• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

D Jax

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another quality poster going down the tubes. Nobody said Phillys offense will be unstoppable. But there were about 5 people saying Chips offense will go down the tubes like the run and shoot and the wild cat because of video taping exposes gimmick offenses.

THe video taping works both ways too. Philly will watch video on what are teams are doing and adjust to that. You really sound like a little 5 year old pouting Manster. All that I was trying to say was that there is absolutely nothing gimmicky about our Offense. I also said we are a run team first and that has survived for 75 years. Now I see an article in SI saying the EXACT thing I said and you have to try and put words in my mouth. If the tables were turned and you came up with things that refuted what I believed Im secure enough and man enough to say, "Hmmmm, maybe a wasn't right in this circumstance". Ive been proven wrong on here before. Hopefully one day Manster you'll be man enough to know when you're right AND when youre wrong. Its actually liberating. Maybe one day you wont be so friggin insecure.

PE1, you can say I may have over exaggerated with the unstoppable comment but did you or did you not say film won't make a difference because the league already has enough film on Foles and have already had the time to plan for him?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
manster, I may have over reacted too. I'm apologizing for going so hard after you. No excuses but just a frustrating day. Teams will always watch videos to slow down other teams. If it didn't work they wouldn't do it. The NFL has tons of tape on Foles and will continue to study him. What I was saying is many teams all ready have tape on Foles so he is all ready been game planned for. I'm sure with more study teams will find more flaws or tips. What I was saying about our Offense is that it isn't some new fluke Style that will get shut down from film study. It might regress especially with the loss of our field stretcher. What I said Is they have a traditional offense that focuses on the run first and foremost. I was trying to say, and so was SI, that it won't be ruined after teams watch it because it's been around forever outside of the quick snapping. People were implying that it was some flukey college O that will be gone soon. It isn't that at all. It's been around for decades and no one has made it useless yet. Teams will 100% find clues and tips but it won't be foiled via film study. Foles has proven nothing yet so he can be foiled... But the offense won't. Again, I have always respected you and sorry for being so hyper-sensitive earlier.

Last edited by a moderator:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
manster, I may have over reacted too. I'm apologizing for going so hard after you. No excuses but just a frustrating day. Teams will always watch videos to slow down other teams. If it didn't work they wouldn't do it. The NFL has tons of tape on Foles and will continue to study him. What I was saying is many teams all ready have tape on Foles so he is all ready been game planned for. I'm sure with more study teams will find more flaws or tips. What I was saying about our Offense is that it isn't some new fluke Style that will get shut down from film study. It might regress especially with the loss of our field stretcher. What I said Is they have a traditional offense that focuses on the run first and foremost. I was trying to say, and so was SI, that it won't be ruined after teams watch it because it's been around forever outside of the quick snapping. People were implying that it was some flukey college O that will be gone soon. It isn't that at all. It's been around for decades and no one has made it useless yet. Teams will 100% find clues and tips but it won't be foiled via film study. Foles has proven nothing yet so he can be foiled... But the offense won't. Again, I have always respected you and sorry for being so hyper-sensitive earlier.

Your offense being a fluke or not has very little to do with my take on film study. DC's study to try and find Kellys tendencies. They will study every part of Foles game, they will make adjustment in game prep and plans to try to take away the easiest part of the game for both. When I first mentioned off season game film you discounted it is like a used McDonald's burger wrapper. I'm not sure how any football fan could completely act the way you did, considering how many times rookies came in looking like sure HOF's year one than looking like UDFA the next. Teams will study and adjust to what Philly and Foles did last year and they in turn will study film to try and counter the defense. Take RGIII for example. Granted his injury played a part in his digression but odds are high so did the defensive adjustments. In my opinion year 3 is when you find out what kind of QB you have.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joseph Santoliquito
Philadelphia, PA (CBS) — In the days following DeSean Jackson’s release by the Eagles, speculation ran rampant as to the reasons why. Everything was to blame from Jackson’s petulant, rambunctious sideline behavior, to his alleged gang ties, to Jackson’s character, to this being Chip Kelly’s fault.
But what a number of sources close to and around the team, including current and former players, as well as additional sources within the Eagles revealed was that Jackson was not very well liked by his teammates, was blatantly insubordinate, with temper tantrums cussing out Kelly several times in front of the team, pushed the NFL rookie coach the way “a child would test boundaries,” and was more concerned with his rap label than he was about winning football games.
Several other sources also suggested that Jeremy Maclin may have had an issue if Jackson returned to the Eagles in 2014. He wasn’t alone, if that’s true.
“The fact is, [Jackson] was a ‘me-guy’ with an attitude problem and [Maclin] is the complete opposite, a team guy, a great character guy you go to war with,” said one source. “Funny how [Jackson] has this anti-bully thing and he thought he could push [Kelly] around; he found out otherwise. His being cut had nothing to do with the gang stuff. The team knew it. Everyone knew he had ‘ties.’ Those were his guys. That’s okay. What put him out was his selfishness. He can try and spin it all he wants how he’s ‘a team player.’ He’s not. I’ll put it this way, when it came out last Friday that [Jackson] was released, more than a few guys were happy it happened. They said ‘good riddance.’ He had no real connection with anyone.
“Yes, you can say he was the type that could catch three TDs in a loss—everyone would be down, but you had the impression he was happy, because he got his. It was all about him. A lot of guys thought that way about him. [Kelly] came in here with a plan to get this thing right, and the one major [obstacle] standing in his way was [Jackson]. If we were going to move forward as a team, he had to go. Think about it—did anyone come right out and back him publicly? Not one.”
Why didn’t Andy Reid or Marty Mornhinweg, the Jets’ offensive coordinator, want any part of Jackson before he signed a three-year, $24-million contract with the Redskins on Wednesday?
They apparently knew the potential headache Jackson was.
Kelly received some culpability in the opinion of some. But numerous sources confirmed that “Big Balls” Chip should have been canonized St. Chip after putting up with the instigating Jackson in 2013.
“You see little kids and how they cry and whine when they don’t get their way, that was D-Jax,” another source said. “I don’t think [Jackson] gave [Kelly] the respect he deserved. Kelly tried to reach [Jackson] plenty of times and [Jackson] tuned him out. Then you look at team functions, when everyone is out together at charity things or social stuff. He was the one missing. It was like he was in ‘D-Jax world’ and we just happened to be there.
“With Reid, [Jackson] tried pushing boundaries there, too, but he looked at Reid, I think, much differently than he looked at [Kelly]. Reid came in with an NFL pedigree. He was the guy that drafted [Jackson]. He was the one that called him on draft day and laid the law down right then: [Reid] wouldn’t tolerate any outside interference from anyone. Now you get this college guy [Kelly] and he’s not going to tell [Jackson] what to do. [Kelly] has a vision for this team—and he is a very old-school coach in a lot of ways. But there’s only so much [a coach] can take.”
In 2012, under Reid, Eagles’ management did reward Jackson a new five-year deal worth $48 million. He did have some minor flare ups with the law. In 2009, Jackson was pulled over by police for having illegally tinted windows and it was discovered he had marijuana in the car.
Still, Jackson stayed.
“That was all [Reid’s] doing,” opined someone close to the situation that asked that his name not be used. “[Reid] thought he could control [Jackson]. He could, to a degree. Kelly put up with [Jackson] behind closed doors. A lot of guys didn’t like how he talked to [Kelly]. And a lot of guys just didn’t like him. They thought he was too into his rap label than he was about winning games. The guy performed, there’s no questioning that. But you had to keep a constant eye on him. Guys put in extra time. He didn’t. It’s like he never grew up.”
Asked why the Eagles have been reluctant to go public with how difficult Jackson was to deal with, sources said Kelly likes to keep in-house dirt in-house.
“That’s [Kelly’s] way,” said one source. “It pisses me off that [Kelly] comes off looking like the bad guy here. It wasn’t just [Kelly] that wanted him gone. [Kelly] got a lot of feedback from guys that felt we were better off without [Jackson], too. [Kelly] is very much a player’s coach. His office is open to anyone. Now [Jackson] is the Redskins’ problem. We have something good going here and it’s going to get better without [Jackson]. He had to go.”
Joseph Santoliquito is a contributing sports blogger for CBS Philly.

If all this is true. Chip Kelley might have a lockerroom stronger & more willing to push for wins. I don't know if they have a speed guy to take D-Jax position, but if they find a suitable replacement. They could be better (on offense) than last year.
Pretty bad when your own teammates don't want nothing to do with you & are glad you are gone.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still have no clue why an eagle fan gets so upset about comments made by cowboy fans on the cowboy chat board. I also could give a rats ass what said eagle fan thinks of the posters here. For years now...it's always been about the freaking drama this guy spins. Now it's calling people liars and reporting how the quality of their post have gone downhill. WOW....You sure appointed yourself somebody and frankly, YOU AREN'T....(should I bold that?)

Here's a plan PE1....avoid my posts, maybe use that ignore button because I've never given two thoughts to your bias opinions of the eagles stated on the cowboy board, nor your kiss up back handed compliments seeking a return compliment. You remain confused at best.

you slapped down your hot sports opinion on me...so I return the serve.
You've never mattered to me. It's always seemed like an agenda to me.

ONWARD

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ONWARD[/QUOTE]

What no (through the Fog) :)

I hate that the draft is so far away now too much down time

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at all the negative attention that has started already with this signing. His production can never make up for the drama & distractions that you have to deal with.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who couldnt be happier

Eagles have one less weapon

Skins have one MORE distraction and another ME player

I feel better and better about the season daily

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that since Schmoopy posted that article the comments in all of the different threads discussing DJax about how he isn't a bad teammate and wont be a problem and about how there is no substance to any of this stopped dead...I think that is what you call a "check mate"...

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that since Schmoopy posted that article the comments in all of the different threads discussing DJax about how he isn't a bad teammate and wont be a problem and about how there is no substance to any of this stopped dead...I think that is what you call a "check mate"...

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manster, did you even read anything I wrote? What you wrote after what I said makes absolutely no sense. I said teams will do film study. I said Foles has proven NOTHING. The ONLY thing I said. And read this again.. THE ONLY THING I SAID was there were some people on this board saying the Eagles O was a fluke college O that will be solved through film study. I said they are completely wrong because there is absolutely nothing fluke or college like about this offense. Did you even read what I wrote?

PDay, there is no drama going on here that is out of line. Thats all these boards really are for. People giving their view points. I have NEVER been biased towards the Eagles. NEVER. That is complete garbage cause Ive ripped the Eagles more then Ive complemented them. THats a cop out and again a FLAT OUT LIE FROM YOU.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still have no clue why an eagle fan gets so upset about comments made by cowboy fans on the cowboy chat board. I also could give a rats ass what said eagle fan thinks of the posters here. For years now...it's always been about the freaking drama this guy spins. Now it's calling people liars and reporting how the quality of their post have gone downhill. WOW....You sure appointed yourself somebody and frankly, YOU AREN'T....(should I bold that?)

So I guess you want this board to only be Cowboy fans and have no opinions from around the league. Sounds like an awesome board. It seems weird that you'd only care about what a Cowboy fan says and not any other team. I dont get why? Nobody in the NFL understands it or has views except for Cowboy fans. Makes no sense to me but whatever.

Here's a plan PE1....avoid my posts, maybe use that ignore button because I've never given two thoughts to your bias opinions of the eagles stated on the cowboy board, nor your kiss up back handed compliments seeking a return compliment. You remain confused at best.

You've never given two thoughts about me? Whaaaat. Are you kidding. Why would you make up a lie about ME going thru the roof when you called Desean Jackson a gangster 3 years ago. Why are you posting about ME right now. It seems you give a TON of thought to what I say to you and others. And whats my biased opinion? THe only opinion I gave is the Eagles O isnt a college, fluke system. I guess its biased cause I have major sport magazines saying the exact thing I said right.

you slapped down your hot sports opinion on me...so I return the serve.
You've never mattered to me. It's always seemed like an agenda to me.

Whats the agenda? I've always been fair and unbiased. Ive ripped the Eagles more then you. Ive complimented the Cowboys a ton. But when a few posters say this is a gimmick offense that will be shut down with film study and I disagree with facts and support from NFL writers that means Im biased and have an agenda. WEAK!

ONWARD

Onward to what? Just admit it. I come on here completely objective. I admit when Im wrong. But when Im right you melt down and say I have an agenda and that Im biased. THat does annoy me cause Ive NEVER been biased. And if I am biased at least Im not a liar.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
see....drama
and guess what ass wipe, I didn't lie. Darn good thing those Disney threads are gone

Walk Tall

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.. 3 years ago you came out and said I know something the entire nation doesnt know. Desean is a crip. Then I flew through the roof. Never happened bro. Why would I even get mad if you said that? Nice attempt in trying to make all of us look like fools that we had no idea but you knew years and years ago.

"The Eagles O will be gone once teams can watch film of that flukey college O"
"No it wont because there is nothing flukey about it. Its a run first team and there is nothing unique"
Sports Illustrated "This is not a gimmick O, its been around for decades"
PDAY "Youre a drama queen"

Brilliant, just brilliant. Like I said, when Im wrong I man up and admit it. When youre wrong you go down the "youre a drama queen" route.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Nick can I get in on this??

I wanna be on record as saying ..... your offense will be figured out and exposed

I also want to be on record as saying Foles has enough tape on him ..... No Chance in hell he has that TD to Int ratio again

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you can't get in this. Haha. I am interested in what you have to say. Off course Foles won't have that ratio again. I keep saying he hasn't proven a thing and could totally come back to earth. I am interested in hearing how this offense will be shut down. Why I'm really interested in hearing it is because it's been around for 75 years. The Eagles O might not be as good because it's driven by players. If some of our better O player get hurt it could not be as effective. But I'm very interested in how film review is going to end effectively running the ball will never be a part of the NFL anymore. So you're gonna to have to explain how video is going to do away with good OLinemen and good running backs. Essentially you're going to have to explain how video is going to make the run game disappear from the NFL forever.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is nothing different from the Eagles O then the entire league. The Sport Illustrated article says the same thing. There's nothing that film can do to eradicate what the entire league is doing anyway. It's the same O the early 90s Cowboy ran. Tell me how video is going to eradicate a team that runs the ball 60% of the time and runs misdirection plays and a variety of screens. The Eagles aren't doing anything different then anyone else. The have a good OLine and a star RB. Tell me how video ends that.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you can't get in this. Haha. I am interested in what you have to say. Off course Foles won't have that ratio again. I keep saying he hasn't proven a thing and could totally come back to earth. I am interested in hearing how this offense will be shut down. Why I'm really interested in hearing it is because it's been around for 75 years. The Eagles O might not be as good because it's driven by players. If some of our better O player get hurt it could not be as effective. But I'm very interested in how film review is going to end effectively running the ball will never be a part of the NFL anymore. So you're gonna to have to explain how video is going to do away with good OLinemen and good running backs. Essentially you're going to have to explain how video is going to make the run game disappear from the NFL forever.

believe you just answered your own question. More tape on the offense with the personnel you will use (minus D-Jax)
You can have 17 teams with the same offense. Depending on personnel they will all have different strengths & weaknesses in that same offense. DCs figure that out on a per team bases, not off just the offense used. They now have more tape on these players playing this offense. Some of which were unknowns last year. Including how the Eagles coaches would call the game in different situations. DCs now will have a better chance to guess the play more correctly & as you even admitted. The QB wont have the same ratio of TD/INT which will not help the offense.
Don't think people are saying the offense is gonna suck, but DC's will be better well planned for the offense. How you can possibly deny this is beyond me. just like I don't think Foles will suck either, but no way he is as good as last year.
I guess you can claim the eagles have the perfect offense with the perfect personnel, in which case all defensive planning is futile. Is this the point you are making?

Otherwise you have to agree that given enough time DCs always figure out offenses. With whatever personnel.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

well nah it goes farther than that

Here's what a year of tape shows ..... that nothing else does

which receiver does he goto in pressure ... Is it his 1st look his 3rd or who he has his eyes on when he feels it

do the Eagles run on 2nd and 8 or pass 3rd and 4 run or pass

Every team runs the same plays ...... different names for them but basically same plays

Tape shows how often and in which situations ..... 1 year later means ALOT at the NFL level

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.. 3 years ago you came out and said I know something the entire nation doesnt know. Desean is a crip. Then I flew through the roof. Never happened bro. Why would I even get mad if you said that? Nice attempt in trying to make all of us look like fools that we had no idea but you knew years and years ago.

"The Eagles O will be gone once teams can watch film of that flukey college O"
"No it wont because there is nothing flukey about it. Its a run first team and there is nothing unique"
Sports Illustrated "This is not a gimmick O, its been around for decades"
PDAY "Youre a drama queen"

Brilliant, just brilliant. Like I said, when Im wrong I man up and admit it. When youre wrong you go down the "youre a drama queen" route.

try to read this slowly. I haven't been proven wrong yet and YOU make shit up
I called Jackson a gang banger and you went straight through the roof. Nowhere did I say he was a gangster or a member of a gang. Just the term based on his thug ways and being a loud mouth.

Now again ass wipe...find one post where I called anything about Kelly's offense. You can't cause I've stated from day one that Kelly was a solid coach and reminds me of Johnson, cause he don't give a shit. Talk about making shit up.

AGAIN ...avoid the opinion and pull your lace panties up