• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

cuts and Final 53 man roster

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the competition between Bailey and Maher was close I agree with keeping Maher due to his punting ability.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the competition between Bailey and Maher was close I agree with keeping Maher due to his punting ability.
I only keep Mahar if they are worried about Bailey not being Bailey because of injury or something else. Beyond Shocking. But if there is a concern then that is a big salary for a kicker. pays about 25% of ET...

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bailey was an absolute weapon for us, shame to see him go. Watching other teams struggle with kickers and constantly give away opportunities makes me nervous, guy was automatic for so long.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bailey was an absolute weapon for us, shame to see him go. Watching other teams struggle with kickers and constantly give away opportunities makes me nervous, guy was automatic for so long.
As close as all the games are in the NFL, cutting Bailey is a move that could easily cost us a game or two, in other words, 10-6 to 8-8. Hope not, but not happy at all. Unless the money is going to Earl or Bailey is hurt, this is a crazy move

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only keep Mahar if they are worried about Bailey not being Bailey because of injury or something else. Beyond Shocking. But if there is a concern then that is a big salary for a kicker. pays about 25% of ET...

I too am shocked, but if the competition was close, especially with Bailey's injury, I could see the punt ability being the deciding factor. I have to believe if Bailey was Bailey pre-injury he'd be our kicker.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, this was out of left field. Guess that 57 whatever yard kick got the Dallas FO happy in the pants.

Hope this doesn't bite us. Odd we couldn't find anyone to trade him for. Couldn't we get a backup Center for a probowl kicker?

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was just thinking about the Cowboys only having 8 DBs after cut downs. And then I got to thinking that Woods is currently hurt. Now I'm thinking there is no way the Cowboys go into week 1 with only 7 active DBs on game day. Which leads me to believe there is going to be a trade coming down the track - can't help but feel like ET3 is imminent. Just a feeling...

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was just thinking about the Cowboys only having 8 DBs after cut downs. And then I got to thinking that Woods is currently hurt. Now I'm thinking there is no way the Cowboys go into week 1 with only 7 active DBs on game day. Which leads me to believe there is going to be a trade coming down the track - can't help but feel like ET3 is imminent. Just a feeling...

Might as well go get him now.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might as well go get him now.
The Cowboys are in a unique position when it comes to Earl Thomas. If ET3 is in shape, and he claims to be, Thomas could feasibly step right into the FS role in Dallas and play right away. By almost all accounts the schemes, calls and terminology in the secondary are the same ones Thomas used in Seattle, brought over by Kris Richard.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, this was out of left field. Guess that 57 whatever yard kick got the Dallas FO happy in the pants.

Hope this doesn't bite us. Odd we couldn't find anyone to trade him for. Couldn't we get a backup Center for a probowl kicker?

One thing for sure. The first time a missed FG costs us a game the resulting shitstorm will be long and loud. And the second time... deafening.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Competition seems to have decided the roster, not salaries or name:

What? He was always money and I just drafted him on my fantasy team. That’s crazy?
And you keep a guy who gets arrested the night before final cuts??

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this was why Bailey was released.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article216142590.html

Look Bailey has been great, but the release might have been for the better.
From what I read the early struggles went away and he was doing fine at the end of camp. I just don't think there is any way to justify Mara being better. Something else must be at play. Maybe he wasn't as accurate at the end of camp as we were led to believe. Maybe they are worried about his back issue coming back. I thought he had a disc problem for the last couple of years and I thought that even led to the groin issue? So perhaps that is still an issue? Or maybe he is injured right now and not ready to go? I still can't quite figure this one out.

I was wondering if they asked him to take a pay cut. Because if you aren't sure, saving $3M isn't a bad deal, but the irony of it is they don't really need the cap space like they did in prior years. They can sign any of these released guys without a problem and it doesn't seem like Seattle is willing to trade ET anytime soon.

Normally I would say that maybe the team is looking to bring him back for less but If that were the issue and both sides were going to agree to it I think it would have happened. He won't be sitting around w/o a job for long unless he really is injured right now and can't kick, so I'll just wish him Good Luck with his next team and thank him for how awesome he was here:salute:

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I read the early struggles went away and he was doing fine at the end of camp. I just don't think there is any way to justify Mara being better. Something else must be at play. Maybe he wasn't as accurate at the end of camp as we were led to believe. Maybe they are worried about his back issue coming back. I thought he had a disc problem for the last couple of years and I thought that even led to the groin issue? So perhaps that is still an issue? Or maybe he is injured right now and not ready to go? I still can't quite figure this one out.

I was wondering if they asked him to take a pay cut. Because if you aren't sure, saving $3M isn't a bad deal, but the irony of it is they don't really need the cap space like they did in prior years. They can sign any of these released guys without a problem and it doesn't seem like Seattle is willing to trade ET anytime soon.

Normally I would say that maybe the team is looking to bring him back for less but If that were the issue and both sides were going to agree to it I think it would have happened. He won't be sitting around w/o a job for long unless he really is injured right now and can't kick, so I'll just wish him Good Luck with his next team and thank him for how awesome he was here:salute:

Maybe all your maybe's are right. I read about the camp struggles in the past and even then wondered if he could be beat out.

I just don't think he was released for the money. Jerry wants to win more than save a few dollars, and he's extremely loyal to his players.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe all your maybe's are right. I read about the camp struggles in the past and even then wondered if he could be beat out.

I just don't think he was released for the money. Jerry wants to win more than save a few dollars, and he's extremely loyal to his players.
It was also interesting that they had Mara kick that FG at the end of the AZ game. Maybe it was already on their minds?

And of course attempting the 57 yarder was perhaps more getting a look at him and if he could hit it than kicking a long FG?

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was also interesting that they had Mara kick that FG at the end of the AZ game. Maybe it was already on their minds?

And of course attempting the 57 yarder was perhaps more getting a look at him and if he could hit it than kicking a long FG?

Are you calling him Mara on purpose?

His name is Maher. I doubt any Cowboy would welcome any Mara into Texas.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You need to have a stern talk with your spell check.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree. Jerry is more about those dollars. If he was about winning, ET would be a cowboy now!!