• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cuts down to 53-man Roster

cwrector77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You can only designate one player for new rule, they must miss 6 weeks of practice and 8 games, so I'm not sure how much "abuse" is taking place.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta be honest missed most of preseason but what did tolzien show that Johnson didn't?

Tolzien's stats weren't great, but he quite literally had receivers drop 10 passes over four games. It was quite ridiculous.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Is that a good thing or a bad thing (meaning he's always looked pretty good or always looked pretty bad)?

I've been fairly underwhelmed pretty much his whole career and his immaturity drives me crazy sometimes. I did feel he'd be a better RB than Coffee was, though.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's pretty much been completely beat up the last few years. And yes, he missed the entire preseason due to injury. Class act, but I just don't see him every making it in the league.

Seems like they hope to give him a chance to develop and try next year.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not sure where to pick this so I'll go here. Reggie Smith was cut by Carolina today. They also cut former 49er Joe Jon Finley, who was a personal favorite of mine when the 49ers had him. Neither player has PS eligibility.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Seattle also cut Phillip Adams. Now that one is a little interesting.

Ravens cut Tony Wragge, former 49er.

Patriots put Jeff Demps on IR.

Chargers cut Stephen Schilling. He'd be on my list of guys I'd consider as a developmental guard (He was a tackle in SD).

Saints cut Ezra Butler, former 49er and another favorite. He was one of my favorite UDFA signings made by the 49ers but he was arrested before his rookie year and immediately cut.

Bills cut Scott McKillop, former Niner.

Broncos cut Jason Hill, former Niner.

Unless the Steelers added somebody in the last hour or two, they only have 4 WRs on their roster.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rams cut C Tim Barnes. He'd be one of the first guys I'd propose if they were looking for a developmental center.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so. I believe guys placed on IR today are not eligible to come off.

Never-mind, the modified IR begins September 4.

NFL announces new trade deadline, IR rules | ProFootballTalk

Here’s where it gets complicated. Because teams already have cut to 75, a special procedure applies for 2012. As to teams that already have placed players on IR, the player for whom the short-term IR procedure will be used must be placed back on the active roster by 9:00 p.m. ET, August 31. He’ll then count as one of the final 53.

Then, after 4:00 p.m. ET on Tuesday, September 4, each team can place one player on the modified IR list.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chargers cut Stephen Schilling. He'd be on my list of guys I'd consider as a developmental guard (He was a tackle in SD).

Saints cut Ezra Butler, former 49er and another favorite. He was one of my favorite UDFA signings made by the 49ers but he was arrested before his rookie year and immediately cut.

Unless the Steelers added somebody in the last hour or two, they only have 4 WRs on their roster.

Chris, thanks for posting this - I always wonder how the departed are doing out there - Thanks again.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Texans cut Moran Norris, too.

Butler is 27, already. Didn't know he was that old.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Chris, thanks for posting this - I always wonder how the departed are doing out there - Thanks again.

Normally I have a thread going with ALL the cuts but that was one of many things I just couldn't fit it into my schedule this year. I have an extra fantasy league going and more importantly I'm on a schedule where I have to watch and record notes on 15-25 college games a week.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
From Maiocco. The 49ers cut 7 players that played for Harbaugh in college and nobody from Stanford or San Diego made the team.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally I have a thread going with ALL the cuts but that was one of many things I just couldn't fit it into my schedule this year. I have an extra fantasy league going and more importantly I'm on a schedule where I have to watch and record notes on 15-25 college games a week.

Oh man, Now THAT - I completely understand - very time consuming. As for the fantasy thing, I've never tried it - always wondered, but never ventured.

I want to put something together for the "ones" that made the cut and are now playing for other teams.