• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dak Prescott

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the ones who haven't drafted well over the past 5 or 6 years.
the Seahawks already were a victim of that. They had several non 1st round picks become bad asses. Not only were they punished for that with them all being in the exact same time span makes it impossible to keep them. So then they can go to teams that suck at drafting.
As long as salary caps are the way they are. I think only a percentage of the salary should go against a teams cap if they drafted them. Like 20% or some shit (not a lot of thought on the pct)
so a guy that cost you 1 mil only counts 800k to the cap
10mil, 8 mil to the cap & so on if on the original team that drafted him.
That would help teams keep their own players.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look you LOVE everything Packers.

McCarthy fired from GB you are deeply in love with him. I and many other have hope, but are still in wait and see mode.

Philbin, has many failures, you are deeply in love with him. Again I'm in wait and see mode.
HaHa Dix, enough of a failure and while I agree he's probably an improvement over Heath, but I'm not sold on him at safety.

Facts are you self admitted you moved away from being a Cowboys fan due to their failures as of late, and now that the Cowboys have a deep GB look to them, you're fully on board, without seeing any results.

I don't deny you're a Cowboy's fan but theres no mistaken that you are ALSO a GB fan.

Let correct one thing. You're a Fair Weather Fan.
Didn't fordman out him?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cap actually hurts teams who have drafted well, so there's a big hole in your draft philosophy.
Actually drafting well is the easiest way to be successful within the cap. You get guys dirt cheap for 4 or 5 years. Yes they are expensive IF you resign them, but whether you resign them or sign a FA someone else lets go it all costs the same and it is your choice to spend or not spend the money at that point. The key to drafting well and continuing to draft well is that you can let expensive guys go without resigning them and replace them with those cheaper guys in their first 5 years of the next draft. If we had signed the next Byron Jones instead of Awuzie none of us would be worried that we let him go. If we signed another Zeke we wouldn't have given him a record contract for a RB. If we didn't have shit WRs for so many years we wouldn't have had to trade for and sign Cooper.

So while I get your point by looking at Dak and Tank and Jaylon and Zeke and everyone else that they cost us a shit ton when they become FAs and agree it is cap busting, it would have cost the same to bring in a true FA at those spots but would have been done without the benefit of the cheap years from All Pro play from those great draft picks. Our problem has been the need to resign every good player instead of letting more of them go and resigning a cheaper FA to replace them and paying more than anyone else to resign them too often. :2cents:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually drafting well is the easiest way to be successful within the cap. You get guys dirt cheap for 4 or 5 years. Yes they are expensive IF you resign them, but whether you resign them or sign a FA someone else lets go it all costs the same and it is your choice to spend or not spend the money at that point. The key to drafting well and continuing to draft well is that you can let expensive guys go without resigning them and replace them with those cheaper guys in their first 5 years of the next draft. If we had signed the next Byron Jones instead of Awuzie none of us would be worried that we let him go. If we signed another Zeke we wouldn't have given him a record contract for a RB. If we didn't have shit WRs for so many years we wouldn't have had to trade for and sign Cooper.

So while I get your point by looking at Dak and Tank and Jaylon and Zeke and everyone else that they cost us a shit ton when they become FAs and agree it is cap busting, it would have cost the same to bring in a true FA at those spots but would have been done without the benefit of the cheap years from All Pro play from those great draft picks. Our problem has been the need to resign every good player instead of letting more of them go and resigning a cheaper FA to replace them and paying more than anyone else to resign them too often. :2cents:

Yes, you get them cheap for 4 or 5 years, but then they come up for a new deal, and as were finding out you can't keep them all. As for free agents who's the last FA Dallas broke the bank for. Dallas has stayed out of the FA frenzy for awhile now.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, you get them cheap for 4 or 5 years, but then they come up for a new deal, and as were finding out you can't keep them all. As for free agents who's the last FA Dallas broke the bank for. Dallas has stayed out of the FA frenzy for awhile now.
You don't have to resign them and if you draft well you can let them go, save the money and replace them with a cheaper and hopefully just as good player. Drafting is the best way to have inexpensive yet good players if you do it right. Doing it right is of course the tough part

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson was just over the top amazing last year and one of the most exciting players to watch and root for. But, I think that will be by far his best year ever. It seems like everyone has him as a top 3 - 5 QB. I'd be more than a little surprised if he were even top 10 again. I just don't think he is an accurate enough passer.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson was just over the top amazing last year and one of the most exciting players to watch and root for. But, I think that will be by far his best year ever. It seems like everyone has him as a top 3 - 5 QB. I'd be more than a little surprised if he were even top 10 again. I just don't think he is an accurate enough passer.
you think Jackson is gonna fall from grace that much this year?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you think Jackson is gonna fall from grace that much this year?
I'm not sure how to phrase it, but I would be shocked if he ever had a year like that again. I just don't think he is going to have a great career and think last year was kind of a fluke. I like him a lot and root for him to do well and I think he is fun to watch but I suspect the TD/Int and rating numbers will never approach 2019 again and that was really what made him so good. I think his passing yards will go up but his efficiency will plummet.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't have to resign them and if you draft well you can let them go, save the money and replace them with a cheaper and hopefully just as good player. Drafting is the best way to have inexpensive yet good players if you do it right. Doing it right is of course the tough part
Problem is when you find a good player wouldn't you rather keep him rather than rolling the dice in the draft? For as well as Dallas has drafted over the last few years, they still managed to deaft a few duds.
I get using the draft to manage the CAP, but the draft is and always will be a crap shoot.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My 2 cents, and I’ve said it before, it’s getting to the point where you have to just draft a qb every 4 yrs until you find the elite. You don’t pay Elliot until his contract is up. Too many times these guys get paid and don’t pur the work in afterwards. Dak is decent but he’s not elite. You can’t mortgage the farm for him. I was the biggest cousins fan, he’ll my screen names was even in support “httr08”, but after they dropped the ball on signing him to a reasonable price I was happy to see him go.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is when you find a good player wouldn't you rather keep him rather than rolling the dice in the draft? For as well as Dallas has drafted over the last few years, they still managed to deaft a few duds.
I get using the draft to manage the CAP, but the draft is and always will be a crap shoot.
Of course, but that is another topic