• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

D Jax

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redskins agreed to terms with WR DeSean Jackson on a three-year, $24 million contract with $16 million guaranteed.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This imo is a good move for the Skins; If RG3 is healthy the Skins will be a very dangerous team. It all hinges on his health though. I agree that DJax is not a number one but he can stretch the field and RG3's best ball is his deep ball. If the young TE from FL stays healthy they imo will have the best offense in the division.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This imo is a good move for the Skins; If RG3 is healthy the Skins will be a very dangerous team. It all hinges on his health though. I agree that DJax is not a number one but he can stretch the field and RG3's best ball is his deep ball. If the young TE from FL stays healthy they imo will have the best offense in the division.

They have all the smurf weapons in the world, but if they don't upgrade that Oline it wont matter.......

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG3, the name change, and now D Jackson. The media spotlight will be way to intense on things other then winning ball games.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have all the smurf weapons in the world, but if they don't upgrade that Oline it wont matter.......

They will likely address their OL in the draft and they still need to improve a lot on defense. In this division though their draw backs won't cripple them I'm not saying they're a SB team at all and I know the Skins are enemy #1, but they just became a lot closer to being a contender in this division alone imo. We better have another good draft and get better against the run because there will be no stacking the box against the Skins to try and stop the run. I think on the other hand that the Eagles may know be the 3rd best team in the division again. RG3 will kill with the option pass that he loves so much. We better get a Disciplined S with ball skills back there asap.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Skins signing Jax does it cause a ripple effect within the division on how aggressive we might be in the draft? Making Jerry wanna play around a little and land a big fish? Or can he sit tight and stay the course. I personally I don't wanna move up cause we need every pick we have and I don't trust Jerry Trading back. I certainly don't wanna give up one of next years picks cause if we stink this year talking 8-8 or worse I would like to be able to try and draft the qb of the future.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares as long as he isn't a Cowboy, I hope he does go to the skins and starts his me first BS right away.

He will have a quiet offseason, saying all the right things. Just wait until they start losing, or they have a QB controversy again, or he doesn't feel he is getting enough looks.

Next offseason will be when the fireworks start, when he starts looking for more guaranteed money.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Skins signing Jax does it cause a ripple effect within the division on how aggressive we might be in the draft? Making Jerry wanna play around a little and land a big fish? Or can he sit tight and stay the course. I personally I don't wanna move up cause we need every pick we have and I don't trust Jerry Trading back. I certainly don't wanna give up one of next years picks cause if we stink this year talking 8-8 or worse I would like to be able to try and draft the qb of the future.

If it makes him make a move, hopefully that move is "do I need DL first now, or S/CB?".

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am guessing he starts pouting next season and says he is underpaid

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it makes him make a move, hopefully that move is "do I need DL first now, or S/CB?".
:agree:We need to go all defense this draft we need to find a S/CB along with the obvious DL needs.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Redskins signing D Jax would cause Jerry to change his draft strategy and try to land a "big fish" in the draft? I don't get it. Let's hope we aren't that dumb. Also, D Jax isn't that great of a player. You could say we look more for DBs because of the signing, but even that doesn't make sense to me. He came from Philly so it's a wash, right? Also, the Giants go into this year behind where they were last year because of Nicks. I'd say we are lucky that the WRs in our division are not that great. Wash is solid with two low #1, high #2 type guys. NYG have a #1 and a "?" in Randle. Philly on paper as of today probably has the worst WRs in the league.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Redskins signing D Jax would cause Jerry to change his draft strategy and try to land a "big fish" in the draft? I don't get it. Let's hope we aren't that dumb. Also, D Jax isn't that great of a player. You could say we look more for DBs because of the signing, but even that doesn't make sense to me. He came from Philly so it's a wash, right? Also, the Giants go into this year behind where they were last year because of Nicks. I'd say we are lucky that the WRs in our division are not that great. Wash is solid with two low #1, high #2 type guys. NYG have a #1 and a "?" in Randle. Philly on paper as of today probably has the worst WRs in the league.

Not so much change his entire draft Strategy, but more apt to make a move maybe, We are talking about Jerry Jones who tells us every year for the past 10 at least that we are still contending for a championship. The Galloway trade, the Williams trade, The List goes on. Jerry wan't to dominate on the field, but in the press too. I would not be shocked at all if Jerry tries to make a big play in the draft. Now is that a result of the skins no acquisition who knows. Anyone imo who doesn't think the skins have gotten significantly better on offense is wrong imo. As far as the Eagles and the Giants I agree and I referenced that in an earlier post. I don't believe that was a crazy opinion with JJ's track record.:suds:

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this is a knee jerk over reaction on my part, but today not counting the draft, The Skins may be better as a whole over the Cowboys. I hate the Giants more than I hate the Skins, but this bothers the hell out of me. It all Hindges on RG3 health though. I think Romo, Dez, and Witten or better than anything the Skins have, but as a team I think the Skins could be better.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this is a knee jerk over reaction on my part, but today not counting the draft, The Skins may be better as a whole over the Cowboys. I hate the Giants more than I hate the Skins, but this bothers the hell out of me. It all Hindges on RG3 health though. I think Romo, Dez, and Witten or better than anything the Skins have, but as a team I think the Skins could be better.

Why do you think this. They added s DT who wasn't all that great in the 3-4 and a WR we dealt with already. They were worse than we were last seasonal and that was with us using 20 DLmen. Not including the rash of injuries with the rest of the D.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so much change his entire draft Strategy, but more apt to make a move maybe, We are talking about Jerry Jones who tells us every year for the past 10 at least that we are still contending for a championship. The Galloway trade, the Williams trade, The List goes on. Jerry wan't to dominate on the field, but in the press too. I would not be shocked at all if Jerry tries to make a big play in the draft. Now is that a result of the skins no acquisition who knows. Anyone imo who doesn't think the skins have gotten significantly better on offense is wrong imo. As far as the Eagles and the Giants I agree and I referenced that in an earlier post. I don't believe that was a crazy opinion with JJ's track record.:suds:

Their offense is only significantly better if RG3 significantly improves as a passer. If having a great WR were so important, the Lions would make the playoffs every year. There's no question that DJax makes them better on paper, but the Redskins' offense will only go where RG3 takes them. If we added DJax, I would say the exact same thing.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you think this. They added s DT who wasn't all that great in the 3-4 and a WR we dealt with already. They were worse than we were last seasonal and that was with us using 20 DLmen. Not including the rash of injuries with the rest of the D.

Because we both suck o defense it will probably have the worse defense in the NFL for the 2nd year in a row. I don't know maybe I need to lol take a break Them Signing Jax has clearly raddled me. I'm so tired of losing.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their offense is only significantly better if RG3 significantly improves as a passer. If having a great WR were so important, the Lions would make the playoffs every year. There's no question that DJax makes them better on paper, but the Redskins' offense will only go where RG3 takes them. If we added DJax, I would say the exact same thing.

"If having a great WR were so important, the Lions would make the playoffs every year". That's the only thing you said that I have to disagree with, because The division the Lions play in is better from top to bottom and I think the NFCE played a tuffer schedule then the north so it's all kinds off variables that affect that.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's been over a year since the Redskins won an NFC East game. A knee jerk reaction indeed.