• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dak Prescott

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak may need a change of scenery . The pressure been mounting for years. One of his better playoff games was the loss to Rodgers during his rookie year. The defense came up small at the end. The only playoff game Dak has played well since was the Tampa game. Otherwise Dak has either been mediocre or even horrible.

The first seven wnent olineeeks are tough. Cowboys are going to lose five of those games if they don't fix the running game on both sides of the ball. I am hoping things ct wtf wants him without hange with the addition of Zimmer and guys like Beebe and TJ Bass.
agreed,but wtf wants him without a decent oline?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then it's not a cowboy fans problem.
Having our starting QB walk without any compensation would be a Cowboy problem. Paying him several million a year more than we would have had Jerry resigned him back in March is a Cowboy fan problem. Jerry is at the root either way, but that's the part that sucks whether you want to keep Dak or not. Jerry and Stephen have already fucked it up completely either way it goes

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How could we possibly give Dak $60M per based on what other QBs have received? The only way I see this as possible is if it is only a 2 year deal OR if there is a dummy year on the back end bringing up the total average but that he will never see. Personally I'd rather give him 2 years at $60M than 4 years at $55M. But that will make the short run cap hit worse because we already have dead money and you can't spread a 2 year deal out too much, but still better than what it will be at the end of his deal if it's 4 plus years of a front loaded deal.

Personally I'm still hoping for no deal this year. If he makes a SB give him $70M per for all I care.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How could we possibly give Dak $60M per based on what other QBs have received? The only way I see this as possible is if it is only a 2 year deal OR if there is a dummy year on the back end bringing up the total average but that he will never see. Personally I'd rather give him 2 years at $60M than 4 years at $55M. But that will make the short run cap hit worse because we already have dead money and you can't spread a 2 year deal out too much, but still better than what it will be at the end of his deal if it's 4 plus years of a front loaded deal.

Personally I'm still hoping for no deal this year. If he makes a SB give him $70M per for all I care.
I'm 100% with your last line. Leave it alone, and if we make the Super Bowl or even the NFCCG, give him a blank check. If we can't get past round one, feel free to walk. Im just not scared to death to go into next season with an extra $55M to spend on talent

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not signing Dak is a total rebuild and this might be the only aspect I kinda like about Jerry.

He can't count on being around through a rebuild.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D A K
dead money
no extra $55M
Go 2026
About $62M under for next season, Daks dead money included.
But here's a different question...if his dead money doesn't look good right now, what will it look like when he is 35 at the end of this massive deal?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was listening to a podcast just now and they made am interesting point to me. The $14 Billion lawsuit the NFL just lost means every single team will have to pony up $450 Million each. Obviously the Cowboys are a team that can withstand that, but does that hit to their bottom line factor into why the Cowboys didn't get Dak and Lamb done in March so they could open up cap space if they were willing to spend the money. I think so

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was reading up on how an extension for Dak will look...on top of the $55M+ per year the Cowboys will owe him, on a four year extension they will have an additional cap hit of almost $13M per season for the signing bonus they have already paid him. So the average cap hit will come out to an average of $68M per season(provided the number is $55M). Now, they could have a lower cap hit than that the first season or two depending on structure, but anything saved early will be tacked on later. Bottom line, Jerry and Stephen have made a bigger mess of the way they have handled Dak's money than any Owner/QB in the history of the NFL

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such a great guy. First it wasn't about the money and now it's about taking care of the rest of the players in the league, not himself. So magnanimous

As discussions continue regarding a contract extension, the Dallas Cowboys' Dak Prescott explained why he believes he has an obligation to other quarterbacks and his teammates as to what kind of deal he does or does not accept.

I'm a guy that grew up with two older brothers," Prescott said. "You understand what a brotherhood means, not only for just this team but the fraternity of the NFL and the players. The money is out there and the money can happen. It can be done. There's ways to make everything work for both ways. That's in that sense it's always about pushing the envelope for the next man."

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was reading up on how an extension for Dak will look...on top of the $55M+ per year the Cowboys will owe him, on a four year extension they will have an additional cap hit of almost $13M per season for the signing bonus they have already paid him. So the average cap hit will come out to an average of $68M per season(provided the number is $55M). Now, they could have a lower cap hit than that the first season or two depending on structure, but anything saved early will be tacked on later. Bottom line, Jerry and Stephen have made a bigger mess of the way they have handled Dak's money than any Owner/QB in the history of the NFL
The $40M that still has yet to hit the cap due to restructures will hit the cap whether he is here or not. But, the article you are quoting is not really accurate. First off even if you want to ignore how the contract will be structured it's not $13M per year it's $10M. The dead money hit is $26M in 2025, $12M in 2026 and then $1M in 27 and 28 if he extends and if he doesn't the entire $40M hits the cap next year. But since his new contract hit (if he signs here) will be significantly backloaded it will be spread out over more than just 4 years. Even if it is just a basic salary and SB, the SB will be spread over 5 years (one void year at the back end). But more likely, the outer years will be not be just a base salary but some form of roster bonus so that each of those years "salaries" can also be spread over 5 years. So more than likely his entire cap hit will be spread out over (guessing) like 6 or 7 years.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The $40M that still has yet to hit the cap due to restructures will hit the cap whether he is here or not. But, the article you are quoting is not really accurate. First off even if you want to ignore how the contract will be structured it's not $13M per year it's $10M. The dead money hit is $26M in 2025, $12M in 2026 and then $1M in 27 and 28 if he extends and if he doesn't the entire $40M hits the cap next year. But since his new contract hit (if he signs here) will be significantly backloaded it will be spread out over more than just 4 years. Even if it is just a basic salary and SB, the SB will be spread over 5 years (one void year at the back end). But more likely, the outer years will be not be just a base salary but some form of roster bonus so that each of those years "salaries" can also be spread over 5 years. So more than likely his entire cap hit will be spread out over (guessing) like 6 or 7 years.
You may be right, but the only reason I doubt what you're saying is that you're talking about 5-7 years backloaded with avoidable years in place. That's how I thought they would structure his first deal, but Dak and his agent played hard ball on four years with no franchise attached because they wanted to hit FA again at 31. My thoughts are that it's either going to be a 4 year deal at $57-58M per if its done now or during the early part of the season and if he gives them the extra avoidable years it will be $60M plus per year minimum. If he hits UFA, it's gonna be $65M per at least. Dak has ALL the leverage and he and his agent know what they are doing. We shall see soon enough

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may be right, but the only reason I doubt what you're saying is that you're talking about 5-7 years backloaded with avoidable years in place. That's how I thought they would structure his first deal, but Dak and his agent played hard ball on four years with no franchise attached because they wanted to hit FA again at 31. My thoughts are that it's either going to be a 4 year deal at $57-58M per if its done now or during the early part of the season and if he gives them the extra avoidable years it will be $60M plus per year minimum. If he hits UFA, it's gonna be $65M per at least. Dak has ALL the leverage and he and his agent know what they are doing. We shall see soon enough
$65M per at least? :noidea: