• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dak Prescott plans to sign franchise tag by Monday

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus you're a stupid moron. It's amazing how little you know about football.

Yeah you're right, Dak and his agent won't try to use Mahomes new deal to ask for even more than they are now.,

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah you're right, Dak and his agent won't try to use Mahomes new deal to ask for even more than they are now.,
Typically QB's benefit greatly by teams using the franchise tag of them. Daks contract will end up bigger than what he could have signed this year. This is good for Cousins. If he has a good season, the Cowboys would have blown an opportunity because they'll pay more for him next season.
Worked well for Cousins.

upload_2020-6-23_8-11-22.png

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only way that happens is if the Cowboys win a SB this season. And even then it's highly unlikely. STFU already.

Yeah, yeah, yeah sure guy.

I'm sure after Mahomes demolishes the previous market for QBs and raises the bar tremendously for what QBs make that Dak and his agent aren't going to ask for even more at that point.

I'm sure at that point they will actually stop trying to get as much as they can and instead will reverse course and give the Cowboys a team friendly deal. Yes that makes much more sense.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no zeke in 2017:

2-2 record
60%
90.1 rating
8 TD
3 picks
1 game with a rating over 100

with zeke? 7-5 record. 4 games with a rating over 100. comp % went up almost 4%. rating dipped a bit (86.6 for the season) but for the most part, he tried way too hard to do too much and it didnt pay off while zeke was out. 2-2 record.

zeke IS the cowboys. rare where the RB is more valuable than the QB this day in age.
Actually it was 6 games. They lost the first 3 and won the last 3 IIRC. Not only was Zeke out for the first two but also Tyron Smith (remember the Adrian Clayborn game?) and Smith was back but hurting in the 3rd game. A team that goes 3-3 without a top player and 6-4 with them is right about expected, no?

Zeke isn't even close to as important as Dak for the Cowboys. I'd say Zeke is maybe top 5. Dak, Martin, Smith and Tank are all more important. Zeke is a real good player, but seems to be the greatest player of all time when discussing Dak on the Hoop...

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it was 6 games. They lost the first 3 and won the last 3 IIRC. Not only was Zeke out for the first two but also Tyron Smith (remember the Adrian Clayborn game?) and Smith was back but hurting in the 3rd game. A team that goes 3-3 without a top player and 6-4 with them is right about expected, no?

Zeke isn't even close to as important as Dak for the Cowboys. I'd say Zeke is maybe top 5. Dak, Martin, Smith and Tank are all more important. Zeke is a real good player, but seems to be the greatest player of all time when discussing Dak on the Hoop...
sound points. IMO they could put nick foles at QB with zeke and win 11 games.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prescott isn't going to hold out with a $31.4M contract and the Cowboys aren't going to rush into a $37M per year extension in the current climate. This is going to be put on pause until February.

I'm starting to have my doubts if Dak/DAL will get a long term deal done.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to have my doubts if Dak/DAL will get a long term deal done.
If it gets past the July date, (and I think it will), it will depend on what happens to the 2021 cap. If we have a full season with paying fans filling stadiums then the 2021 cap could go up. In that scenario re-tagging then extending Prescott would be possible. In almost every other scenario the cap will drop and Prescott will become a FA.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I honestly think losing our Center is more hurtful than if we lost Zeke.
Sure it would hurt but we dont have a bad back up & still have a decent running O-line (with our center)

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, yeah, yeah sure guy.

I'm sure after Mahomes demolishes the previous market for QBs and raises the bar tremendously for what QBs make that Dak and his agent aren't going to ask for even more at that point.

I'm sure at that point they will actually stop trying to get as much as they can and instead will reverse course and give the Cowboys a team friendly deal. Yes that makes much more sense.

Put your money where your mouth is, bet welcher...or STFU

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak is way better than Cousins.

They weren't comparing the player's ability, they were comparing the contract situations And yes this is another Cousins, it is only kicking the can down the road just as Washington did. Which only means a long term deal will be more expensive (I do believe he will eventually sign) and as revenues drop in the NFL this year the cap may very well drop as well, making it an even bigger problem for the Boys.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typically QB's benefit greatly by teams using the franchise tag of them. Daks contract will end up bigger than what he could have signed this year. This is good for Cousins. If he has a good season, the Cowboys would have blown an opportunity because they'll pay more for him next season.
Worked well for Cousins.

View attachment 245574

They weren't comparing the player's ability, they were comparing the contract situations And yes this is another Cousins, it is only kicking the can down the road just as Washington did. Which only means a long term deal will be more expensive (I do believe he will eventually sign) and as revenues drop in the NFL this year the cap may very well drop as well, making it an even bigger problem for the Boys.

Yeah this is the exact comparison I was going to say with the Redskins and Kirk Cousins. Both the Cowboys and Dak are pretty much gambling with one another. Dak will get paid 31 million and if he puts up goodish numbers not great and the cowboys win 8-9 games they are back to square one and Dak will ask for another long term extension. They can franchise him again and Dak gets 37 million then puts up another goodish season now its time to enter free agency where I am sure a team will give him 4 year deal bottom line Dak will get PAID like Cousins currently is.

CONS

Dak next year can tear and ACL or just completely stink up the place and in which case will pretty much loose every leverage to get paid. Another potential issue with the COVID virus if there are no fans in the stadiums and money isn't coming in then there is the argument that any free agents in that time will have an extremely hard time getting the contract they deserve.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another potential issue with the COVID virus if there are no fans in the stadiums and money isn't coming in then there is the argument that any free agents in that time will have an extremely hard time getting the contract they deserve.

Yeah I'm not sure why the lost revenue this season and the potential salary cap ramifications of that lost revenue is not being discussed more. In the Cowboy's situation with so much money already allocated to a few players, and this does not even include the big deal Dak will eventually sign, COVID could play a much larger role with the Boys that with other teams.

I do believe Dak will blow up this year with all that talent to work with. But no I don't think he is as good as he will show so that means the Boys will have to overpay for a very good but not elite QB at a time when the cap may be going down.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think losing our Center is more hurtful than if we lost Zeke.
Sure it would hurt but we dont have a bad back up & still have a decent running O-line (with our center)
Well our Center is already gone. Byron Jones last year was more valuable to the Cowboys than Zeke too. Truth is that Frederick wasn't really that great last year and didn't play the year before so it's been a while since we had great C play. I don't think the drop off this year will be too far below where Frederick was last year. He just wasn't the dominant, powerful, Hall of Fame caliber force in the middle that he was before his illness.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it gets past the July date, (and I think it will), it will depend on what happens to the 2021 cap. If we have a full season with paying fans filling stadiums then the 2021 cap could go up. In that scenario re-tagging then extending Prescott would be possible. In almost every other scenario the cap will drop and Prescott will become a FA.

Hindsight is 20/20, but I said this a long time ago...Dak should've taken the deal DAL offered.

I think the owners will definitely use the new economic climate to suppress the '21 cap.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sound points. IMO they could put nick foles at QB with zeke and win 11 games.
Maybe, but not with Chaz Green manning the LT spot. Tyron Smith being out was a much bigger problem the Zeke being out, especially eith the run game getting pretty much the same production with the back ups.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Difference is the Skins were low balling Cousins salary wise, the Dak/Cowboys issue is contract length. Personally I think the deal is inked this year and I think it will be for the 5 years the team wants.