• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

53-man roster thread

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Practice Squad announced:
DL Alex Barrett
FB Jack Colletto
WR Chris Conley
DL Marlon Davidson
TE Troy Fumagalli
OL Alfredo Gutierrez*
RB Brian Hill
CB Qwuantrezz Knight
OL Corey Luciano
WR Tay Martin
DL T.Y. McGill
LB Curtis Robinson
WR Willie Snead IV
CB Tre Swilling
OL Leroy Watson IV
WR Isaiah Winstead

Not bad. Not bad at all.
I'm surprised LB Marcelino McCrary-Ball isn't on the list. I didn't see him get picked up on waivers anywhere. I guess the FO thinks Robinson is a better player at LB.
Keeping 3 Wrs on the PS is probably b/c of the injuries we've seen at the position.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As expected, Hyder and Bryant were resigned on 1 year deals and Gray and Beal were put on short term IR to make room for them.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners signing former Steelers and Cheifs kicker Matthew Wright to the PS.

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping we'd wrap up negotiations with Bosa shortly after the last preseason game... both Bosa bros are coached by their Dad on negotiations, so I'm starting to get a little concerned that this holdout will go on beyond the season's start.

Nickle back is gonna be a "journey" this year for sure

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping we'd wrap up negotiations with Bosa shortly after the last preseason game... both Bosa bros are coached by their Dad on negotiations, so I'm starting to get a little concerned that this holdout will go on beyond the season's start.

Nickle back is gonna be a "journey" this year for sure
Nickle is a massive worry. Oliver had good tape in Atlanta, but wow did he stink in the preseason. I read somewhere that he was Wilks's choice...well, Wilks had better hope not otherwise he won't get much of a say in personnel going forward.

As for Bosa, my worry is the soft tissue injuries that come from not having practiced. The last thing he needs is to become injury-prone like his brother.

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nickle is a massive worry. Oliver had good tape in Atlanta, but wow did he stink in the preseason. I read somewhere that he was Wilks's choice...well, Wilks had better hope not otherwise he won't get much of a say in personnel going forward.

As for Bosa, my worry is the soft tissue injuries that come from not having practiced. The last thing he needs is to become injury-prone like his brother.
A friggin injury outta the gate would blow chunks.... but at the same time would be so on-point for this 9ers team, lol

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cards have signed DB Q.Knight off of the Niners practice squad.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners are working out CB B.Roby. Good, we need some help at CB. Thomas stunk when he was out there and it looks like he might miss some time with a knee injury.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former Niner 3rd rd pick, RB Trey Sermon, signed to the Indy Practice Squad.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners are working out CB B.Roby. Good, we need some help at CB. Thomas stunk when he was out there and it looks like he might miss some time with a knee injury.
Apparently, we need a CB b/c we placed Womack on IR. So he'll miss at least the next 4 games.

And So much for Roby, the Niners sign CB Anthony Brown off the Steelers Practice Squad. He tore his achilles last season while playing for Dallas.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If i had to pick on position with the most injuries, i'd say CB. If not IR type injuries, they seem to have the most nagging injuries too. Not surprising since they run and tackle all game long. Not to mention fending off blocks from TE's, WR's, and an occasional linemen.

You'd think we'd already have more than one CB on the PS? OR, at the 'worse case' Issiah Oliver goes outside?

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If i had to pick on position with the most injuries, i'd say CB. If not IR type injuries, they seem to have the most nagging injuries too. Not surprising since they run and tackle all game long. Not to mention fending off blocks from TE's, WR's, and an occasional linemen.

You'd think we'd already have more than one CB on the PS? OR, at the 'worse case' Issiah Oliver goes outside?
We're seeing some moves at CB. We signed CB Brown off the Steeler practice squad and we just moved CB Tre Swilling from our own PS up to the active roster.

I think Oliver has been playing on the outside. When Oliver comes in, I've seen Demo covering the slot. It might just be a situational thing though.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We're seeing some moves at CB. We signed CB Brown off the Steeler practice squad and we just moved CB Tre Swilling from our own PS up to the active roster.

I think Oliver has been playing on the outside. When Oliver comes in, I've seen Demo covering the slot. It might just be a situational thing though.
Yeah, they signed Brown and its good they're looking ahead. Fortunately, Ambry Thomas' isn't out (wasn't out?) long term. Womack is expected back as opposed to season ending.

I sure hope Ward is back to last year's self? Didn't see much on him last night, so i take it as a good sign. Last week, even talking heads were saying Moonie didn't look right.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Nines cut Tre Swilling from the 53 man roster and signed Brown again. Reports say that we will try to put Swilling on the practice squad. More moves at CB.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cards have released former Niner Olineman Ilm Manning. Manning went to Hawaii and started 60-of-62 games at left tackle and was a three-time All-Mountain West selection in five seasons. He is undersized for a tackle at 6-foot-2 and 294 pounds. The Niners wanted to sign him to the PS and move him to OG, but he was signed by the Cards. The Niners may look to resign him to the PS in the coming days.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cards have released former Niner Olineman Ilm Manning. Manning went to Hawaii and started 60-of-62 games at left tackle and was a three-time All-Mountain West selection in five seasons. He is undersized for a tackle at 6-foot-2 and 294 pounds. The Niners wanted to sign him to the PS and move him to OG, but he was signed by the Cards. The Niners may look to resign him to the PS in the coming days.
And just as I thought might happen, Manning has been signed to the Niner PS. Along with RB Jeremy McNichols.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The FB we cut off the PS, Jack Colletto, was signed onto the Steeler PS.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When we traded for Gregory, we cut DL Kerry Hyder. He just signed onto the Texans PS.