• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dak Prescott

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scuttlebutt online says he turned down $35M per and $106M guaranteed for 5 years and wanted more guaranteed money. I can't fault the Cowboys if that is what was offered. He deserves more money than Wentz and Goff no doubt but he doesn't deserve more than RW.

It will be interesting if next year Dak instructs his agent to look for a 3 year deal sticking with their original plan on when he wants to be a FA and basically telling Jerry that putting this off a year isn't changing anything.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deadline passed. FT for 2020.
If I'm Dallas I look real close at the possibility of Dalton taking the reins in 21 and Draft a future starter next off season.
I'm not giving up on Dak for Dalton, but if he doesn't change his stance and they can't come to an agreement next offseason it becomes a slight possibility. I also think Dak has another good year and makes it even harder to move on from him. Personally If I'm Dallas I'm happy to pay him $38M in 2021 to be the starter. After that of course things would change with no LT deal.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to post Bob Sturm's tweets from this morning because they make for interesting dialogue. And support my "opinion" that after next year, Dak is gone and the Cowboys are the ones making that call. Not Dak.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And - she is usually on the mark with her reporting.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And - she is usually on the mark with her reporting.

Too late? If he wanted a deal done I'm sure the Cowboys would have taken his call YESTERDAY. He played chicken with Jerry because he figured he would fold and for once Jerry didn't. Two sides at fault for why a deal didn't get done, but again, who cares. It's a good deal for the Cowboys and obviously Dak is fine with it too or he would have given a little more.

One thing Sturm is way off on. Year two isn't a done deal for another year. So Dak is taking a chance on never seeing it if injured or level of play drops. That's the whole reason players sign LT deals in the first place. If both sides are happy I don't see why we wouldn't be also

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thankfully we still have Dalton. He has the experience and should flourish in the West Coast offense that McCarthy prefers.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too late? If he wanted a deal done I'm sure the Cowboys would have taken his call YESTERDAY. He played chicken with Jerry because he figured he would fold and for once Jerry didn't. Two sides at fault for why a deal didn't get done, but again, who cares. It's a good deal for the Cowboys and obviously Dak is fine with it too or he would have given a little more.

One thing Sturm is way off on. Year two isn't a done deal for another year. So Dak is taking a chance on never seeing it if injured or level of play drops. That's the whole reason players sign LT deals in the first place. If both sides are happy I don't see why we wouldn't be also
I heard there were 85 mil in actual guarantees at signing but 110+ overall.
It cracks me up when I hear he is gonna be too expensive next year on the tag.
31 & 38 mil is 69. he was gonna avg. 35 per (which would be 70) in the same time span. this sounds cheaper to me. Not more expensive.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tannehill, Wentz, Goff & Wilson all got four year deals and a higher percentage of guaranteed money than Dak on a five year deal. Most people can blame Dak for digging in but I blame the Jones boys for insisting on a 5 year term when most recent QB got the 4 year terms. IMO, the Jones boys played hard ball with the QB while rolling over with the DE, LB WR & RB. Not signing Dak before last season cost them more and not signing him now will only cost them more down the road. OR....we can do like so many think we should anyway, roll with a 9 year vet who hasn't won shit and draft another QB. That should go well considering the Cowboy recent past history of evaluating QB's. Paxton Lynch & Connor Cook were both considered better than Prescott. The shit heads got lucky Kellen Moore broke his angle cause Moore woulda played in 16 instead of Prescott. (somebody que Roger Dangerfield). HELL, the Jones boys got luck Quincy Carter failed a drug test cause Romo woulda never been a Cowboy if he passed. Dallas hasn't shown shit with regards to evaluating QB's since Jimmy left the building.

I don't feel sorry for Prescott, he's getting great money this year after 4 years of out preforming his contract like no other player in resent memory. Prescott never bitched about that and has shown nothing other than being what Darren Woodsen calls the best leader of a football team he's ever seen. So Dak will again, do what he's always done since Dallas drafted him, bet on himself. I hope he has an outstanding season, plays hardball with Dallas and gets traded to a team that appreciates his qualities. Those qualities and solid NFL QB play are not found on just any street corner like the Jones boys seem to think.

The curse of Jerry Jones is real and I'm starting to think this team will remain the Detroit Lions.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tannehill, Wentz, Goff & Wilson all got four year deals and a higher percentage of guaranteed money than Dak on a five year deal. Most people can blame Dak for digging in but I blame the Jones boys for insisting on a 5 year term when most recent QB got the 4 year terms. IMO, the Jones boys played hard ball with the QB while rolling over with the DE, LB WR & RB. Not signing Dak before last season cost them more and not signing him now will only cost them more down the road. OR....we can do like so many think we should anyway, roll with a 9 year vet who hasn't won shit and draft another QB. That should go well considering the Cowboy recent past history of evaluating QB's. Paxton Lynch & Connor Cook were both considered better than Prescott. The shit heads got lucky Kellen Moore broke his angle cause Moore woulda played in 16 instead of Prescott. (somebody que Roger Dangerfield). HELL, the Jones boys got luck Quincy Carter failed a drug test cause Romo woulda never been a Cowboy if he passed. Dallas hasn't shown shit with regards to evaluating QB's since Jimmy left the building.

I don't feel sorry for Prescott, he's getting great money this year after 4 years of out preforming his contract like no other player in resent memory. Prescott never bitched about that and has shown nothing other than being what Darren Woodsen calls the best leader of a football team he's ever seen. So Dak will again, do what he's always done since Dallas drafted him, bet on himself. I hope he has an outstanding season, plays hardball with Dallas and gets traded to a team that appreciates his qualities. Those qualities and solid NFL QB play are not found on just any street corner like the Jones boys seem to think.

The curse of Jerry Jones is real and I'm starting to think this team will remain the Detroit Lions.
I look forward to a successful season with or without Dak.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look forward to a successful season with or without Dak.
your last two posts in this thread are fine examples on how you have 72,000 more posts than I...and in 11 fewer months.
Congrats Mr. Football, your next insightful football post will be your first

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your last two posts in this thread are fine examples on how you have 72,000 more posts than I...and in 11 fewer months.
Congrats Mr. Football, your next insightful football post will be your first
Now don't be hurt because I get more mileage out of fewer words than you do. It seems that most everyone here thinks the season will be in the dumpster if Dak isn't the starting QB. I don't buy into that theory and I feel that Dalton is capable of leading this team into the playoffs. Now you may disagree with me but that doesn't mean you're right and I'm wrong.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now don't be hurt because I get more mileage out of fewer words than you do. It seems that most everyone here thinks the season will be in the dumpster if Dak isn't the starting QB. I don't buy into that theory and I feel that Dalton is capable of leading this team into the playoffs. Now you may disagree with me but that doesn't mean you're right and I'm wrong.
but Dak is the starting QB....you predicting an injury?

Sir Robin Of Camelot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am convinced at this point... he will be here two more years and then he’s gone.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am convinced at this point... he will be here two more years and then he’s gone.
thankfully for Jerry, Dak will be Dak regardless. He won't play the hands the DE & RB played when they didn't get what they wanted. Smart play would trade him and get something but the Jones boys haven't been very football smart.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but Dak is the starting QB....you predicting an injury?
Yes, he is here for the season but the failure to sign him to a long term deal might mean he'll be gone after this season. I'd prefer Dak as our QB but Dalton isn't exactly chopped liver and he is capable of leading the team into the playoffs.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever Plan B is for the future QB... better get on it. Because I'm not convinced they have a plan beyond two years of Dak and moving on.
When have the Cowboys EVER brought in a top backup QB? They brought in Dalton to start in case they trade Dak after next season. And I do think he will be traded, some think teams will just wait it out, but I think there are teams that will chance it. I hope so anyway lol

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thankfully for Jerry, Dak will be Dak regardless. He won't play the hands the DE & RB played when they didn't get what they wanted. Smart play would trade him and get something but the Jones boys haven't been very football smart.
Yes, the Cowboys could trade him for a few high draft picks but as you said Jerry is stubborn.