• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

D. Haskins, Is it time to make the switch?

Is it time to make the switch to Dwayne Haskins?

• 1. Yes

• 2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Sweat at DE if he bulks up. Kerrigan has been playing DE at times for a few years. In the end I don't think you need to change the D, you need to coach them up.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"If" you move to a 4-3 next year, it's Sweat & Kerrigan with hands in the dirt, Allen & Payne inside with Ionnadis & Settle rotating in. Holcomb and new comer at OLB with R. Foster in the middle. Bostic filling in at either OLB spot and SDH filling in at MLB. Either way, the secondary needs an upgrade as do our OLB along with coaching.

I was looking at the personnel that we already have and not one meets the requirements that epitomizes that stud NT. Without one of those, the 3-4 is useless as the base defensive set. On the other hand as you've pointed out we already have the personnel to use a 4-3 set.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2, maybe 3 more games.

Injury could move it up..

Summarizing: somewhat imminent.

RedskinzDan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what little I have seen of Haskins, he is not ready or prepared at all. Watching him on the side lines, he seems very disinterested it the game. Maybe that's just his personality, but I see no fire in him at all. He needs to be a lot more engaged on the side lines, watch and learn, support your teammates, good and bad.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough call at 0-3. The season is not technically lost yet. 0-4 and it is definitely time to start him. Wins are not that important if your playoff chances are not there.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only consideration in playing him should be can he run an NFL team . when he is ready play him . sorry but one photo taken in a moment of time shouldnt be used as the sole judge of the guy .

i believe if gruden thought he could win with haskins as starter (right now ) he would be starting . why lose your job over it ?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only consideration in playing him should be can he run an NFL team . when he is ready play him . sorry but one photo taken in a moment of time shouldnt be used as the sole judge of the guy .

i believe if gruden thought he could win with haskins as starter (right now ) he would be starting . why lose your job over it ?

Agreed, just wasn't a good look. All that said it is one picture and from all indications he is engaged. I really don't think it hurts to let him sit for a season. That was how it was done back in the day. Sonny sat behind Van Brocklin, Rodgers sat behind Favre, Mahomes sat a year behind AS.

Salaries and inpatient owners are why people think young QBs have to start so soon.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I voted yes (even though I don't have a dog in this fight). All I know about Dwayne Haskins is:

1. I hate ohio state.

2. Haskins ripped us (Michigan Wolverines) apart.

3. I really like Haskins.

It makes no sense ... I think you have someone special there. Good Luck, I am not qualified to make anymore comments on a team forum.