• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

cuts and Final 53 man roster

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This cut down just seemed crazy weird this year. Not sure why we go 3 Qb's and 4 TE's. Seems wasted space coulda been used elsewhere.
I get the 4 TEs because I see Rico as a matchup problem. I think the team easily could have PS'd Rush as n maybe even White. And if they tried and another team claimed one so be it.

I'm not 100% sold on Bailey being cut but if it's simply he was beat out like I think it is, I'm good with it

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m just not sure Bailey got beat out. I mean how do u beat out a healthy Dan Bailey. ??

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m just not sure Bailey got beat out. I mean how do u beat out a healthy Dan Bailey. ??
he has struggled since being back from injury. It would be simple to understand he got beat out. it is sad since he was money pre injury, but it happens. Now we are back to being unsure. As much as I dont like not having the old Bailey. If true I have to give credit to the powers that be for making the tough call to let him go.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good question. Now are we sure he's healthy.
I don't see Dallas downgrading for a few million dollars.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything I have read - he is healthy. He had back to back days in camp where he missed 2 Fgs each day. That was like Aug. 3 and Aug 4. Supposedly throughout training camp he was 42-47 in live situations. If that is true he missed one more.

Maher supposedly only kicked live in games which he was 4/5.

Supposedly he has a much stronger leg. With these new kickoff rules, I’m guessing it benefits you to kick as many Touchbacks as possible now. Last yr Bailey had a 57% TB.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Bailey, think about what a kicker does, it's like a pitcher in baseball. Constant repitition, it's all about the mechanics. His hamstring injury could have completely derailed his mechanics and he hasn't been able to get it back. Maybe eventually he does but for now it's very possible he's just not the same guy.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the 4 TEs because I see Rico as a matchup problem. I think the team easily could have PS'd Rush as n maybe even White. And if they tried and another team claimed one so be it.

I'm not 100% sold on Bailey being cut but if it's simply he was beat out like I think it is, I'm good with it
How many teams go with just 2 QBs and one of them a late round rookie draft pick that isn't ready? 3 was always the plan from what I was watching. Rush on the PS would't do us any good. He is on the team in case Dak gets hurt. You can't dress a guy on the PS. Like it or not he is the guy going in if Dak goes down in a game because the team doesn't feel White is ready. As far as White goes I would be very upset if we tried to waive him and stash him on the PS and someone claimed him. For a 5th round rookie that was called very raw when drafted and who had a pass rush in his face constantly I thought he had a great first preseason. When I watch him I see a guy that can be a starter in this league:2cents:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I turned it on with 15 seconds left. Houston punts it in the end zone. Lenoir was the PR. One of the gunners for Houston was looking back for the ball. Lenoir ear holed him and got a personal foul.

As far as Brown. I read he is headed to IR and THOMPSON will be resigned.
Finally saw confirmation of this and love it!!! And I'm sure it will make @PDay8810 happy too
I'm sure they discussed this with him ahead of time and told him this was their plan before they even cut him. So they managed to keep Lenoir and Thompson AND Brown.

Rico: Anyone think they had already told him he was on the team before he was arrested? I'm thinking he already knew he was on the team and since they knew they were keeping him the minor arrest didn't change things. I think at the end it was probably not as "up in the air" as all of us thought. Maybe he was just celebrating a little...

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many teams go with just 2 QBs and one of them a late round rookie draft pick that isn't ready? 3 was always the plan from what I was watching. Rush on the PS would't do us any good. He is on the team in case Dak gets hurt. You can't dress a guy on the PS. Like it or not he is the guy going in if Dak goes down in a game because the team doesn't feel White is ready. As far as White goes I would be very upset if we tried to waive him and stash him on the PS and someone claimed him. For a 5th round rookie that was called very raw when drafted and who had a pass rush in his face constantly I thought he had a great first preseason. When I watch him I see a guy that can be a starter in this league:2cents:
I personnaly do t see where either did anything to make another team say let's go claim one off of waivers.
From what I saw in preseason if Dak goes down the team is in a heap of shit.
By getting one on the PS he's learning the system and can be added to the roster for an injury, un the mean time Heath could be the Emergency 3rd QB.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally saw confirmation of this and love it!!! And I'm sure it will make @PDay8810 happy too
I'm sure they discussed this with him ahead of time and told him this was their plan before they even cut him. So they managed to keep Lenoir and Thompson AND Brown.

Rico: Anyone think they had already told him he was on the team before he was arrested? I'm thinking he already knew he was on the team and since they knew they were keeping him the minor arrest didn't change things. I think at the end it was probably not as "up in the air" as all of us thought. Maybe he was just celebrating a little...

I don't know if he knew, but I do think he wasn't on nnbn the bubble we fans thought he was on.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personnaly do t see where either did anything to make another team say let's go claim one off of waivers.
From what I saw in preseason if Dak goes down the team is in a heap of shit.
By getting one on the PS he's learning the system and can be added to the roster for an injury, un the mean time Heath could be the Emergency 3rd QB.
As well as the front office has done in stockpiling young talent, there are a couple of moves that I think could really bite them on the butt. Not going out and getting the best safety in the game for a 2nd....and going with Cooper Rush as your backup. If Dak were to go down for 3-4 games, season over

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the moves. Rico needed to stay on. He is a match up nightmare in the passing game.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As well as the front office has done in stockpiling young talent, there are a couple of moves that I think could really bite them on the butt. Not going out and getting the best safety in the game for a 2nd....and going with Cooper Rush as your backup. If Dak were to go down for 3-4 games, season over
Agree with all. Just I'm still not sold Seattle will settle for a 2nd for ET.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the moves. Rico needed to stay on. He is a match up nightmare in the passing game.
What he has shown so far does not merit making 53. I would have cut him. Hope you are right, but that dumb ass move getting arrested the day before cut day, was as dumb as can be.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What he has shown so far does not merit making 53. I would have cut him. Hope you are right, but that dumb ass move getting arrested the day before cut day, was as dumb as can be.

I agree dumbass move to get popped for marijuana right before cut day, but you cant deny he's a match up problem to the other team, especially in the RZ.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones to IR and Price back on 53 man roster

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree dumbass move to get popped for marijuana right before cut day, but you cant deny he's a match up problem to the other team, especially in the RZ.
On paper he is a match up problem. Show me in a real game and i will be happy.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not too terribly surprised they kept Rico.
I dont think he did enough to stay on the 53, but when Jerry talks him up. You know Jerry ain't ready to admit making a mistake yet. I look at it as Rico is on the team because of Jerry's ego, not because of Rico's play (mismatch or otherwise)

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOTES: The Cowboys placed WR Noah Brown (hamstring) on IR and brought back WR Deonte Thompson in his place. Thompson was among the final cuts after signing as a free agent in the offseason, but Garrett said the Cowboys intended to bring him back. Thompson was slowed by an Achilles injury most of training camp. ... Rookie RB Bo Scarbrough of Alabama, a seventh-round pick, was signed to the practice squad.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones to IR and Price back on 53 man roster
Well, I thought this was a done deal since I read about it in a few different places. Seems like we let word get out too early and someone claimed Price. Nothings a secret on this team:L