• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

cut down day... i mean what's next for tebow day

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you cut him after spending the week putting together the game plan? That's fantastic logic. Let's spend the week teaching him what we're going to do against GB, THEN cut him.

That makes much more sense than cutting him before game planning starts.

Also, if we cut him on Friday, Seattle might claim him rather than GB. The only way your approach makes sense is if we carry him to the bye week then cut him.

Essentially nothing that has been covered in training camp is a secret anyhow. Roughly 98% of it will be on tape from last year.

It's the weekly game plan that matters.

But you know that already.

Yes. He can't do any damage that way. As for Seattle picking him up? LOL! They got way more important holes to fill than a third string QB.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yes. He can't do any damage that way. As for Seattle picking him up? LOL! They got way more important holes to fill than a third string QB.

So we cut him when he knows what we're going to do, so he can't do any damage?

And GB doesn't have more important holes to fill than a practice squad QB (that's where Tolzien ended up, The GB practice squad)?

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did Tolzien end up on the GB practice squad and not ours? I can't believe we wouldn't want to keep him. If Kaep gets hurt this year we are so screwed.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
How did Tolzien end up on the GB practice squad and not ours? I can't believe we wouldn't want to keep him. If Kaep gets hurt this year we are so screwed.

Tolzien on our PS wouldn't have changed that.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we cut him when he knows what we're going to do, so he can't do any damage?
And GB doesn't have more important holes to fill than a practice squad QB (that's where Tolzien ended up, The GB practice squad)?

Now you are getting it. The Friday before the game is too late for GB. They are already travelling to SF with their game plan in place with no time to work on anything Tolzein provides..........But ou knew that. As for GB having "more important holes to fill", obviously not, since they signed him.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they get rid of Jerrod-Eddie or Celek. Those are the two weakest links right now

Jtymer49er

Jtymer49er
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Now you are getting it. The Friday before the game is too late for GB. They are already travelling to SF with their game plan in place with no time to work on anything Tolzein provides..........But ou knew that. As for GB having "more important holes to fill", obviously not, since they signed him.[/QUOT

Im not sure about this but if we kept Tolzien on the roster until Friday wouldnt that make his salary guaranteed? So we would be stuck paying his whole salary just to keep him a few days?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you are getting it. The Friday before the game is too late for GB. They are already travelling to SF with their game plan in place with no time to work on anything Tolzein provides..........But ou knew that. As for GB having "more important holes to fill", obviously not, since they signed him.[/QUOT

Im not sure about this but if we kept Tolzien on the roster until Friday wouldnt that make his salary guaranteed? So we would be stuck paying his whole salary just to keep him a few days?

Could be. I don't know enough about his contract situation to comment.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanchez, rehabbing a bruised joint in his throwing shoulder, is due to make a guaranteed $8.25 million in base salary. Even though they're on the hook for the entire salary, the Jets could release Sanchez and take an enormous salary-cap hit.

Nice! :nod:

With their injuries and oline (or is it just the QBs?), I don't see why you would cut him unless Geno Smith can't handle the pressure behind him or Sanchez making a huge stink over losing the starting position. I mean, Sanchez, in case of injury, is better insurance than others they have, right?

And this article is silly. Quinn isn't going to mentor anyone. He's the bitter backup to Tim Tebow. He ain't teaching anything. (Maybe I'm too cynical.)

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanchez, rehabbing a bruised joint in his throwing shoulder, is due to make a guaranteed $8.25 million in base salary. Even though they're on the hook for the entire salary, the Jets could release Sanchez and take an enormous salary-cap hit.

Nice! :nod:
Sanchez will not be released. Not many teams go with a rookie starter without a QB who can learn or knows ths system .Quinn is not...and won't be for any team...the answer as a back-up QB. The Jets take the hit and Rex takes his walking papers this season ( maybe sooner than later).