• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

D Jax

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Fans everywhere please calm down"

LOL....soon everyone will say pitch a tent over that circus

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Fans everywhere please calm down"

LOL....soon everyone will say pitch a tent over that circus

Jersey numbers seem to be a hot topic @ Skids Park. Ryan Clark wants to wear #21 in practice, but the organization & fans aren't onboard....

#No one does DRAMA better

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson is one dimensional. His ego does not match the production on the field. I just don't see the skins contending for the division,especially when you have a qb that has a severe knee injury and on top of that he is easily concussed. Hatcher to me is best in a 4-3. The skins overpaid if Hatcher is stuck in a 3-4 again.

enkay21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Louis Riddick ‏@LRiddickESPN 6m
Specific/significant default language tied into D.Jackson's contract concerning his gtd $. Long story short: #Redskins protected themselves.
Details

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Specific/significant default language tied into D.Jackson's contract concerning his gtd $. Long story short: #Redskins protected themselves.
Details

do they get their G-Money back if he holds out after this year?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do they get their G-Money back if he holds out after this year?

OK I know Im outside the smack talk thread. But to answer your question.... $7.5 million of his guaranteed money is tied up in per game bonuses. Meaning its guaranteed as long as he is on the active roster. BUT.. and here is the biggie, if he is suspended, or cut the $234,375 does not get paid. Its a per games played bonus thats fully guaranteed as long as he takes a snap or is available to play. He still gets it if he is a healthy scratch (unless he is suspended by the team or the league)

$5 million signing bonus fully guaranteed
Base in 2014 and 2015 fully guaranteed $4.75
Per game bonus for 2015 and 2016 $7.5 million total fully guaranteed for everything but suspension or release.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Schmoopy.. I was a little off on my numbers. Only $2.75 million of his base in 2015 is fully guaranteed. the rest is accurate though.

So total its $16 million fully guaranteed against everything but league/team discipline. Its actually kind of weird that they spread the game guarantees into 2016. But basically he will make $7.5 this year and count $4.25 against the cap. If he stays out of trouble he makes basically all his money, if not the Skins are semi protected.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK I know Im outside the smack talk thread. But to answer your question.... $7.5 million of his guaranteed money is tied up in per game bonuses. Meaning its guaranteed as long as he is on the active roster. BUT.. and here is the biggie, if he is suspended, or cut the $234,375 does not get paid. Its a per games played bonus thats fully guaranteed as long as he takes a snap or is available to play. He still gets it if he is a healthy scratch (unless he is suspended by the team or the league)

$5 million signing bonus fully guaranteed
Base in 2014 and 2015 fully guaranteed $4.75
Per game bonus for 2015 and 2016 $7.5 million total fully guaranteed for everything but suspension or release.
so if he decides he is worth a gazillion dollars & holds out. You wont have to pay him. That is a pretty smart contract.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so if he decides he is worth a gazillion dollars & holds out. You wont have to pay him. That is a pretty smart contract.

If he decides to hold out in 2015, we still have to pay the $2.75 million in fully guaranteed base. But the per game, active roster and workout bonuses only count if he is working.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Details

Protect themselves? Why? He is a team player, has no gang ties, has never had an off the field problem, model citizen...now all of a sudden they need o protect themselves? Which is it?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Protect themselves? Why? He is a team player, has no gang ties, has never had an off the field problem, model citizen...now all of a sudden they need o protect themselves? Which is it?

Crickets

and humble too

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson is one dimensional. His ego does not match the production on the field. I just don't see the skins contending for the division,especially when you have a qb that has a severe knee injury and on top of that he is easily concussed. Hatcher to me is best in a 4-3. The skins overpaid if Hatcher is stuck in a 3-4 again.

Desean is multi dimensional... screen, end arounds, great deep threats, quick slants. The minute he walks on the field safeties slide back 10 yards. He is not the best WR in the league but he is excellent. I see some people saying he isnt top 20 but he was 6th in the league in yards on a run first team. I really dont understand how this "one dimensional" label got started. He is a terror all over the field. The only player ever to make the pro bowl at 2 positions yets he is one dimensional???

TODAYS Sports Illustrated. Article on the Eagles QUOTE "Jacksons damage was set up primarily on bubble screens, swing passes, wheel routes, shallow crosses".

Desean lead the Eagles who were the #1 team in YAC'. Of the 80 plays of 20 yards or longer only 28 came on passes of more then 20 yards. It is a fallacy to think Desean is one dimensional. He is tremendously multi dimensional. Hes just not a great blocker or great against the press.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is another thing from todays Sports Illustrated that I mentioned before and people laughed at me. The offense isn't a gimmick and wont be foiled by video review.

"Perhaps the biggest misconception in pro football is that Kellys offense is revoluntionary. (Biggest supporting misconception: Opponents will "figure out" Kelly's offense after studying it). In actuality the Eagles dont run many plays that the NFL hasnt seen before, and they tilt more toward the basic than complex. Their repository of mostly zone based tactics features heavy doses of misdirection and either/or options that create conflicts of assignment for defenders. Principles of the system include myriad screens, multi-level crossing patterns, seam routes married to deep outside dig and post routes, and zone runs seasoned with read-option elements. A TYPICAL NFL OFFENSE. Kellys playbook is thinner, not thicker then most.

Last edited by a moderator:

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is another thing from todays Sports Illustrated that I mentioned before and people laughed at me. The offense isn't a gimmick and wont be foiled by video review.

"Perhaps the biggest misconception in pro football is that Kellys offense is revoluntionary. (Biggest supporting misconception: Opponents will "figure out" Kelly's offense after studying it). In actuality the Eagles dont run many plays that the NFL hasnt seen before, and they tilt more toward the basic than complex. Their repository of mostly zone based tactics features heavy doses of misdirection and either/or options that create conflicts of assignment for defenders. Principles of the system include myriad screens, multi-level crossing patterns, seam routes married to deep outside dig and post routes, and zone runs seasoned with read-option elements. A TYPICAL NFL OFFENSE. Kellys playbook is thinner, not thicker then most.

don't know about others, but my point of DC's getting game tape. Isnt about Kelly's offense, but film on the Eagles unknown QB last year. But about Kelly's offense. It isn't about how complex or different the plays were. It was about the speed he was trying to run the plays defenses had to adjust too. But my point is DC's getting a better idea on how to play Nick Foles not Chip Kelly.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't know about others, but my point of DC's getting game tape. Isnt about Kelly's offense, but film on the Eagles unknown QB last year. But about Kelly's offense. It isn't about how complex or different the plays were. It was about the speed he was trying to run the plays defenses had to adjust too. But my point is DC's getting a better idea on how to play Nick Foles not Chip Kelly.

But teams already have enough film on Foles. It won't matter how much DC's study it. The Eagles offense will be unstoppable. I'm surprised DC'd ever look at film, it does absolutely no good. Just a complete waste of rimr.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But teams already have enough film on Foles. It won't matter how much DC's study it. The Eagles offense will be unstoppable. I'm surprised DC'd ever look at film, it does absolutely no good. Just a complete waste of rimr.

my bad. Guess I will never learn. :)

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never got what upset people (well really just Eagles fans) about the idea that other teams watching film of them will make it harder for them to do the same things they did the previous week or year. This has nothing to do with gimmicks or "flavor of the month" offenses. It's simply about recognizing tendencies and what other teams do well and how to stop them. It's naive to think this won't be the case for ANY team. Why the Hell do teams watch tape in the first place if not to prepare to stop the other team?

If you don't think analyzing plays like when they put McCoy out in space on one side of the field and D Jax (maybe now Sproles) on the other and then throw to the bigger mismatch will help defenses you are crazy. Don't say they didn't run that play, because they ran it against Dallas. If your secondary is left scrambling or in our case you end up with a LB on one of them you are in trouble. When you are ready for the play, you are better prepared to defend it. Kelly may run mostly "standard" plays, but it's the ones like this that result in mismatches and possible big gains. When you have an explosive player the defense needs to know what to expect ahead of time (if possible) or they are in trouble. Also, often other teams find out simple things when watching tape: Which guys do they run behind in short yardage, what is likely to happen when they line a WR up in the backfield, which throws does a QB struggle with, where does he go with pressure in his face, what does the team likely do when they lineup with 3 WRs on one side of the ball, what do they do when they bring in 3 TEs, what did Dallas do in the first game (if anyhting) that made Foles play so poorly, how does he recognize certain blitzes or coverages changes....everything every team does nowadays is studied...

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Numerous sources tell CBS Philly that DeSean Jackson was "blatantly insubordinate" and "not very well liked by his teammates" with the Eagles, leading to his release before signing with Washington.
CBS Philly reports Jackson threw "temper tantrums cussing out (Chip) Kelly several times in front of the team," and was "more concerned with his rap label" than winning football games. The dislike among teammates would seem to be confirmed by their dispassionate reactions to his departure. "I’ll put it this way, when it came out last Friday that [Jackson] was released," said one source, "more than a few guys were happy it happened. They said ‘good riddance.’"
Related: Eagles
Source: CBS Philadelphia Apr 4 - 2:03 PM

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Another quality poster going down the tubes. Nobody said Phillys offense will be unstoppable. But there were about 5 people saying Chips offense will go down the tubes like the run and shoot and the wild cat because of video taping exposes gimmick offenses.

THe video taping works both ways too. Philly will watch video on what are teams are doing and adjust to that. You really sound like a little 5 year old pouting Manster. All that I was trying to say was that there is absolutely nothing gimmicky about our Offense. I also said we are a run team first and that has survived for 75 years. Now I see an article in SI saying the EXACT thing I said and you have to try and put words in my mouth. If the tables were turned and you came up with things that refuted what I believed Im secure enough and man enough to say, "Hmmmm, maybe a wasn't right in this circumstance". Ive been proven wrong on here before. Hopefully one day Manster you'll be man enough to know when you're right AND when youre wrong. Its actually liberating. Maybe one day you wont be so friggin insecure.