• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cuts down to 53-man Roster

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
According to Barrows we will sign Clark Haggans if he passes a physical. Who's on the block? My guess would be Celek or McBath. Possibly an OL though.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I want to keep a "real" 3rd TE that can be a receiving threat because we need to develop one in case Walker leaves. Isn't Walker in a contract year? He could leave.

For years it's been Davis and Walker and we haven't developped a TE. Would be nice to keep Celek and develop him, then maybe he's the #2 next year if Walker leaves?

A safety should be cut. We should actually cut 2 safeties and bring back Reggie Smith on a 2 year deal and also Haggans.

vvoland

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
what happened to that d-II OL we picked.. slowey? i havent seen him play, on the cut list or the roster. is he on IR? was he cut earlier this summer?

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I want to keep a "real" 3rd TE that can be a receiving threat because we need to develop one in case Walker leaves. Isn't Walker in a contract year? He could leave.

For years it's been Davis and Walker and we haven't developped a TE. Would be nice to keep Celek and develop him, then maybe he's the #2 next year if Walker leaves?

A safety should be cut. We should actually cut 2 safeties and bring back Reggie Smith on a 2 year deal and also Haggans.

If Walker leaves then the FO will draft or sign another to replace him. Now is not the time to worry about him leaving. That's for the off season and training camp

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Barrows we will sign Clark Haggans if he passes a physical. Who's on the block? My guess would be Celek or McBath. Possibly an OL though.

Making my top guess, I go McBath. Dixon is still expendable, IMO. Would not cut an OL.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Found an article on PFF that says Haggans played in 886 snaps last season (Average of 55 per game). Found another one that showed he has the 9th most tackles over the past three seasons among 3-4 OLBs that qualify for the statistic. He also had the 3rd most missed tackles over the last 3 seasons among 3-4 OLBs. If you combine the two stats for their tackling efficiency stat, he was their 10th worst 3-4 OLB for tackling efficiency over the last 3 seasons with a missed tackle every 8.8 attempts. (Ahmad Brooks was 8th BEST among 3-4 OLBs with a miss every 23.7 attempts).

Obviously without seeing him I'm not sure how to apply that to him to get an accurate picture because so many other things come into play with being on a new team. And all of this was probably a waste of time because he might not even last that long.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Found an article on PFF that says Haggans played in 886 snaps last season (Average of 55 per game). Found another one that showed he has the 9th most tackles over the past three seasons among 3-4 OLBs that qualify for the statistic. He also had the 3rd most missed tackles over the last 3 seasons among 3-4 OLBs. If you combine the two stats for their tackling efficiency stat, he was their 10th worst 3-4 OLB for tackling efficiency over the last 3 seasons with a missed tackle every 8.8 attempts. (Ahmad Brooks was 8th BEST among 3-4 OLBs with a miss every 23.7 attempts).

Obviously without seeing him I'm not sure how to apply that to him to get an accurate picture because so many other things come into play with being on a new team. And all of this was probably a waste of time because he might not even last that long.

Clark Haggans reportedly poised to sign with 49ers - NFL.com

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly the little bastard has no respect for the toil I went through to make my little color chart of the opening day starting line-ups! Whateva! ;)

True, but it was a nice chart. :yo:

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Double kudos to Bemular for the chart!

Much Appreciated Goat - Thank You~

Check out the latest installment of table mania for my East Coast/West Coast travel comparison.