• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dak, Big Red and Kris Richard

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't compare Dallas to the Pats....they haven't earned that right
I thought the Jets were not really trying to get after Brady the way they did Dak. Probably knew that if they touched him the flags would be raining down. Dak took several shots way after he released the ball and there should have been 3 or 4 roughing penalties that were not thrown.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always liked the idea of blitzing young QBs. One thing though that scared me going into the Jet game was the lack of game film on Darnold in this offense. Basically we had the Bills game to look at week 1 and possibly some preseason drives. Darnold has always turned it over a lot though. He is very talented. I’m just not sure about his head.
We had a whole years film on him, not one game.

Dak_&_Zeke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New coach. New offense. New personnel
I get what you’re saying but Darnold is still a young QB who was just back from suffering from mono no way the guy was 100% you gotta see if that body holds up. I wouldve blitzed the shit outta the kid make him see ghosts, cause as you saw Monday night their coaching staff didn’t have the intelligence to adjust.

Backups or not this game shouldn’t have been close and I put most of the blame on the coaching staff for not preparing a decent gameplan.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what you’re saying but Darnold is still a young QB who was just back from suffering from mono no way the guy was 100% you gotta see if that body holds up. I wouldve blitzed the shit outta the kid make him see ghosts, cause as you saw Monday night their coaching staff didn’t have the intelligence to adjust.

Backups or not this game shouldn’t have been close and I put most of the blame on the coaching staff for not preparing a decent gameplan.

I really miss Zimmer. Zimmer knew how to dial up the blitz. We should have blitzed the hell out of Darnold from the start. It would have been a good time to blitz him because he was out several weeks.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really miss Zimmer. Zimmer knew how to dial up the blitz. We should have blitzed the hell out of Darnold from the start. It would have been a good time to blitz him because he was out several weeks.
I agree with this. Zim was a Hell of a DC.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just hope that game does not come back to bite us in the end. That should have been an easy victory. And you are right, poor game prep by the coaching staff. Good teams destroy bad teams.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So obviously then you give the coaching staff all of the credit for the Philly game, right?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope that game does not come back to bite us in the end. That should have been an easy victory. And you are right, poor game prep by the coaching staff. Good teams destroy bad teams.
There is a huge chance that it will. 5-2 vs 4-3 right now is a world of a difference. If we were 5-2 we'd only need to go 5-4 the rest of the way to get to 10 wins; 4-5 would get us 9 wins and likely the division with a sweep of Philly.

My hope is with the OL and WRs healthy the Offense starts humming along again and somehow the defense finds it's groove.

Dak_&_Zeke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So obviously then you give the coaching staff all of the credit for the Philly game, right?
I could see you skimmed through my post I said MOST not all of the blame. You cannot sit there and say Garrett’s gameplan was competent at the least. That 4th & 2 call was god awful so was the 2pt conversion and there’s no reason why Jeff Heath should’ve been back there on the 92 yard bomb when they should’ve known he was awful in coverage. That’s not putting your players in the best situations to win their matchups. You knew Greg Williams was gonna blitz every chance he could and they did not adjust accordingly like utilizing Tony Pollard who was suppose to be the second coming of Alvin Kamara according to Stephen Jones, well damn it USE HIM in the slot, in the screen game same with Tavon Austin. Dude should never be lining up outside smh. There was no reason why we should’ve lost that game, at the end of the day they did not put their personnel in the right position to make the right plays and that’s their main job as a coaching staff.

The players share some blame too, Gallup dropped a few passes and Maher missed a very make-able field goal. Not to mention that Witten TD that was called back. The players had opportunities to make plays and didn’t make them.

I agree, I hope this is a start of a hot streak. But we can’t keep having these slow starts and having to go on crazy streaks just to save our season like last year and this year. We just gotta stay consistent. That’s why I just can’t trust this team cause nobody know which squad is gonna show up. And that’s why I think Garrett’s gotta go cause the team has just been too mediocre and inconsistent year after year after year ever since he took over.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see you skimmed through my post I said MOST not all of the blame. You cannot sit there and say Garrett’s gameplan was competent at the least. That 4th & 2 call was god awful so was the 2pt conversion and there’s no reason why Jeff Heath should’ve been back there on the 92 yard bomb when they should’ve known he was awful in coverage. That’s not putting your players in the best situations to win their matchups. You knew Greg Williams was gonna blitz every chance he could and they did not adjust accordingly like utilizing Tony Pollard who was suppose to be the second coming of Alvin Kamara according to Stephen Jones, well damn it USE HIM in the slot, in the screen game same with Tavon Austin. Dude should never be lining up outside smh. There was no reason why we should’ve lost that game, at the end of the day they did not put their personnel in the right position to make the right plays and that’s their main job as a coaching staff.

The players share some blame too, Gallup dropped a few passes and Maher missed a very make-able field goal. Not to mention that Witten TD that was called back. The players had opportunities to make plays and didn’t make them.
All, most, completely semantics. I think the players deserve most of the blame for the Jet game just like I think they deserve most of the credit for the Eagles game. The Jets were much more aggressive and wanted that game more. You could hear it in the stands, but Moore did have a bad game.

I liked going for it on 4th down there especially with our kicker regardless of the fact that he has made a couple long ones. We had the momentum and should have been able to convert there and get 7. As far as the 2 pt conversion goes that was blown up by a blitz and never had a chance. While I would have rolled Dak out myself there who knows what would have happened if the blitz was picked up. Austin was good in the Jet game and is as good as anyone on the team, including Pollard, out in space. Also on Pollard it's clear the team doesn't trust him yet in pass protection, so that's going to limit his snaps until they do in certain situations. Heath stinks, but Awuzie was beat on the 92 yard pass (recurring theme for him this year) and deserves as much blame as Heath who got caught looking at the two guys on his right instead of the guy on his left about to run by him, but if you look at the defense we were in, originally Woods was single high, then the Jets ran motion that shuffled our safeties. Was it bad luck or being out-coached or both, I'm not sure. But like I said if you are going to blame them when things go poorly you need to give them credit when things go well like last week. We didn't have either OT and our top 3 WRs were out or hurting (Gallup did not look 100% to me). All I read is Garrett and the coaches after our bad games, but then it's like they play no role in the good ones. They aren't perfect and I have no trouble moving on from Garrett after the year, but a lot of the criticisms are just way too one-sided.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts on Urban Meyer replacing Garrett? Meyer seemed to say good things about the cowboys head coaching job when he was on colon cowturds show. In fact Meyer really seemed real interested and really gave Cowboys compliments. I know I am interested in Meyer
Meyer is a great college coach but not very many good college coaches make good NFL coaches. The few that have are Jimmy johnson and Jim Harbaugh. I'd like to see Harbaugh coach the team.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just goes to show how hypocritical people like you and the media are. Dak been on the same level as Mahomes and Russell Wilson this year. But the narrative is that Mahomes and Wilson have been elite and Dak hasn't been.

When Amari consistently beats coverage and Dak hits him wide open in stride deep, Amari is given almost all of the credit. When Mahomes does the exact same thing to Tyreek Hill, it is all about how amazing Mahomes is. Media manipulation and narrative pushing continues to be the reason why Dak will never be seen as what he truly is. No, he's not elite yet in the pecking order of QBs, but he has been a great QB his entire career, is more than worth a 35 million contract, and has possibly taken a step forward because he has been playing at an elite level so far this season. Hell, you could make the case Dak has been playing elite ever since they acquired Amari. The media is too busy pushing Dak's faults down everyone's throat but never wants to mention all the incredible throws he makes. All you hear about is Dak inaccuracy but Dak throws way more dimes than he throws bad passes. Media too busy giving Zeke all the credit and falsely claiming the Cowboys need to establish the run in order to be effective to even notice how great Dak has become.
Keep sucking Dak's dick.

Dak_&_Zeke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@jarntt I agree I give him credit for that huge win against Philly of course. And some of the criticism of him might be overblown, he’s not the worst coach in the league I just think he’s stagnant that’s all.

But I will give him this tho, the team never quits on him. Idk how he does it but when it seems like the season on the line and Garrett about to get axed they rise to the occasion. He’s a good motivator but as a good X’s and O’s type of coach and disciplinarian he is not.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@jarntt I agree I give him credit for that huge win against Philly of course. And some of the criticism of him might be overblown, he’s not the worst coach in the league I just think he’s stagnant that’s all.

But I will give him this tho, the team never quits on him. Idk how he does it but when it seems like the season on the line and Garrett about to get axed they rise to the occasion. He’s a good motivator but as a good X’s and O’s type of coach and disciplinarian he is not.
totally agree and his in game decisions are mind boggling some times...

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see Harbaugh coach the team.
I think I am in the minority with agreeing with this. I think harbaugh is an awesome NFL HC.

I dont think it could ever happen as long as Jerry is alive though. Harbaugh doesnt play the puppet very well.

Reactions: GNG

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then apply this same logic to Zeke who you never criticize and blame for anything. He's the highest paid RB in the NFL by far and is already starting to decline while Dak is the one improving. Or how about do the same thing to Jaylon Smith who's making over 60 million and playing like Bradie James. Or DLaw who hasn't lived up to his contract either. That's the issue I have with people like you and most of this fan base. After every loss it's knock on Dak week but nobody says anything about Zeke not making people miss like he used to, DLaw looking like he did before his contract year, or Jaylon running through the wrong gap on every play. Those are dudes who are actually paid while Dak isn't even paid yet. There's no reason for me to criticize Dak because plenty of people already do it enough. Why should I contribute to it? I want Garrett GONE, but I don't contribute to the Garrett bashing because people already do it enough.
he heard you

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I am in the minority with agreeing with this. I think harbaugh is an awesome NFL HC.

I dont think it could ever happen as long as Jerry is alive though. Harbaugh doesnt play the puppet very well.
I agree with you about Jerry being a puppet master. Bill Parcells grew tired of Jerry's interference.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meyer is a great college coach but not very many good college coaches make good NFL coaches. The few that have are Jimmy johnson and Jim Harbaugh. I'd like to see Harbaugh coach the team.
Pass on Harbaugh.