• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cutler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 TD's 0 int's. And he played like crap IMO. Overthrows and under throws. Look like he had no confidence for 3 qts. I'm not knocking our boy, just noting he needs to play better. A few of his TDs to BM were just throw ups that BM showed why Jay can do that with him.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course. He gets drilled wether he wins or loses. Funny my how 1 quarterback can under throw receivers and they call it a back shoulder fade and anothet quarterback throws the same pass and its under thrown. Take it for what it's worth. Hiw Did Josh McCown look today

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the fact that Cutler gave the defense credit for the turnovers and giving him a short field. He credited the receivers acknowledging both the receivers and defense in the interview after the game.

It was beautiful watching frank Gore running into a defensive tackle and stopping.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course. He gets drilled wether he wins or loses. Funny my how 1 quarterback can under throw receivers and they call it a back shoulder fade and anothet quarterback throws the same pass and its under thrown. Take it for what it's worth. Hiw Did Josh McCown look today

Josh mccown won't look any good.He is in the wrong system.
his best chance to have a decent career was in Chicago.
better online,wars,te and rb than what TB has......It's not even comparable.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 TD's 0 int's. And he played like crap IMO. Overthrows and under throws. Look like he had no confidence for 3 qts. I'm not knocking our boy, just noting he needs to play better. A few of his TDs to BM were just throw ups that BM showed why Jay can do that with him.

You could stop after "4 TD's 0 int's". No matter how much he overthrew, underthrew, threw away, or swallowed the ball... the big difference was he made sure his bad possessions ended in punts and good possessions ended in TDs. You will win a lot of ball games just because of that.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10665763_766774120053318_1953942694569220082_n.jpg

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One was a short throw across the middle to Marshall that hit him in stride. The other was a back shoulder throw away from the defender. Hardly "jump balls".

The other one… yeah.

I feel like everyone is taking that one amazing catch by Marshall and then projecting that on the rest of the game. Yeah, Cutler overthrew Jeffery a few times early, but you have to remember that he's used to a burst from him that just wasn't there with the hamstring.

After falling down 17-0 he was 15 of 16 for 140 yards 4 TD's 0 INT's and a perfect passer rating. Best I've seen him play as a Bear, outside of the Philly game in 2010, the second half of the Jets game in 2010, and the Seattle playoff win.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh mccown won't look any good.He is in the wrong system.
his best chance to have a decent career was in Chicago.
better online,wars,te and rb than what TB has......It's not even comparable.

He rarely looked good in Chicago. He's a freaking career backup and journeyman. He stinks. I called this a mile away.

A good QB could work with what he has in TB. A good running game, a serviceable O-line, and two big talented WR's in VJax and Evans.

Their best move is going to Glennon.

Mikefive

KFFL Mod... SportsHoopla nobody
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could stop after "4 TD's 0 int's". No matter how much he overthrew, underthrew, threw away, or swallowed the ball... the big difference was he made sure his bad possessions ended in punts and good possessions ended in TDs. You will win a lot of ball games just because of that.
The above is a pivotal point in this discussion.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay played bad for 3 qtrs. I'm a Jay fan so keep the little girl thoughts in your own heads. Just because I am realistic that does not make me a Jay hater. Grow the fuck up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did he get drilled? If you can't handle the truth that's your problem not mine.

Wounded Bear

Pilgrim on a Moutain Top
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did he get drilled? If you can't handle the truth that's your problem not mine.

Yeah, Jay is invisible the first part of the game, no doubt about. Wish we could do something about his slow starts so we could have a qb for a full 4 quarters. There was an article last year or the year prior showing that Jay had the very lowest QB rating in the league in the first quarter, but as the game progressed, his QB rating rose to the highest in the league in the 4th.

In other words, we had the worst QB in the league in the first quarter and the best in the 4th (as far as QB rating is concerned, anyhow). I would imagine that things haven't changed too much in the last couple years......

Edit: After unsuccessfully trying to find that article, I was able to dig up some current stats, albeit only after 2 games this year.....Jay doesn't even rank in the top 20 QBs in the league in the first half, but ranks #8 in the league in the 2nd half. Cutler ranks #5 in the league in the 4th quarter:

NBC Sports
NBC Sports
NBC Sports

Hopefully this improves as the season progresses. With all that garbage said, I can't take away his great performance in the 4th against the Niners.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He rarely looked good in Chicago. He's a freaking career backup and journeyman. He stinks. I called this a mile away.

A good QB could work with what he has in TB. A good running game, a serviceable O-line, and two big talented WR's in VJax and Evans.

Their best move is going to Glennon.

yeah right.............Thats why V-jax is on his 3rd qb.

and I`m betting your gonna tell me that mccown has the same type of players in TB as he did in chicago last season?

No way..............You look at JM`s numbers and JCs numbers,and you will see Josh did a little to alot better.

2013 Chicago Bears Statistics & Players | Pro-Football-Reference.com

no way will Josh duplicate those numbers in TB with that tean.
But I`m betting he could have in chi-town.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still shitting on Jay Cutler? I just don't get it.

Mikefive

KFFL Mod... SportsHoopla nobody
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I call 'em like I see 'em. On the scale of Bear fans in general, I'm in the 40th percentile of liking Jay Cutler. I didn't like the contract we offered him. I think he makes too many preventable mistakes, largely because he doesn't throw the ball away more often. That said, his toughness and arm strength is right up there at the top. And his running skill is above average.

When you look at this particular game, he was kinda playing with one arm behind his back. The 49ers took Forte away and neither Jeffery nor Marshall could hobble their way to 50 receiving yards. The pass pro was kinda iffy in the first half. Cutler had a lot of things he couldn't control going against him. But he hung in there, even after that nasty spear and put his team in a position to win the game, with a big assist from the D producing 4 turnovers. He made enough good throws to win it. There's room for criticizing Cutler in SF, but it's all nitpicky.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Jay. I think he is a top 8 to 12 QB and I don't care about stats. I do the eye test. But this team needs him to get things going from the start. We can't rely on the comeback. We can't keep hanging the defense out. We need 4 qtrs. Tman needs to call better games too. Now I'm a Tman hater I'm guessing?

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah right.............Thats why V-jax is on his 3rd qb.

and I`m betting your gonna tell me that mccown has the same type of players in TB as he did in chicago last season?

No way..............You look at JM`s numbers and JCs numbers,and you will see Josh did a little to alot better.

2013 Chicago Bears Statistics & Players | Pro-Football-Reference.com

no way will Josh duplicate those numbers in TB with that tean.
But I`m betting he could have in chi-town.

No matter what the stats say, Josh did NOT play better than Jay last season. Jay played against tougher defenses than Josh did. Josh played against the worst defenses in the league. Also, Josh had freak luck with a TON of dropped interceptions. In that supposedly great game Josh had, the Cowboys flat out dropped 4 INTs and another got called back on a penalty. McCown's career stats give a better idea of the QB he is. Last season was just freak luck.

Josh would have been knocked out of the game had he taken the hit that Cutler did. Not many QBs stay in after a massive hit like that. The team fed off Cutler's toughness after that. Just an awesome performance and great leadership by Jay! He's gonna be a pro bowl QB this season, BOOK IT.

Last edited by a moderator: