• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

D Jax

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this after rereading my post I am kind of freaking out because of this signing so, Manster, Earl, Jarntt and the rest of the fellas i'm going to calm down not that I don't believe everything i'm saying but we still have a draft and anything can happen throughout the course of the year.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"If having a great WR were so important, the Lions would make the playoffs every year". That's the only thing you said that I have to disagree with, because The division the Lions play in is better from top to bottom and I think the NFCE played a tuffer schedule then the north so it's all kinds off variables that affect that.

The NFC North was terrible last year and the division was handed to the Lions on a silver platter and they still failed. The NFC North is vastly overrated and the Packers are the only consistent team in it.

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their offense is only significantly better if RG3 significantly improves as a passer. If having a great WR were so important, the Lions would make the playoffs every year. There's no question that DJax makes them better on paper, but the Redskins' offense will only go where RG3 takes them. If we added DJax, I would say the exact same thing.

Even if Jackson doesn't have a great year, he opens things up for other receivers, rg3, oh and Morris. Yes, we've dealt with him before, but he will help them win games this year.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if Jackson doesn't have a great year, he opens things up for other receivers, rg3, oh and Morris. Yes, we've dealt with him before, but he will help them win games this year.

He will if everyone around him stays upright. I thought the skins would win 6 games last year and they won 3 so yes....they could win 6/7 games this year. Is the skins oline ready for that big jump?

I'm sorry, I don't see this as a missing piece. I think at the very best this could be a T. Owens type signing. AT THE VERY BEST.

how did that work out?

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will if everyone around him stays upright. I thought the skins would win 6 games last year and they won 3 so yes....they could win 6/7 games this year. Is the skins oline ready for that big jump?

I'm sorry, I don't see this as a missing piece. I think at the very best this could be a T. Owens type signing. AT THE VERY BEST.

how did that work out?

Oh, I'm not saying it's going to make them SB contenders, or even make the playoffs. But, in a division with so many question marks and any team in it can compete, this will help them do that.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their offense is only significantly better if RG3 significantly improves as a passer. If having a great WR were so important, the Lions would make the playoffs every year. There's no question that DJax makes them better on paper, but the Redskins' offense will only go where RG3 takes them. If we added DJax, I would say the exact same thing.

Oh, I'm not saying it's going to make them SB contenders, or even make the playoffs. But, in a division with so many question marks and any team in it can compete, this will help them do that.
:agree:That's all iv'e been saying If some who are in full disagreement with me have fully read my previous post my main point was or the Skins a SB contender? No. Can they now when what many believe is the weakest divison in football next to the AFC South? Absolutely

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I understand where you are coming from, but Cowboy fans said the exact same thing about Roy Williams. We even said the same thing about Terrell Owens. Dolphin fans said the same thing about Mike Wallace. Bear fans said the same thing about Brandon Marshall. Viking fans said the same thing about Greg Jennings. I can go further. Vincent Jackson..Bucs. Santiono Holmes..Jets. Brandon Lloyd..Pats. You see a theme here? Getting good WRs from trades or in free agency look good on paper but it hasn't translated to much success. It says a lot to me when Santonio Holmes is the only player I mentioned that has won a playoff game with his new team besides Williams who won one as a role player rather than the stud #1 or #2 he was supposed to be. And keep in mind Santiono Holmes has not sniffed 1000 receiving yards once as a Jet. Getting DJax is good in theory for the Redskins, but let's see if actually means anything when it's already been proven on numerous occasions that getting good WRs from free agency or trade has had a marginal effect on a team "winning games."

There's a reason why great organizations do not overpay for wide receivers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are entitled to that opinion. But I believe RG3's progression hinges more on what they will do in this division this season than signing an overrated WR.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not the least bit worried about Jackson

Been there done that seen this same story with the skins over and over and over and over .... ever since Danny Boy took over the team.

Never works out for the skins

In fact I expect it will make RG3 worse. Cause Jakson will be in his ear yelling get me the ball and Rg3 will start forcing the ball to him

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand where you are coming from, but Cowboy fans said the exact same thing about Roy Williams. We even said the same thing about Terrell Owens. Dolphin fans said the same thing about Mike Wallace. Bear fans said the same thing about Brandon Marshall. Viking fans said the same thing about Greg Jennings. I can go further. Vincent Jackson..Bucs. Santiono Holmes..Jets. Brandon Lloyd..Pats. You see a theme here? Getting good WRs from trades or in free agency look good on paper but it hasn't translated to much success. It says a lot to me when Santonio Holmes is the only player I mentioned that has won a playoff game with his new team besides Williams who won one as a role player rather than the stud #1 or #2 he was supposed to be. And keep in mind Santiono Holmes has not sniffed 1000 receiving yards once as a Jet. Getting DJax is good in theory for the Redskins, but let's see if actually means anything when it's already been proven on numerous occasions that getting good WRs from free agency or trade has had a marginal effect on a team "winning games."

There's a reason why great organizations do not overpay for wide receivers.

Great counter argument, can't argue with those points. It really al depends on will RG3 get better.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because we both suck o defense it will probably have the worse defense in the NFL for the 2nd year in a row. I don't know maybe I need to lol take a break Them Signing Jax has clearly raddled me. I'm so tired of losing.

Why? He probably isn't a top 20 WR in the league. What Wash needs is RGIII to play like a good QB. If he plays like he did two years ago they will be in the mix for the division with or without D Jax. If he plays like he did last year they will finish in last place. The most important development if you think D Jaxs is that good is that the team that won the division last year just lost him and their starting WRs are as of today Cooper and Maclin, who is coming off a huge injury. This whole D Jax saga has helped our chances in 2014 if you ask me...

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? He probably isn't a top 20 WR in the league. What Wash needs is RGIII to play like a good QB. If he plays like he did two years ago they will be in the mix for the division with or without D Jax. If he plays like he did last year they will finish in last place. The most important development if you think D Jaxs is that good is that the team that won the division last year just lost him and their starting WRs are as of today Cooper and Maclin, who is coming off a huge injury. This whole D Jax saga has helped our chances in 2014 if you ask me...

We all agree on one thing if RG3 doesn't become a better passer of the ball and at reading defenses signing Jax won't help them get over the hump. If this was Madden then yes they would be dangerous :lol:

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are entitled to that opinion. But I believe RG3's progression hinges more on what they will do in this division this season than signing an overrated WR.

No doubt does it all hinge on RG3. But if he does progress, he has a nice new weapon.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow to this from DeAngelo Hall. He got one thing right. No better place for this than the Nation's Capitol:

"He's the right kind of guy we need in our locker room. Fierce competitor and player, but great guy and humble guy that wants nothing more then to show people the real him,'' Redskins veteran cornerback DeAngelo Hall texted USA TODAY Sports. "And there's no better place then in the nation's Capitol.''

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeAngelo Hall remains my favorite player on the skids. DJax fits like a glove in Washington...especially the humble part. Great leadership needed now that all of DC is unsure about RG3

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow to this from DeAngelo Hall. He got one thing right. No better place for this than the Nation's Capitol:

"He's the right kind of guy we need in our locker room. Fierce competitor and player, but great guy and humble guy that wants nothing more then to show people the real him,'' Redskins veteran cornerback DeAngelo Hall texted USA TODAY Sports. "And there's no better place then in the nation's Capitol.''

Soooooooooooo

Hall .. me player CHECK
Hatcher .. me player Check
Orakpo me player CHECK
RGKnee me player CHECK

Now Jackson me player ... CHECK

oh yeah they got a nice mix for a Skins team

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will just wait and see who was right on this one. The only thing I don't like is that he went to the NFC East, but on the other hand, the Eagles are not as good without him.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeSean Jackson didn’t get traded because no one wanted to pay him $10.5 million in 2014. The Redskins ultimately chose to pay him 76 percent of that.
Per a source with knowledge of the contract, Jackson will make $8 million in 2014. The total comes from a $5 million signing bonus, a fully-guaranteed base salary of $1 million, a fully-guaranteed $500,000 workout bonus, and a $1.5 million 53-man per-game roster bonus that is fully guaranteed.
For 2015, Jackson gets a fully-guaranteed $3.75 million base salary, a fully-guaranteed $500,000 workout bonus, and a fully-guaranteed $3.75 million 53-man roster bonus.
That’s $16 million fully guaranteed upon signing, earned over two years.
Because they’re fully guaranteed, the 53-man per-game roster bonuses in 2014 and 2015 don’t give the Redskins any extra protection — unless Jackson gets suspended. Even if that happens, the team would have been protected via guaranteed base salaries. The thinking is that the devices, while ultimately meaningless, could be a way to make the player think he’s got more at stake than he really does.
In 2016, Jackson has the same terms as 2015, without the guarantees: $3.75 million base salary, $500,000 workout bonus, $3.75 million 53-man roster bonus. It adds up to a three-year, $24 million contract.
There’s also a fourth-year that automatically voids. That allows the Redskins to push $1.25 million of the signing bonus into 2017, which in turn keeps the cap charges lower in 2014, 2015, and 2016.
For 2014, the cap charge is $4.25 million. For 2015 and 2016, it’ll be $9.25 million each year.
Under the circumstances, it’s a very good deal for DeSean. Especially since there’s a good chance that, instead of multiple other suitors willing to pay big money (“mystery” or otherwise), Jackson in actuality had a
crazy handful of nothin’.

As long as Jackson doesn't go all "I am holding out for more" next season. Seems like a decent contract for the Skins. If he does want what he thinks he is worth next season. Well then it depends on if the skins cave & for how much.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great deal....sure fire 16M in his pants and a team option for 8M IF they make year 3. Watch DJAX there IF they make year 3....but what do I know, I'm just basing this one what he's been about thus far. He's actually quite humble.