass Aaron Rodgers in career game winning drives at some point during next season(his fourth). Rodgers has been in the league since 2005.

Let's make a list of starting QBs that we would clearly take Dak ahead of

Rosen
Darnold
Allen
Mariotta
Cousins
Haskins
Trubisky
Winston

Maybes-
Jackson
Flacco
Eli
Murray

That is fringe top 20, IMO

Ty41Office

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak is a 3,600 yard, 22TD season kind of player.

He is not asked to do much other than hand off to Zeke and not throw picks.

Serviceable game manager.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just keep winning the division and put your team in a place to win some playoff games and I'm onboard.:thumb:

Oh, and minimum 4,100 combined passing/rushing yards and 30 total TDs this year. But my guess is closer to 4,300 and 32.

Ty41Office

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just keep winning the division and put your team in a place to win some playoff games and I'm onboard.:thumb:

Oh, and minimum 4,100 combined passing/rushing yards and 30 total TDs this year. But my guess is closer to 4,300 and 32.

If he does and wins a playoff game along the way, I'd definitely put him into the top 15

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's make a list of starting QBs that we would clearly take Dak ahead of

Rosen
Darnold
Allen
Mariotta
Cousins
Haskins
Trubisky
Winston

Maybes-
Jackson
Flacco
Eli

Murray

That is fringe top 20, IMO
You have got to be kidding me. Regardless of my opinions on Dak, you've gotta be smoking something really special to even consider taking any of these 3 over him.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he does and wins a playoff game along the way, I'd definitely put him into the top 15
He did win a playoff game last year already. I think what he needs to do (like all QBs) is get to at least an NFC Championship game.

Ty41Office

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have got to be kidding me. Regardless of my opinions on Dak, you've gotta be smoking something really special to even consider taking any of these 3 over him.

why?

Jackson is a bit of an unknown, but you can't deny what he did with the Ravens last year.

Dalton and Eli might be past their primes, but in their primes, they for sure accomplished a lot more than Dak ever has.

Ty41Office

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did win a playoff game last year already. I think what he needs to do (like all QBs) is get to at least an NFC Championship game.

Yeah, the Cowboys won, but Dak was mediocre at best. Winning another one, IMO, eliminates the fluke factor.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why?

Jackson is a bit of an unknown, but you can't deny what he did with the Ravens last year.

Dalton and Eli might be past their primes, but in their primes, they for sure accomplished a lot more than Dak ever has.
I can absolutely deny what he did with the Ravens last year. The gimmicky shit never lasts in the NFL. He's a horrible passer. Not bad, horrible. Unless he takes a massive jump over the next 2 years, they're drafting another QB early.

Flacco has statistically been one of the worst QBs in the NFL since his SB run. Like bottom 3 in almost every category. Eli is a withered old noodle arm.

Ty41Office

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can absolutely deny what he did with the Ravens last year. The gimmicky shit never lasts in the NFL. He's a horrible passer. Not bad, horrible. Unless he takes a massive jump over the next 2 years, they're drafting another QB early.

Flacco has statistically been one of the worst QBs in the NFL since his SB run. Like bottom 3 in almost every category. Eli is a withered old noodle arm.

Not a lot of truth there, sorry.

38 year old "withered old noodle arm" Eli Manning still has better passing stats than Prescott does.

And I'm also taking into account purely a "if we have one season to win as much as possible, who do you want at QB"

There are things that Flacco can do that Dak can't. There's nothing Dak can do that Flacco can't.

But I put him as a "maybe" so I see both sides of that coin.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that whole post was pretty far fetched. Mariotta, Rosen (so far), Allen, and you know how I feel about Winston. I would take Dak over any of them at this current time.

As for that article, what I read was a guy talking about the current state of the NFL and how they could all get top money but it wouldn't be for long and it isn't going to hamstring teams the way people think because the cap is going up so much. Fwiw, he will get up there in the high 20, maybe 30 range which is "up there" like he said. Don't read more into this then there is. Just look at what the Jets paid for Mosley at ILB if you want to see how crazy it will get.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mr. Mediocre, Stone Hands & The Perv

The dynamic trio!

Do the right Thing Jerry and overpay

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak is better then you guys are giving
him credit for. He has moxie and what makes him better then a “bus driver” is he can do damage running the ball. He also steps up in pressure situations. He just isn’t an elite thrower. I’ve seen people criticize Dallas for being a run first team in a passing league. Truth is I’d root for their style if it wasn’t the Cowboys. Time will tell if they were right or not and as @jarntt said he has been much better since they picked up a true #1
WR. Big season for Dallas coming up.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

38 year old "withered old noodle arm" Eli Manning still has better passing stats than Prescott does.

And I'm also taking into account purely a "if we have one season to win as much as possible, who do you want at QB"

There are things that Flacco can do that Dak can't. There's nothing Dak can do that Flacco can't.

1) Eli has better stats than Dak?

2) I love watching when Flacco do this

Tidergirl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dream Team III???

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dak had 28 total TDs last year.
you know who had 27 last year.
Aaron Rodgers.

Dak sounds horrible.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean, do you actually even watch football?

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not if they are all playing on different teams.

I like Dak but he doesn't deserve to be the top paid QB in the league. Sounds like he's expecting it though which means he'll probably get it and then we'll end up franchising Elliot and eventually let him walk.
Meh, being the highest paid QB these days just means he will be the most recent QB to be signed to a deal these days. Salaries for the position aren't a good metric for who is the best anymore.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, being the highest paid QB these days just means he will be the most recent QB to be signed to a deal these days. Salaries for the position aren't a good metric for who is the best anymore.
EXACTLY. You just can't look at salaries of already signed players and think the will/should dictate what the "next" guy to sign will get. I don't know why this seems to escape people. Is Dak a top 5 QB in the NFL right now? Hell no. But that really doesn't matter as much as the timing of his signing. Trent Brown makes $4M per year more than any other RT and is the highest paid OL in the NFL at $16.5M per year. That is just insane; is he even in the top 10 of best OL???