• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dak Prescott

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for posting this.
So it looks like the first 5 extended years the Chiefs pay Mahomes less than 45 million each year. After that, things get stupid. It looks like at that point, both sides know that the cap will have gone up quite a bit.
So here we are, 40 and change is the top dollar for the best QB in football for the next 5 years. Come on Jerry for the next 4 or 5 years (doesn't matter) the QB money is going to stay the same. Let's Goooooooo!

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got an extension of 10 years $503M according to according to MTR which is what I based it, if I’m wrong then I’m sorry
Well 25 mil is if he goes to the superbowl every year & wins the NFL MVP.
Then they threw in his 2020 & 2021 salary as well. So the 503 really isnt true, unless he hits every incentive & it includes his current deal which would be divided by 12.
So they are a little misleading so they can throw out that eye popping #.

If you want a break down of all of his incentives & everything else it is right here.
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/patrick-mahomes-21751/

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just my opinion, but judging strictly on how Dak and his agent have pushed for every dollar they can possibly make(which is totally fine), I don't think there is any way they will accept less than whatever Mahomes yearly average ends up being, which looks like more than $40 million per year. If that's the case, I think Dan will play a year on the tag, and anything short of a SB, I think the Cowboys trade him and go a different direction. He is a really good QB but he simply isn't THAT good...
Two things.
1. I haven't seen one verified report Dak is looking to be the number one paid QB. Along with that the 35M sounds to be more than Dak is asking for, Dak stance has been about years.

2. Look at Mahomes contract. 2020 through 2023 (4 years) he'll pocket 103M, if Daks will to sig for 104M for 4 years Jerry needs cave and give him that 4 year deal he wants. Through 2024 (5 years) Mahomes is going to pocket 141M, 32M per, Dallas has already offered 175M over that span.

The Mahomes contract does not help Dak get more money as your not matching what Mahomes is making three years in the future.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things.
1. I haven't seen one verified report Dak is looking to be the number one paid QB. Along with that the 35M sounds to be more than Dak is asking for, Dak stance has been about years.

2. Look at Mahomes contract. 2020 through 2023 (4 years) he'll pocket 103M, if Daks will to sig for 104M for 4 years Jerry needs cave and give him that 4 year deal he wants. Through 2024 (5 years) Mahomes is going to pocket 141M, 32M per, Dallas has already offered 175M over that span.

The Mahomes contract does not help Dak get more money as your not matching what Mahomes is making three years in the future.
You are correct that no one knows what the numbers are, its simply an opinion. I just believe if it were as simple as $35 million per it would have been done long ago. The Cowboys will already be paying him $34 million per on average the next two years for the franchise tag. And I think if Jerry were going to give 4 years instead of 5, he would have already done that too

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct that no one knows what the numbers are, its simply an opinion. I just believe if it were as simple as $35 million per it would have been done long ago. The Cowboys will already be paying him $34 million per on average the next two years for the franchise tag. And I think if Jerry were going to give 4 years instead of 5, he would have already done that too
The way i understand it is Dak is insisting on 4 years, while Dallas is insisting on 5. I'm sure if Dallas said fine 4 years for 140 its a done deal. I'm guessing it could be done at 4 for 135, but both sides appear to have dug in on the length of the deal. I really see Maholmes contract hurting Dak in both lenght and cost if he insists on a 4 year deal.
Dallas 5 year deal on the table will pay Dak more than Mahomes earns in that time span. Quite honestly if I were Dallas I'd pull the current offer, place two new offers on the table.
A four year deal and a five with each coming in under what Mahomes will make in that span.

Hell I believe the Guarantee Dak was offered is more than Mahomes will earn in 4 years.

Dak needs to have a voice of reason talk to him.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things.

You can't compare the next two years where Mahomes is playing under his old contract. You need to look at the new years of the deal and even then trying to use only the first few years is just a way to skew the deal to make it look like less. The deal is the deal and if Mahomes plays the first 4 years of the new deal and then is cut he will get a lot more than $32M. Whether the money is guaranteed at the front end (huge SB) or the back end (guaranteed RB and salary) it all counts.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 days until the deadline (that makes deals). All is eerily quiet, no Jerry, no Dak, no anonymous source spewing contract negotiation details.
Not looking like it's going to happen.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 days until the deadline (that makes deals). All is eerily quiet, no Jerry, no Dak, no anonymous source spewing contract negotiation details.
Not looking like it's going to happen.
I don't think it's going to happen. I think Dan leads us to at least the NFCCG and breaks the bank or doesn't and is traded before the draft, plain and simple

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not concerned if it happens or not. In a way I would like to have every expensive player playing under the cap so we get to keep putting off the decision. People keep talking about how much more it costs by waiting, but we also save money each year that we push back the deal. Next year could be tough from a cap perspective if we tag him again, but 2 years @ $35M per is a great 2 year deal for the team IMO.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 3 days, Dak's camp will change their contract demands and be asking for a 3 year deal, but no one will be allowed to negotiate until after the season. I'm over this mess.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see this happening this year. I think both the team and Dak are fine with the tag amount for this year. With a solid season, look for the contract next year when the cap doesn't go up. Huge signing bonus and a smaller number for year one.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN's Jane Slater reports franchise-tagged QB Dak Prescott is turning down over $100 million in guaranteed money.
This may seem like Prescott is wrong, but it's arguably a low-ball offer from the Cowboys. Jared Goff and Carson Wentz were signed to similar terms last season, but Prescott is coming off a huge season and the quarterback market has since been changed with Patrick Mahomes signing a half billion dollar contract. Prescott instead will bet on himself and play on the franchise tag in 2020, which will force everyone into negotiations again all offseason in 2021. With Prescott's dual-threat ability and the stud skill-position talent surrounding him, it's easy to see how Prescott can earn even more money with his play this upcoming season. He's locked into the top-five in quarterback fantasy rankings. Prescott belongs inside the top 10 in real-life rankings as well.

Sounds like Dak has his own plan.
Dont know the details but I am kinda glad the Cowboys didnt just say fuck it have what you want.

Re-fran tag him next year & start looking for his replacement in the meantime.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know y’all heard it and definitely don’t won’t to hear it from me, but this is cousins all over again. Those who think you will be able to trade him, get real. Maybe you can get a six or seven, but no one is giving good draft capital plus big guaranteed money for him. They’ll just wait till he’s a fa.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know y’all heard it and definitely don’t won’t to hear it from me, but this is cousins all over again. Those who think you will be able to trade him, get real. Maybe you can get a six or seven, but no one is giving good draft capital plus big guaranteed money for him. They’ll just wait till he’s a fa.
I dont think we would trade him either. Not when a team can just wait it out. Also all he would have to do is be difficult with the team that wanted to trade for him & not sign a new deal with them. If he wants Free agency he can make that happen. Just not for another year or two.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN's Jane Slater reports franchise-tagged QB Dak Prescott is turning down over $100 million in guaranteed money.
This may seem like Prescott is wrong, but it's arguably a low-ball offer from the Cowboys. Jared Goff and Carson Wentz were signed to similar terms last season, but Prescott is coming off a huge season and the quarterback market has since been changed with Patrick Mahomes signing a half billion dollar contract. Prescott instead will bet on himself and play on the franchise tag in 2020, which will force everyone into negotiations again all offseason in 2021. With Prescott's dual-threat ability and the stud skill-position talent surrounding him, it's easy to see how Prescott can earn even more money with his play this upcoming season. He's locked into the top-five in quarterback fantasy rankings. Prescott belongs inside the top 10 in real-life rankings as well.

Sounds like Dak has his own plan.
Dont know the details but I am kinda glad the Cowboys didnt just say fuck it have what you want.

Re-fran tag him next year & start looking for his replacement in the meantime.
This is a good scenario for the team and what I wanted all along provided he reports on time with no ill feelings and is his normal self and happy with his $31Ms this year. If he does all that, I think he has a big year and earns an even bigger contract or plays on the tag again. The idea that he is being disrespected by playing for $31M and in accordance with the rules of the CBA is not something I agree with. He has $31M reasons to be happy and content. I think he will continue to play well and the money will continue to pour in

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I’m not thinking he is not going to sign at all now he plays on the tag and plays the tag again and moves to FA . Cowboys need to be looking for a replacement IMHO. Daks going to end up on the Bucs ,Bears, Broncos etc who don’t have a QB for the future and would be fine with Dak as the high$$$$ replacement compared to what they have had. Problem is it’s a team game And you can’t be too QB $$$$ heavy and still win.

JMHO

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever Plan B is for the future QB... better get on it. Because I'm not convinced they have a plan beyond two years of Dak and moving on.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever Plan B is for the future QB... better get on it. Because I'm not convinced they have a plan beyond two years of Dak and moving on.
Two more seasons is a long time. Plus they brought in Dalton. What else can they do this year? I think the plan is Dak for the next 5 years regardless of whether he was extended or not today. Perhaps if they don't feel confident in resigning him by the draft next year they look at a future QB on draft day 2021. I'm not feeling any rush to go that route right now

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deadline passed. FT for 2020.
If I'm Dallas I look real close at the possibility of Dalton taking the reins in 21 and Draft a future starter next off season.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two more seasons is a long time. Plus they brought in Dalton. What else can they do this year? I think the plan is Dak for the next 5 years regardless of whether he was extended or not today. Perhaps if they don't feel confident in resigning him by the draft next year they look at a future QB on draft day 2021. I'm not feeling any rush to go that route right now

Or... perhaps they have already made that decision.