• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dak, Big Red and Kris Richard

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-The third-best underneath passer.
-The second-best intermediate passer.
-The best deep passer.
-The second-best left deep sideline passer.
-The best right deep sideline passer.
-The second-best obvious passing situation passer.
-The best passer against the blitz.

Dak Prescott.

#PayTheMan
Dude...I love Dak. Love him. But he is NOT the 2nd best PASSER in the NFL. He is a hard worker. A stand up guy. A good runner. He's competitve as Hell. And he is a GOOD passer. But he is not the 2nd or 3rd best PASSER in the NFL. He isn't in the top 10 in the NFL as far as arm talent. If you think otherwise, you have lost your fucking mind

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#LoveMyDak
I think the "system" definitely plays a huge role as does protection and WR talent. Our WRs always seem open now. The last two years it seemed they were never open. Some of that is talent and some is scheme. Dak was definitely playing short handed for most of 2017 and the first half of 2018 and this year he definitely is in a pretty sweet situation and Dak was under constant pressure last year and part of 2017. I had this discussion on the NFL Board over and over this past offseason.

I'd still love to see him be a little more careful with some of his throws and stop short arming with pressure in his face and run a little more when it's there (not called runs, but scrambles and roll outs when the pass isn't there), but I think if he keeps playing like this he is going to start getting more credit around the league. When a guy like let's say Mayfield (other than a couple games this year) screws up no one sees it. When Dak screws up everyone sees it because of how often we are on National tv.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
-The third-best underneath passer.
-The second-best intermediate passer.
-The best deep passer.
-The second-best left deep sideline passer.
-The best right deep sideline passer.
-The second-best obvious passing situation passer.
-The best passer against the blitz.

Dak Prescott.

#PayTheMan

12TDs to 7INTs, 4-3 record and outclassed by Sam Darnold in last week’s loss, and 1-2 in playoff games. Plays in a state income tax free state and makes money in sponsorships due to team he plays for and really needs a village to win. Pay but within reason.
#sillyrabbit
#dontoverpay
#figuresdontliebutliarsdofigure

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12TDs to 7INTs, 4-3 record and outclassed by Sam Darnold in last week’s loss, and 1-2 in playoff games. Plays in a state income tax free state and makes money in sponsorships due to team he plays for and really needs a village to win. Pay but within reason.
#sillyrabbit
#dontoverpay
Idk about outclassed. Darnold had a good game,but our Defense really never showed up. He got 92 yards on one play and it was more RAC and bad defense than Darnold. Then Dak and Witten had that TD called back on a bad call by the refs. Cowboys should have beat the jets. Darnold played pretty good,but I dont think dak was terrible.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk about outclassed. Darnold had a good game,but our Defense really never showed up. He got 92 yards on one play and it was more RAC and bad defense than Darnold. Then Dak and Witten had that TD called back on a bad call by the refs. Cowboys should have beat the jets. Darnold played pretty good,but I dont think dak was terrible.
well said
yards per attempt, completion % rate higher than the number TD passes...certainly with Elliott in the backfield

Kitna said this summer he wanted Dak to wing it and not be as hesitant as past years.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude...I love Dak. Love him. But he is NOT the 2nd best PASSER in the NFL. He is a hard worker. A stand up guy. A good runner. He's competitve as Hell. And he is a GOOD passer. But he is not the 2nd or 3rd best PASSER in the NFL. He isn't in the top 10 in the NFL as far as arm talent. If you think otherwise, you have lost your fucking mind
One step forward, two steps back.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#sillyrabbit
#dontoverpay

You do know that Romo had worse losses, right? Like blowing a 20 point lead at home to Matt Flynn. I remember you being a heavy Romo ballwasher and you're sitting here trying to criticize Dak for bad losses? That's fucking comical. Really criticizing Dak for being 4-3 this year? You do know that's leading the division, right? You're bringing up Dak record this year when he has the most wins in the NFL behind only Tom Brady since 2016? You do realize that over half of Dak's interceptions came off of WR hands, right? Really criticizing Dak for winning a playoff game faster than Romo did and playing better in playoff losses than Romo? People like you in this fan base are a joke.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#sillyrabbit
#dontoverpay
Darnold was better no doubt but it's one game and it wasn't like Dak was the weak spot of the entire team that day.
What Dak does at the of some of these games: GB, Jets; shows me what he can do if we open things up earlier. Why don't we? We weren't running for shit against NO and kept running. We ran ok, but not really good against the Jets and were losing all game but we kept running on 1st down. Why? Predictability kills Offenses. Unless these were all audibles I can't blame Dak for that. GB, Dak made some really bad decisions. But those are his 3 worst games. You need to look at the 4 good ones too or you aren't being fair.

I am pretty darn happy with Moore overall right now, but I get the feeling his asshole tightens up just like Garrett's when things aren't going well and that worries me and when they get scared they run the ball on first down and throw screen passes and short passes on 3rd down. When we are winning our offense is wide open, explosive and unpredictable. When we are struggling it's like Linehan never left. I think he needs to grow a set of balls and keep calling the same offense no matter how tough things are just like guys like Payton, McVay and Reid do. Our Offense works best when things are spread out and we make the defense cover our guys out in space. :2cents:

On the money thing. You just don't seem to understand how QB salaries work. The options aren't pay Dak $25M, $29M or $33M plus. The option is pay Dak $33M plus or let him go. He isn't signing for less than that and neither is any other top 15 or so QB looking for his first big pay day. Each time a QB signs the numbers go up. Do I think Dak is worth $35M of our cap? Hell no. No reasonable person could. But do I accept that QBs get that much in this league and knowing that give it to Dak? Yes, you just have to. You piece together your roster from there because you aren't bringing in a franchise QB via FA and the draft is a crapshoot. Remember the last 3 QBs we know this team tried to get with early draft picks were Paxton Lynch, Connor Cook and Johnny Football. Give me Dak.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do know that Romo had worse losses, right? Like blowing a 20 point lead at home to Matt Flynn. I remember you being a heavy Romo ballwasher and you're sitting here trying to criticize Dak for bad losses? That's fucking comical. Really criticizing Dak for being 4-3 this year? You do know that's leading the division, right? You're bringing up Dak record this year when he has the most wins in the NFL behind only Tom Brady since 2016? You do realize that over half of Dak's interceptions came off of WR hands, right? Really criticizing Dak for winning a playoff game faster than Romo did and playing better in playoff losses than Romo? People like you in this fan base are a joke.

Not blaming the Jet loss on Dak at all but after watching last night - it was either a terrible loss or they should go ahead and give the trophy to the Pats.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not blaming the Jet loss on Dak at all but after watching last night - it was either a terrible loss or they should go ahead and give the trophy to the Pats.
It's tough to take with our loss sandwiched by two horrible blowouts for the Jets. Any given Sunday and all that crap, but it's still tough. We just couldn't stop them. Their OL is horrible and we couldn't really even get pressure.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this guy only posts when they lose, Been that way for 3 years running...Thus he first appeared last week after the jets.

it's funny considering this team has had little playoff advancement in darn near 25 years and people still want to shit on process. You're right, Dak was good in his 3 playoff games, better in the two loses. Dak remains the bright spot and many just want to shit on the money he's about to be paid. Roger Staubach remains the only Dallas QB to not get trashed by some in the cowboy fan base. Dandy Don left after 9 seasons for a reason. Aikman was slammed till be won his first SB.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's tough to take with our loss sandwiched by two horrible blowouts for the Jets. Any given Sunday and all that crap, but it's still tough. We just couldn't stop them. Their OL is horrible and we couldn't really even get pressure.

The Jets defense though isn’t terrible. Not sure the final stats last night but at one point the Pats had run 77 plays for 325 yards. I think they had another series after that with a backup QB.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was a shitty lose. Woulda been interesting if they let the Witten TD stand. That was a horrible call, as was the Elliott fumble against the Saints. Don't get me wrong, the refs have been a coin flip in most all NFL games this season, just seems Dallas is always the short end on calls since Jerry took on Roger a couple years ago.

The NFL has become the NBA. I seldom watch the NBA

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets defense though isn’t terrible. Not sure the final stats last night but at one point the Pats had run 77 plays for 325 yards. I think they had another series after that with a backup QB.
don't compare Dallas to the Pats....they haven't earned that right

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I don’t bash Dak. I think he is a great leader, a good guy and a good QB. My only comment has been making sure he is not overpaid as he needs pieces to be successful and the play and results this year justify that comment. Pay too much and it won’t be easy to get him his pieces. He benefits from being a Cowboy. He is not Brees, Rodgers or Brady so paying top end money would not be wise. The team started well then their warts exposed and then Garrett wins a must win at home. Let’s see what happens next.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t bash Dak. I think he is a great leader, a good guy and a good QB. My only comment has been making sure he is not overpaid as he needs pieces to be successful and the play and results this year justify that comment. Pay too much and it won’t be easy to get him his pieces. He benefits from being a Cowboy. He is not Brees, Rodgers or Brady so paying top end money would not be wise. The team started well then their warts exposed and then Garrett wins a must win at home. Let’s see what happens next.
All QBs are overpaid. You will be disappointed in the end. However I think we should add Wilson to the list of the main three. Wilson has been the Seahawks offense since he took over there. I could make a claim he is worth his cash.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak has
The Pats are riding that defense right now. Those two corners they got are dangerous. They both are real good and pick the ball off. Brady looks like a broken down old man. Some of his throws this season just dont look normal for him and he is clearly on the downside now. If they lose one of those corners that defense will be vulnerable and the Pats will become vulnerable.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I was sick to my stomach watching them put pressure on Darnold and he folded like a cheap suit. And to think in our game, it was his first back. He should have done worse against us. Poor defensive performance period.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I was sick to my stomach watching them put pressure on Darnold and he folded like a cheap suit. And to think in our game, it was his first back. He should have done worse against us. Poor defensive performance period.

I have always liked the idea of blitzing young QBs. One thing though that scared me going into the Jet game was the lack of game film on Darnold in this offense. Basically we had the Bills game to look at week 1 and possibly some preseason drives. Darnold has always turned it over a lot though. He is very talented. I’m just not sure about his head.